Let 'er rip.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hahahaha
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Everyone does it, nothing to be embarrassed over. I think it's childish to get so worked up over it.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have dutch oven contests. We regularly have conversations while one of us is going to the bathroom.

He witnessed the birth of our child. I think at this point, anything is on the table.

^^Re your second bit...my **** was literally all out on the table while I was giving birth, lol!! Having said that, I do usually prefer to drop the kids at the pool in private, but having lived with my hubby for 14yrs, farting is an olympic sport in our house, haha!! Mind my mother-in-law has NEVER farted in front of her hubby or my hubby and his sister. Now that is wierd!!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    From the time I was 8 until 14, I was raised by my grandma. We just don't do that kind of thing. I will forever deny both, and I refuse to do it around any boyfriend I've ever had. I get really embarrassed about it. I'm assuming it's because my grandma is a little bit proper, so it was never talked about. When I was 14, I moved back in with my mom, and my sister, mother, and step-father all openly talk about it. I'm just not comfortable even saying the words "poop" or "fart". If I need to go to the bathroom, I say I "need to go to the bathroom", and no other information.

edit: Also, bathroom jokes aren't funny at all in my opinion. I think they're disgusting.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Neither of us really announce when we're gonna poop, so that's not ever discussed.

Pretty sure the only time my boyfriend has heard me fart is in my sleep when I can't control it, lol. Likewise, I don't think i've ever heard him?? It's pretty obvious when he's in there pooping because he runs the sink lol. We live in a studio apartment, more or less. Thin walls and everything in close proximity. I'll usually go right before a shower, so the shower is running.

But, as far as being open about it..it's one thing to just be human and it's another to act totally disrepectful. Maybe i'm old school like that? But I really don't want a boyfriend that is gonna run up and fart in my face and laugh about it. That's just rude to me.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My ex was a 'fart anywhere' guy...so much so he was forbidden to sit on his mom's new furniture...he did it just to get a rise out of people. I would chase him around the house with lysol it reeked so bad, then he started not farting in my presence.

My general 'rule' is, if the bathroom door is shut stay the hell out, if it's open, come on. I tend to not fart in front of anyone, either.

I also don't care to join in verbal conversations about pooping...I've spent 7 years cleaning up adult feces, not something I wish to hear or talk about on my own time.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Had a good laugh!!!! Lol. To answer the question yes! Been together almost 10 yrs he's gross n has turned me into a version of him in the privacy of our home lol
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bumping...I will need this laugh later :)
  • 16Momma16
    16Momma16 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My man has watched me have 4 babies. The first baby 19 years ago and the last 7 years. Giving birth is beautiful but only the baby part of it. If I need to let loose then I will. He can't however come in the toilet with me. Honestly, I can't even say the words.. P and F... hahahahaha
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like to think there should always be a little mystery in a relationship. That mystery would be farting and pooping.

Yeah. Completely unnecessary to poop in front of him. What next? True intimacy will require he floss your teeth and insert your tampons? If chivalry is dead, so is being a lady apparently.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love this thread!!!

Farting is classed as an olympic sport in our house, the louder the better, and given that we both use protein shakes there's plenty to go about! I do prefer to 'drop the kids at the pool' on my own, however after having my second child I did it on the table during labour so my inhibitions have disappeared. Also I had a section with my first child and my husband stepped the wrong side of the screen just after they lifted my son out, so you could say he literally knows me inside out, lol!!! Btw, he was mega impressed with this! :bigsmile: