Any 40 somethings out there???

Options

Replies

• mlf70
    mlf70 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just joined this January. I'm 42...43 in May. Feel free to add me as well. It's always great to share words of encouragement on this journey. Already lost 50 lbs last year, but looking for support to get rid of these last stubborn 20 lbs.
  • iforgotmypassword
    Options
    Just turned 44 this month, started here 3 days ago and started Insanity 6 days ago.. Want to be in best shape of my life by 45..!! Two years ago I was 264 lb and did P90x twice and got to 180 lbs, then in last 11 months put 30 lbs back on . So new goal is 170lbs and an awesome 2013....
  • jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will be 47 in March. I think I have you all beat in the age thing (lucky me!). No problem, if ya need a friend. Let me know. Good luck
    on your journey.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 42 married with two kids. My first goal is to lose 50lbs and then another 30lbs + on top of that. I'm in it for the long haul. Feel free to add me if you want :smile:
  • slawson091
    Options
    I am older than 40 but I will encourage you anytime and hope for the same in return. We are all in this together
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just turned 48 last week. About 70 to lose.
  • treesa101
    Options
    I am 47 spend everyday taking care of me and would love to have lots of mfp friends
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    43 here, I'm in the best shape of my life!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    43. My goal is to complete a Tough Mudder Challenge in eight months. I have faith in all of you to reach your goal, you wouldn't be here if you didn't have the will. Anybody that might need of a some extra support, feel free to add me. Lets do this together!
  • pjfarm
    pjfarm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 42 too and will be 43 in April. I have between 30-40 lbs. to lose. I have been creeping up, 5 lbs or so a year since I was 30. unfortunately In my mind I am still a size 8 not the 16 I really am. I have also lost and gained the last 10 pounds in the last two years. I would really like to have a healthier diet and have my wieght fit my 5'3" frame a bit more naturally. I just started the MFP this past week with my first weight in coming Monday morning. . Nice to meet you!! Please feel free to call me PJ
  • kskallen
    kskallen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    42 going on 43 here.....goal is to lose 85.....just finishing up week 1. Long way to go. Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel,
    I'm a 49-year-old guy in Tasmania and I'm attempting to lose about 20kg (40lb).
    I started using my fitness pal after I started implementing a healthier diet and exercise regime.
    Last week I rejoined the gym after a four year break.
    And I am making progress towards my goal. Having said that, I was so delighted when I did my weekly weigh in last Friday I was a but naughty with my diet.
    Feel free to friend me if you wish.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 43 and needing to lose 30 pounds. I am starting 30the day shred tomorrow and motivated to keeping this healthy lifestyle.
  • momacc68
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 45 in March. I have quite a bit more weight to lose than you. I'd like to lose at least 100. I've been big all of my life and for once, I'd like to know how it feels to be a little smaller. I'm married and have 2 girls, ages 17 and 14. My family loves to eat, especially my husband, he's a meat and taters kind of guy. I find it hard to cook for them when I'm trying to lose weight. I would love for you to add me, I need all the help I can get! Good luck to everyone!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and this is my year!!!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I am 43 and need to get my sass back!!. I have a lot to lose so always looking for encouragement and also want to encourage others. So add me if you like :)
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. Please feel free to add me!
  • Gabbyh_0530
    Gabbyh_0530 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Will be turning 40 this May! Trying to make a lifestyle change regarding my eating and exercise - tired of the yo yo diets.
  • Reneelorenc
    Reneelorenc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! 43. Please add me too! We need all the support we can get right?
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and looking to lose about 50-60lbs. Log every day and try to make an encouraging post on each of my friends' pages daily. Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you on.