Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That there is an actual Roadrunner (animal) ~ not just the Beep! Beep! cartoon one AND apparently there is a car that is also called a Roadrunner! I did not know this. :/
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I begged my dad to take me to the ABC store to buy some books. He laughed heartily and said no, but never explained why. I was probably in high school before I learned that ABC stood for 'Alcoholic Beverage Control' and people buy their booze there rather than their reading materials... :laugh:
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    that you are supposed to say "I couldn't care less" instead of "I could care less"

it sure makes sense when you think about it. If you could care less, it means you care some
  • ThustonHowell
    Options
    Had a big revelation in (Catholic) church that I needed to point out to my future wife:

"Have you noticed that every church has the same pictures on the walls?"

Her response:

"Dumba$$ that's the stations of the cross."
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just found out on Tuesday that Washington, D.C. is in "the District of Columbia" which is NOT a state it's a district why am I explaining this you probably all know it already.
    /CanadaEh
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Men do not need to use tissue when urinating. Found that out 1 year ago

But they should! That way there wouldnt be the floor and toilet rim drips! I don't get it!

That is just carelessness on their part, and not always at the end.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I found out that people were actually saying "Up and at 'em", not "Up and Adam".. and this wasn't even that long ago :(

ME TOO!!!!
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As a young teenager "learning" about sex, my friend told me "to get pregnant your boyfriend has to pee in you". :noway: :huh: Thought that for years!! geesh.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

I bet that everyone who reads this automatically sings the three songs to see if it's true... I know I did! >.< :embarassed:

I will admit... I did!! hahaha

Hahaha, I did too! Totally blew my mind :embarassed: :laugh:
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Corn is not a vegetable, it is a grain. Oh, and when I found out Neil Patrick Harris was gay. I felt more sad than dumb on that one. :sad:

That's how I felt about Matt Bomer.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That women weren't allowed in combat. I didn't realize it was 1950...
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I found out through watching Glee that Barbra Streisand is actually an insanely famous singer, not just an actress from Meet the Fockers..
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I found out the other day while looking up gardening tips that Chipotle Peppers weren't an actual type of pepper I could grow. They're just smoked jalapenos...I'm ashamed.

But, I WILL be growing jalapenos in my garden this year!

i DID NOT know this! as a Mexican American... i feel dumb for not knowing :(
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Men do not need to use tissue when urinating. Found that out 1 year ago

But they should! That way there wouldnt be the floor and toilet rim drips! I don't get it!

That is just carelessness on their part, and not always at the end.

I had my son's daycare teacher tell me I was potty training my son all wrong by teaching him to "dab dab dab".... haha
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i didnt know that when cats have babies they move their litter to a different basket after about a week,
    so when i came home and saw 1 kitty missing i freaked out and thought my cat ate a kitty!!!!!
    it went into this long story of my friend and i having a panic attack and throwing holy water on the kitties and the cat..
    and trying to make it come out from under the bed by feeding it a piece of lunch meat so it stops eating my kitty.....
    we got soo scarred and the mommy cat even pulled ANOTHER cat under the bed!!
    OH WE WERE IN A HUGE PANIC!! we were screaming and yelling thinking that my cat ATE ANOTHER BABY!!
    at this point we moved all the cats still "alive" to another room, locked the door, and said a prayer...
    my friend and i were so scared that we didnt want to come by the mommy kitty because we were scarred she would scratch our faces or eat us or attack us (we thought my cat had rabies) why else would the mommy cat bring 2 babies under the dark bed!!!!
    at this point we were crying and walking in circles we made ourselves sooo scarred that we left the house and luckily we saw
    two maintence men!!! :)
    so we told them our story and they came in our house to move our bed!!! OMG WE WERE SOOO SCARRED OF SEEING 2 BLOODY KITTENS!!
    they moved the bed and saw 2 healthy kittens with the mom breast feeding them... all the kitties looked up at us and my friend and i looked at the maintence men...
    the maintence men looked at us and asked " what are u guys on?"
    LOL!!!! haha!!!! omg we were soo scarred though!!! we were just soooo hung over and with that lack of sleep i guess it made us paranoid... ahh the good ole days...... after they left we were still a lil shaken up so we slept on the living room floor... (away from the healthy kitties)

thats what drinking to much liquor the night before and having only 3 hours of sleep will do to you.... lol... that was probably my dumbest moment ever... especially that we sprinkled holy water on the kitties because we thought they were possessed.. lol....
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .

bahaha I laughed out loud at this!!
  • fashalynche
    Options
    Oh wow! I just thought about that!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that the Quarterback only played offensively ... I thought he was the one player to stay on the field all the time for some reason.

Oh, and Octopus/Squid have tentacles not testicles.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I thought Santa and Jesus were the same. It made sense to me, they came on the same night, we celebrated both of their arrivals on Christmas morning, so I would pray to Santa just like I would pray to Jesus...
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Had a big revelation in (Catholic) church that I needed to point out to my future wife:

"Have you noticed that every church has the same pictures on the walls?"

Her response:

"Dumba$$ that's the stations of the cross."

This one made me LOL. Love working in swearing and stations of the cross in the same sentence! :laugh: