Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Ladies, for the sake of your beautiful skin, please don't work out with a thick layer of foundation.

And that's all I'm saying on the matter :flowerforyou:
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    No makeup. If I'm going to the gym after work, I'll take a few seconds to wash it off before I head out of the locker room. Otherwise, I will look like a raccoon when I'm finished.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    what ever makes a person happy. i say "WORK IT GIRL" with or with out being dolled up your still a sexy goddess busting dat *kitten* and doing your thing
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually workout after work, so I have make up on. I'm like most people, I don't notice if someone is wearing makeup.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If I go in the morning I don't put make up on but after work I don't take the time to take it off, I just workout.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    if it's on already and you're going, then why the hell not. especially if you wear it all the time. now if you get all dolled up to go to the gym, that seems kinda silly to me just because you will shower right after, but even then dress however you want or wear whatever you want. you're there for you, not other people. if anything i just wouldn't want the sweat getting all gross and my pores getting clogged and gross, but if you have the mineral kind it may breath a little better
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily put makeup on and THEN go the gym, but I often work out at night when I get home from work and will still have my makeup on from the day. I don't think it is strange to see other women with or without makeup, sometimes we either don't wear it or maybe didn't feel like taking it off to go to the gym.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup when I go to the gym. It's just all gonna sweat off anyway. :smile:
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Don't usually wear to much as get my swole on but defo wear high heels that's for sure
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I believe women should always look their best.. Nothing looks more trashy then woman sloggin through walmart in a pair of sweats, uggs, and her husbnds tee shirt.... Put some effort into yourself and your husband won't have as much of a reason to be looking elsewhere....

I get up and immediately put my makeup on.... It doesn't take 5 mins to slip on a normal shirt and a pair of jeans..It may even take less effort then riffling around in your husbands closet to raid his over sized clothing....

I see nothing wrong with women wearing makeup to the gym...Now I do find it sad when she doesn't wear waterproof mascara and she's got coon eyes...bless her heart, she tried....

You are suggesting that a lack of "effort" in clothing choices gives someone's husband a justifiable reason to "to be looking elsewhere"?

Judging others for not wearing make up or not dressing in a way that you approve is just as bad as judging them for wearing make up. I don't need your warped view of what a woman should be wearing or putting on her face to feel good about myself.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I really don't care, I think it's the label that comes with the "makeup wearers". Like I remember in undergrad when I went to the campus gym, there was this group of girls I saw almost every time. They were in full makeup, and hair was done all elaborately, and they were in all the latest and cutest workout clothes. They would go sit on a mat and stretch literally for like 30 minutes, and I'd barely even call it stretching. They were pretty much man hunting. And I hate when women do that, and I hate it when men do it too. I know I shouldn't pay attention to it, but I people watch and I tend to get mean in my own little head when I'm tired on the ellyptical lol. But if a woman with full on makeup is working hard, then I couldn't care less. And girls who put on makeup just for the gym I just get confused because I wouldn't want to waste my makeup because all that sweat... and you can't wipe your face on your shirt... :/
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Never even thought about this one- but I rarely wear anything other than a little clinique powder and a brush of mascara. And if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone around you (not really sure how it could actually), go for it!!!

I am super sensitive to smells though and I personally find it hard to work out near someone who hasn't washed their gym clothes or has a ton of perfume/cologne on. Those two items are really basic etiquette and/or hygiene for any gym setting.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I believe women should always look their best.. Nothing looks more trashy then woman sloggin through walmart in a pair of sweats, uggs, and her husbnds tee shirt.... Put some effort into yourself and your husband won't have as much of a reason to be looking elsewhere....

I get up and immediately put my makeup on.... It doesn't take 5 mins to slip on a normal shirt and a pair of jeans..It may even take less effort then riffling around in your husbands closet to raid his over sized clothing....

I see nothing wrong with women wearing makeup to the gym...Now I do find it sad when she doesn't wear waterproof mascara and she's got coon eyes...bless her heart, she tried....

You are suggesting that a lack of "effort" in clothing choices gives someone's husband a justifiable reason to "to be looking elsewhere"?

Judging others for not wearing make up or not dressing in a way that you approve is just as bad as judging them for wearing make up. I don't need your warped view of what a woman should be wearing or putting on her face to feel good about myself.

...You just set the women's movement back like 50 years. Sigh.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options

wow how does standing on that soap box feel?
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup hardly ever so definitely don't wear it to the gym. But, if someone does, guess what, it doesn't affect my workout so I'm not going to get butt hurt about it.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever wear make up anyway. I'm a Sweet Adeline, and I have to wear very heavy stage make up, including false eyelashes for our performances and competitions, so at all other times I'm like "Hell, no!" But, that said, I never really worry about what other people look like. I have much more of a problem with loads of cologne.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put on make-up specifically for the gym, but if I am going to the gym after work I am certainly not going to bother taking it off either.
  • bodyafterbaby4
    bodyafterbaby4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If it is already on before I go to the gym, I leave it on. I will not put it on just to go to the gym and then right back home. I'm not there to impress anyone and it seems wasteful since you just go home and shower and it all comes right off.
  • midnight333
    Options
    I've never really worn makeup. I feel very noticeable in public if I have it on. Because I'm uncomfortable wearing it. So I could go without just fine. I didn't even have any on for my wedding. :smile:
  • DynamitePink
    DynamitePink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do wear make-up to the gym and sometimes I don't. It depends on the time of day. Morning no makeup, afternoons makeup. It really doesn't matter because I'm there to train.