Most hurtful comments

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• CynthiaMarie36
    Options
    Let it slide off your shoulders. People like that are stupid and tend to be hateful to others. He was a jerk and you know it. :flowerforyou:
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    My dear this is the part of life where you need tobe fast and just say "Fawk Off" and walk away .... #just Saying thats just me
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    My dear this is the part of life where you need tobe fast and just say "Fawk Off" and walk away .... #just Saying thats just me
    Dont ever let one person have that much power over you, if you know ur trying to loose wight and you know your doing good then that is all you need to know and who cares what anyone says or get some snappy come backs and ask "why were u watching my plates? what you like chubby chicks? you want me?" TOTALLY WORKS I SWEAR - tun it on them and make them uncomfortable
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Is it possible the well dressed oinker was a well dressed snorter? I've heard people make some pretty crass and rude noises when clearing their sinus in public. Just this week a lady at a restaurant was doing it and it's pretty gross at dinner, but I must say another guy was doing it on the treadmill next to me and it was just so loud and so distracting...not to him of course since he had his little earbuds in but I was working out with a buddy and wanted to hear her conversation not his sinus contents. I didn't tell the lady because she was overweight and I felt that she might think I was being mean to her for being fat, instead of that I was being mean to her for being gross with her nose. Honestly if it takes more than 3 attempts to clear it's time to excuse yourself and go take care of matters elsewhere, bathroom, outside anywhere out of earshot.

Which brings me to my next point. Is is possible the man had no idea you have this strange habit/practice albeit saintly it's strange to take food home to strays? Is it possible he was mad because taking food from buffets is usually not allowed? It's bad form, like kind of in bad taste. If you order off the menu and take a doggy bag and give it to whomever you want but at buffets and the like, it's not really the thing to do. Further is is possible he was worried assuming it was for you that you'd end up sick eating meat later instead of just coming down to eat again when hungry again? 3 plates isn't a lot and I've noticed people getting up multiple times at those things up to 7 just to try different things, or not mix foods on one plate, not be piggish, that's not a big deal. I think the weird part would be if I saw someone after having unlimited reign over a buffet, feel the strange need to take food home. That's what raises eyebrows. How could he know you do this feeding thing with strays? Try not to take things so personal, and the only person it will benefit is you.

The other day the car scraped leaving a driveway with my husband. When I said ouch, he said it didn't do that earlier before you were in the car. I gave him a sideways glance and he said "i didn't mean it like that", I just meant that this driveway is steep but it can handle one adult and one kid, if you went through without me it'd be ok too, just not us both together. He was informing me so if I needed to go that way again, without him, it's ok. But since I am self conscious about my weight I am looking for other people to be hyper conscious of it too. But they are not. Most people are so self involved, busy, stressed, motivated, etc. to care about our little issues which here seem so big but are really just a drop in the bucket. Try not to take other peoples sinus troubles or buffet economy issues to heart. I may be wrong, but when given the option don't try to think of the worst possible explanation it'll make YOU feel better, and that's why I'm writing this.

Thanks for the different perspective. I am positive that the man "oinked" - certainly not a sinus thing (which by the way totally grosses me out too). But, you are right about the buffet, it is odd to feed strays, and not what someone would presume I am doing with a purse full-o-meat, but regardless, it really isn't any of his business.

Again, thanks for the fresh take - I should not automatically go to the negative place that makes me think people are out to get/hurt/upset me. You are right and I thank you - Lisa
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    there is actually a kid at the gym who oinks all the time. apparently he has a case of tourettes.
  • melissawaters
    melissawaters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    don't even waste your time thinking about them, they are *kitten*.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I had lost about 30 lbs and was in a size 12 dress and felt pretty good.
    I then started dating a new guy and we were like 6 weeks in and I hadnt met his friends yet. We were driving home from a wedding I had invited him to where he met practically everyone I know, and I asked him what we should do now since the night was young, he said his friends were at a bar down the street so we COULD meet up with them, but he said he was afraid that I wouldnt fit in their standards of girls his group dated. I said "how so?" thinking it was because I have a few tattoos or something, he said it was because of my weight problem. WOW! Floored me!! Some people are so clueless.
  • fluffypetal
    Options
    Hiya,

I think it's terribly sad that a fellow "human being" can make you feel like this.

You are far better than them as they have a real personality problem and at least we can lose our weight :-)

Chin up and don't let the idiots get you down.

Annie xxx
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    I come from an overweight family, so...thankfully, I haven't been subjected to rude comments from them...they all understand what I'm going through. And if people have made comments behind my back, I guess I've learned to tune them out...because I haven't heard them...thank God.
    But, you know what floors me is that people think that this is 'acceptable' behavior. That if you're overweight you must have some sort of character flaw. It can't be that maybe you've had medical issues, or some other outside factor. 'You're lazy and eat too much therefore it gives me the right to be a rude *kitten*****. ' It infuriates me that people behave this way...
  • amymwhitfield
    amymwhitfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with hurtful comments from children? I have babysat for a wonderful family for about seven years & their youngest son still makes fun of my weight. He did it when he was younger but I disregarded it because of his age. I did discuss it with his mom because I didn't want him making fun of others at school. It did hurt my feelings but didn't want to be petty about it. This morning, on the way to getting breakfast, he made another hurtful remark, ugh! He & his friend were whispering & laughing and I said, hey, what's so funny? His friend got really quiet but eventually told me that "J" had said, "what a fatty!"
    I just thanked his friend for being honest with me & told "J" that we would be talking to his parents when they got home this afternoon.
    Am I being petty? At what point do I keep putting up with this crap? I know he's just a kid but geez he's ten years old. He should start knowing better by now! I guess I'm just so sensitive because I've struggled with my weight for so long.
    Thank you in advance!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to talk to J about appropriate versus inappropriate behavior and how rude remarks about the wrong person in the wrong place could end up very badly. People get shot for less!
  • erinclifton823
    Options
    Amymwhitfield,

If his parents haven't stopped him from doing this inappropriate behavior than maybe you shouldn't babysit for them anymore. It doesn't sound like they respect you enough to speak with their children and teach them that everyone is different and that's what makes us special. If they are doing it to you, than chances are the children are doing it at school. I have a ten year old daughter and I have made this point to her many times, if I even catch her staring at someone for a long time. Society isn't what is on t.v., but what is surrounding us everyday!

Stay strong and be proud of who you are. Obviously a patient babysitter!:wink:
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Please take pride in knowing that you're not an awful person like the one making rude and hateful comments.
  • lindabf1979
    lindabf1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i know someone close to me that talk like this and believe me he was getting a slap and an argument every time he would say something like that... so mean.....he hasn't been saying it in a while.... oh yes he got old.... and he now has to loose 20 pounds to be healthy weight now!!!! see they are not better then anyone, dont let them get you down, it's probably because no one love them due to their stupid attitude that they act out! like toddlers
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with hurtful comments from children? I have babysat for a wonderful family for about seven years & their youngest son still makes fun of my weight. He did it when he was younger but I disregarded it because of his age. I did discuss it with his mom because I didn't want him making fun of others at school. It did hurt my feelings but didn't want to be petty about it. This morning, on the way to getting breakfast, he made another hurtful remark, ugh! He & his friend were whispering & laughing and I said, hey, what's so funny? His friend got really quiet but eventually told me that "J" had said, "what a fatty!"
    I just thanked his friend for being honest with me & told "J" that we would be talking to his parents when they got home this afternoon.
    Am I being petty? At what point do I keep putting up with this crap? I know he's just a kid but geez he's ten years old. He should start knowing better by now! I guess I'm just so sensitive because I've struggled with my weight for so long.
    Thank you in advance!!

next time he and his friend are over ask "J" if he has figured out why he keeps pissing the bed every night? ask if it could be because he plays with barbies and wears his mothers makeup from time to time?
  • amymwhitfield
    amymwhitfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your funny & helpful comments! I have thought about not sitting anymore but I'm so close to the parents. They're like a second set of parents (around my mom's age, late 40s) & the mom has done so much for me. I did talk with the mom about it & she was pretty upset that he said that. She's always been one of my biggest cheerleaders when it comes to my weight loss. I was honest and told her it hurt my feelings because this is the third time he's done it. She was very apologetic and said that he would definitely be punished.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Thank you in advance!!

next time he and his friend are over ask "J" if he has figured out why he keeps pissing the bed every night? ask if it could be because he plays with barbies and wears his mothers makeup from time to time?

^^^This is hilarious!!!!! Love it!!!! Amy, I don't think you're being petty at all!!! I think sometimes kids can be most hurtful, even more so than adults! IDK why, but it is to me. I would definately say something to the Mother! Look at all of these comments we've posted! If noone tells this kid how wrong it is what he's doing now, he will grow up to be one of these a@#holes who did this stuff to us! I'm sure you didn't see my post on here from earlier, but as I said, I was about 10yo when two boys, about 15yo, threw a huge rock at the back of my neck. It was about half the size of a brick. They had no reason for doing it. I did not know them, and had never seen them before, let alone do anything to them to tick them off. I guess they just didn't like me because I was fat, or didn't look "cool" enough to them. Someone should make him stop and teach him how to be respectful of other people and their feelings.....or you could just do what that guy said! I think both would be effective. Bahahahaha! Lol.