PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I work in a bar/ nice restaurant and it drives me nuts when people come in in pjs or sweats. Walmart, cool...McDonald's, whatever, post office whatever....I can't do it but to go into a nice sit down restaurant wearing pjs is wrong....honestly I see it as disrespectful to both the establishment and the other patrons.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I think people need to get dressed before they go in public.

Example: your looking for a job and you were at the store at your pajamas and guess what you have an interview Monday.. Well guess who's behind you in the grocery store buying milk, your potential employer..well, you don't know you go in for the interview and he/she recognizes you from the store..because you were wearing pajamas and that potential boss would be like that's not how i want my company represented. If she's to lazy to get dressed to go to the store she might be to lazy to get up and come to work looking professional or appropriately dressed..

You never know who you might run into.. Now I'm not saying get dolled up to go too the, store, I'm saying, get dressed.. Jeans tshirts.. Even workout clothes is better than pajamas,if worn properly.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    utuh! lol... I wouldn't!
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would never do this. Sure it is comfortable. There is a time and place for PJ's. Not public attire.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times before. Usually when I'm not feeling well & have been in bed all day or something & end up having to run to the store because I ran out of meds or juice or needed something quick to eat. PJ pants & a jacket. It's not like it's an ideal way to go out, but usually at that point I didn't even want to go out in the first place & it would just be for 5 minutes or something.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I hate to see PJs in public but it's a very regular thing over here in Australia:grumble:

I sleep naked so it's not an issue with me, I have got to get dressed before I leave the house :blushing: I'm not inflicting my nightwear on anyone!!!:laugh:
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

#2 - Dressing well is not about trying to impress other people. It's about having a sense of pride in yourself. If you don't think how you present yourself speaks volumes about who you are, you're living in denial.

Intelligence, success, sense of humor, strength and compassion = sense of pride

Jeans, suits, makeup, high heels, sweaters =/= sense of pride

I work from home. I don't have to dress up for work so I don't.Not every person is so vain about their appearance. *gasp* I don't wear makeup everyday. My husband thinks I'm beautiful without it. I don't give a darn what other people think.

Side note: Wearing PJs does not mean you didn't shower. Some people take a shower in the evening due to limited time in the morning.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have worn PJ's in public from time to time....

If I am home for the night, and realize I need to run to the corner store for a bag of milk, I am going in my PJ's

In fact, I even wore them to work last Wednesday, lol - just the bottoms, I wear a uniform shirt.....

Meh, it happens....I do not do it everyday, but once and a while, it just makes life easier.....who cares!

Wait .. whats a bag of milk?

Milk.....in a bag....in three bags actually....it's a Canadian thing :wink:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER wear pjs in public. Once you do, you've said "that's it, I've given up".

It's not hard to invest a little effort, people.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    NO PJ'S in public!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Wait .. whats a bag of milk?

You didn't have these bad boys in elementary? tumblr_m6xe4mpHAx1qzbqw1o1_500.jpg
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Total white trash in my opinion!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Stereotyping: a tool for simple minds to approximate the complexity of the real world.

That made me chuckle as it was stereotyping those who stereotype. :drinker:

Tough crowd.
    Good, someone likes irony. :drinker:

Be sure to tip your waitress.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'd wear them in public. who cares?
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I see people at my work all the time in pj's. I really don't understand it. I find it kinda gross and very slobby. No adult man or woman should ever go out in public in spongebob squarepants pants.
  • AmandaLynn101103
    AmandaLynn101103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think its completely unacceptable, really clothing is not that hard to put on! Nothing simpler than jeans and a t-shirt only takes two minutes to get dressed and little to no thought. Unless your house has caught on fire and you ran out in your pajamas and are at the store to buy some new clothes to wear then there is no reason to be roaming around in public in them. On a similar note I must stress....leggings are NOT pants. If your top does not fully cover your bottom than you require more than a pair of leggings. Nothing worse than the I am going to bend over in my leggins and now they are stuck between my butt cheeks so you can watch my *kitten* as I walk around clueless, uck! I feel there needs to be a public service announcement about these things, when did this become acceptable by any standards?
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Haha.

I'm a teacher and I can't wear pajamas out and about even on PAJAMA DAY!!
    My kindergarten students always ask why I didn't wear my pj's to school on such a special and cozy day and I just tell them that my pj's are old and nobody would want to see me in them.
    Some teachers DO wear their pj's to school on PJ DAY... even the principal does.... but I just can't.

I was at a pizza place near San Diego a few weeks ago and in walked a customer to pick up her phone order... you guessed it... in her pj's!! The guys working were very professional with her, but, the minute she left they started rolling their eyes and asking each other wth that was all about? Hearing this, I said to them, "I think she just came from Wal-Mart." LMAO.

People don't realize that others snicker and poke fun of them BEHIND THEIR BACKS. Of course not in front of them. At least people still TRY to APPEAR kind, caring, and accepting.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Haha I am just too old-fashioned I guess - I might lay around the house all day in my PJs, but I seriously feel like a guilty piece of trash walking out to the mailbox at 3 pm in my PJs!! I have once or twice run out at 5 am in my robe & PJs to get creamer for the coffee... but NOT to the store - I went to my office which was vacant and in an unpopulated at that hour business district to get my creamer LOL!!!

I know a lot of teens & younger folks think it's cool or at least acceptable to walk around in PJs these days... but I saw one of our teens at church in her PJs the other day and it bugged me so much... I know this girl has clothes. It wasn't youth sleepover night. No one else was in their PJs. They were obviously PJs. That bugged me as much as the girls who come to church practically wearing lingerie, and the guys with their pants hanging below their tushes. There are some places that just command the respect of putting clothes on. (Now my church IS casual, jeans and shorts etc are perfectly acceptable at any service... I just think "cover up the junk or goodies" and "not pajamas" should be understood by all..... But please forgive me for being at all judgemental about this!!)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If I ever wore sweatpants/pj pants, it was because my jeans were too tight and uncomfortable. Get off your a$$es and move so you fit into your real clothes.
    I recently bought a pair of Hanes sweatpants to workout in at the gym but they are too tight. I guess I bought the wrong kind.. I'll go to Walmart later and get a pair of Tweetybird or smiley face fleece pj pants, put them on in the bathroom and finish my shopping. At least I'll fit in with the other people of walmart. Now that song is stuck in my head..
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    After I was in a train crash I wore pj pants 24/7 because my knee was too swollen to get my jeans on and the brace stayed up better on the pj fabric. if I'm running to the grocery store really quick or running to go pick someone up and I'm already in my PJs I dont bother changing as long as my PJ's are appropriate for the weather and not lingerie type stuff.