Question for Atheists.

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.

:D I hear some of them are also still arguing about who shot first.

Han shot first. Case closed.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    No but I got my first pervy message this week. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me.
    Actually I had a friend ask me if we could stay friends if they continued to make religious posts. I don't care but I thought it was really nice to ask me.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Actually, for those who are saying that Christians should keep their beliefs to themselves, it is actually a part of our belief system to share our faith with others. To keep it to ourselves is to be disobedient to God. However, that being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. When we are sharing our beliefs with an individual who is CLEARLY not open to hearing about it, we are told to back off of the talk and share by our walk instead. There is no need to even tell them they are being prayed for...they couldn't care less. It's enough that God and I know they are being prayed for.

Well stated. No one cares what you know until they know that you care. (Cheesy cliche?)
  • Burgertogo
    Burgertogo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to pray for me ? That would be silly.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

My pastor once preached "Some of you who are christian need to stop telling others that you are. You are doing more to destroy the kingdom of God than build it up." He was talking about people who condemned others rather than loving on them and building them up. Jesus quote paraphrased "How can you tell him he has a speck in his eye when you have a plank?" Enough said.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Actually, for those who are saying that Christians should keep their beliefs to themselves, it is actually a part of our belief system to share our faith with others. To keep it to ourselves is to be disobedient to God. However, that being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. When we are sharing our beliefs with an individual who is CLEARLY not open to hearing about it, we are told to back off of the talk and share by our walk instead. There is no need to even tell them they are being prayed for...they couldn't care less. It's enough that God and I know they are being prayed for.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.
    We need this on a t-shirt.

i'd buy it
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I want to curse everyone on my FB page who posts their religious crap

Better yet, why don't YOU delete them and get off THEIR FB?

I concur with Patti...

As a Christian myself, I work to not shove my faith down people's throat. But there are times where I feel the need to express my beliefs to my friends and family and I should be allowed to do that without fear of retribution from those that don't believe the same way as I do... it is just as disrespectful to "curse" someone for their beliefs as it is to shove beliefs down the throat of those that don't.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Why do Christians eat pork?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    A message to any believers that may ever meet the God, if you meet it put in a good word for me. K thx bye.
  • Burgertogo
    Burgertogo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why do Christians eat pork?
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options

:D I hear some of them are also still arguing about who shot first.

Han shot first. Case closed.

Obviously Han shot first. Screw Greedo. He had it coming.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I was polite about it, told her I wasn't interested, and then she started throwing her bibles and crucifixes at me.

Does she have memes that actually "throw bibles and crucifixes" at you? Just curious how that was done via a PM.

Sort of off topic... but I taught one of my bosses how to give a high five through email.
  • lizzybethclaire
    Options
    As a server my favorite is the Sunday crowd that sometimes leaves a pamphlet about coming to Jesus instead of a tip after being a demanding prick and racking up a large bill. Yeah, that'll make me go to church.

But to answer your question, I haven't gotten that on here but then I don't think I've been terribly vocal about it here either. There's a lot more arguments over on my horse forum.

lol, my pastor has actually preached against doing this. He told us stiffing someone on a tip is not a good way to start a dialogue.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sort of off topic... but I taught one of my bosses how to give a high five through email.

Teach me! Maybe we can figure out how to throw bibles, too.
  • lizzybethclaire
    Options
    A message to any believers that may ever meet the God, if you meet it put in a good word for me. K thx bye.

um, I need someone to put in a good word for me. Your pic made me have some not very christian thoughts inappropriate for a happily married christian woman :blushing:
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Well said!! The "Turn or Burn" mentality pushes people away. "Be Doers of the Word and not hearers only" Much more is caught than taught!
  • myers0machine
    Options
    In life my friend people wherever is to do with god or drugs they will try there best to force it on you, there for making them feel more comfortable it's like when you go to a party and you show up with all the lads it's a great time buzzing around etc but turning up to the party by you self it's different probably not the best example haha but hope you understand but then again I could say you are trying to get more people on your side so to speak therefore meaning you will feel more comfortable and feel like its okay and fine another example 10years ago being gay was seen as being ill now it's seen as normal

If I kill a fox it's seen and know as being sick if I get a group following me and enough numbers its seen as a sport

The government do it all the time if they want to so something they will but of course they make out it was the mass whom choose it like Iraq they wanted in but couldn't just go in as we would loss respect so the government cause a Problem to get a Reaction then come up with there Solution

You can do any thing in this world you want you just need to convince enough people that what your doing is rite so cause a problem see the reaction and come up with your solution which is what you want to do simple

And say goes to people who believe or the ones who don't the more people follow one the more it wil feel natural and will fell right

I put it to you tho where does one learn morals right and wrong you may say parents then where do they etc etc then you may say teachers or pays them the government so who teaches you mortals well the government are tryin there best but we are born with that In build may come from god may not but they are trying to convince us what we feel naturally is wrong and before you no it are trapped

Think outside the box then turn the box inside out and get back in I say :)

Shows to me if you don't believe in god then don't but why feel the need to share your thoughts could come across as your trying to convince others your right to make you feel happier and as for people that do they share there thoughts due to it saying to do so in the book they call the bible
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options

A religion that requires you to go and recruit others is a cult in my book.

You shouldn't even start that conversation with a total stranger, only someone who you have known for some reasonable time. Friends can talk to each other about whatever, but you should not be targeting people you've just met, it's doing your religion a lot more harm than good believe you me...
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Teach me! Maybe we can figure out how to throw bibles, too.

It involved Andy Samberg and a Snow Leopard.
This discussion has been closed.