The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. You have no idea how great it makes me feel to hear this. I have this endeavor to conquer the obesity problem in this country. With simple, honest truths and honesty and no more fad diets. I went about it all wrong for years when almost like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....I had the answer with me all along. My own brain and body were the answers. Eating right and exercise. Treating your body with respect. That is the answer. Paying attention to how foods affect you. That is the answer.

I need to get my website/blog up and running. So stumped with what to call it! haha! I know it will jump out at me at some point.

:flowerforyou:
    Tam
  • dmhat6278
    dmhat6278 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your great information!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jdsgigi
    jdsgigi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your sucess! Thank you for such an uplifting and informative post!!!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    bump
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great - love that it's so realistic THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Let me know when your blog/website is up - would love to follow you. thanks
  • bj450
    bj450 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you"r post it has helped me to stay on track. I know if you can do it there is a way I can Do It. Thanks again and congratulations.
  • yepitsmel
    Options
    Thank you for blessing us with your post!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!
  • drj1955
    drj1955 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You're very welcome everyone!! :)
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Basically, it's a trial and error deal. Everyone is different. You need to figure out the right combo of food and exercise that will work for YOUR body. But give yourself that time to experiment a bit and find out. And realize that you don't have to starve and suffer to do this.

I have only been on this site for 6 weeks but I had the above figured out before I started this process. It is very easy, however, to read the many posts on here -- all the various diets and schemes and calculations that folks employ -- and see how people are struggling to make what works for others work for them. It isn't about finding some magic formula! It's about finding what works for YOU and makes YOU a healthier and happier person. You obviously found the right formula for your life and your body -- and it is one that is realistic and healthy and not about extremes and bizarre practices. I shake my head daily popping around the forums reading the stuff people come up with -- the confusion and the misinformation....So I am glad I came across this post and someone who is realistic and grounded and makes sense.

Thank you for confirming my beliefs that it's about doing what is right for me -- not doing what everyone else is doing!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Great post Tam
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks! will read later.
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    amazing post!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Bump I don't want to lose this. Thanks for sharing.
  • kelelaanne
    kelelaanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    WONDERFUL post....thank you very much for this great read!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Basically, it's a trial and error deal. Everyone is different. You need to figure out the right combo of food and exercise that will work for YOUR body. But give yourself that time to experiment a bit and find out. And realize that you don't have to starve and suffer to do this.

I have only been on this site for 6 weeks but I had the above figured out before I started this process. It is very easy, however, to read the many posts on here -- all the various diets and schemes and calculations that folks employ -- and see how people are struggling to make what works for others work for them. It isn't about finding some magic formula! It's about finding what works for YOU and makes YOU a healthier and happier person. You obviously found the right formula for your life and your body -- and it is one that is realistic and healthy and not about extremes and bizarre practices. I shake my head daily popping around the forums reading the stuff people come up with -- the confusion and the misinformation....So I am glad I came across this post and someone who is realistic and grounded and makes sense.

Thank you for confirming my beliefs that it's about doing what is right for me -- not doing what everyone else is doing!

You're so welcome! I love that other people feel the confidence they deserve to feel with this. To be able to know they can find the formula for their own bodies. And understanding that what works for one person might not work for another is so very important.

Best of luck!! I know you'll succeed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!