While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• beckyhoo
    beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No time to read through all 9 pages so apologies if this was mentioned, but I've found that Special K Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pastry Crisps are a great substitute for Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts! They taste very similar - that is to say...DELICIOUS!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    No time to read through all 9 pages so apologies if this was mentioned, but I've found that Special K Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pastry Crisps are a great substitute for Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts! They taste very similar - that is to say...DELICIOUS!

Special K has no red velvet products...they fail.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I used to eat my weight in Pop Tarts! I loved them so much. Toasted, in the microwave, cold right out of the package...any way I could make them, they were good to me. I never liked the ones with the frosting though. I think frosting should be soft and pliable, not like the stuff that's on the frosted poptarts. I just liked the plain strawberry ones. I could definitely eat the whole box. No problem. They used to have this off brand called Toastettes. It was the same idea, only I liked the "pastry" (if you can call it that, LOL!) better and it had large grain sugar sprinkled on top. Now THOSE were the best, but sadly they don't make them anymore. Now that I am trying to think about when the last time I had them, I can't even remember... And don't get me wrong, I have things off plan from time to time, but my old favorite: Pop Tarts isn't even a consideration any more. I can honestly say that my taste buds have changed dramatically since I have started to eat mainly fresh clean food (like I said, I have something naughty every once in a while). I get all kinds of stomach pains when I eat any kind of grain like product now. I wonder if I would even like them anymore...
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

You are awesome. I must have these.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.
    So true... Nutella is like crack to me.
    Sweet, chocolately, delicious crack... lol
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    hydrogenated oils.

I'm partial to the partially hydrogenated oils.

I looked for the red velvet pop-tarts this morning, but alas, there were none to be found. :sad:

I found 'em on amazon...
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So many judgemental people sitting on their high horses when it comes to Poptarts...:grumble:
    I'll be making the rounds tomorrow looking for the Red Velvet ones! The best were the Vanilla Fudge...bur for some stupid reason they no longer make them. And don't try to tell me some of these other vanilly ones are good replacements...
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    hating hating hating .... lol! My kids love them. I'd rather have oreos or ice cream!
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hate them because they're gross. Ok, so maybe the brown sugar ones aren't so bad. But I stand by my hate for the rest of them. Wanna fight about it?
    THIS
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MFP people are going to buy up all the Red Velvet ones tonight (myself included). There will be none left anywhere. I did see a box going for almost $12 on amazon, lol. Unfrosted Cherry are my favorite, but those Red Velvet might knock them down a notch!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Nutella is the enemy.

Since I always lie to myself that I'll eat it little by little, and then always eat the entire jar at one sitting- I can never buy it again.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    hydrogenated oils.

I'm partial to the partially hydrogenated oils.

I looked for the red velvet pop-tarts this morning, but alas, there were none to be found. :sad:

I found 'em on amazon...

Oooooh, thanks!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I used to eat 2 a day 5 days at least a week and nowhere near diabetic :)
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bought the Red Velvet tonight and OMG yum! I found them at Stop & Shop they were on a display in the cereal aisle.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ummm because I personally think they are gross and 75 carbs a packet is too high for someone who eats less than 100 carbs a day. Having said that I don't judge others based on my own preferences and neurosis.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Nutella is the enemy.
    This is true.
  • azanne07
    Options
    They just don't do anything for me and use up too many cals... I'm hungry after I eat them

I don't think anyone should cut anything out of their diet if it's something they enjoy, as long as they fit into your cals

I agree. they arent for everyone. pop tarts were a major downfall for me before because i was still hungry. but if we are on a road trip these are perfect sepcially when i cant get to a fridge after im done eating them.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

Holy crap! Where are the Red Velvet Pop Tarts?!?! I have never seen them before, but they look like pure awesome!
  • azanne07
    Options

how many calories do you burn off to be able to eat things like that. how do you do it