Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• nichtvollschlank
    Options
    A lot of these weight loss comments are sad because of the side of human nature they show. Some people feel that if *you* feel good about your weight loss, or if they say something nice to you about how you look, it somehow diminishes them. And so they say "you look to thin" (when you don't, they just want you to stop and be bigger) or "You're flat chested!" (how can I say something mean but act like I'm throwing a compliment at her). Just sad. really. Come on, humans, you're better than that. All together: "Wow you look great!" How hard was that?? :smile:
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A lot of these weight loss comments are sad because of the side of human nature they show. Some people feel that if *you* feel good about your weight loss, or if they say something nice to you about how you look, it somehow diminishes them. And so they say "you look to thin" (when you don't, they just want you to stop and be bigger) or "You're flat chested!" (how can I say something mean but act like I'm throwing a compliment at her). Just sad. really. Come on, humans, you're better than that. All together: "Wow you look great!" How hard was that?? :smile:

Fully Agree!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    The comment I recieved was even your hair is prettier. The same cut and style 45 pounds heavier. Really

Maybe your face shape changed and it was more flattering?
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A coworker just notices I've lost weight about two weeks ago and ever since then every time he sees me, he says " if you lose any more you're going to blow away." I just smile or laugh and tell him that's my plan.

Ha Ha, that is what I tell people also and add on that I'll be so excited when it happens. I'll laugh and they usually laugh with me.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    A couple of decades ago from a friend: "you're losing all your womanly curves!"
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just love dipping in and out if these responses, I have laughed out loud, shouted rude comments about some of the more insensitive comments but above all been staggered by just how much we have collectively lost.

Had another one last night st school governors meeting when the clerk told me I had 18 months left to serve then said "pointless trying to shrink your way out"!

Keep them coming, I love it!

:flowerforyou:
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight previously, I had someone say "you don't want to lose too much weight...you'll start to look sick!".

The one I loved was when one particular person didn't say anything to me about my weight(loss)...that's when I knew I lost weight and looked good! Every time I would visit my family she would always comment with things like "oh you sure are eating good up North", "you are getting big", etc etc. So I kind of anticipate those comments. But the time she didn't say ANYthing about my weight...I knew it was because I was losing and it was noticable! Loved it! But of course now I've gained it back so I hear the comments again. Not for long though!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    almost wasn't allowed into another country, lost 35lbs from my passport pic

I'm kinda worried about my driver's license. It shows me 100 lbs heavier! It is up for renewal late in the summer and I hope to be at my goal weight by then, I still have 25 more pounds to go.. I plan of taking a picture of it, just to prove to people how much I weighted and lost. :happy:
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My favorite is still "Are you okay??? Have you been ill?"

Then after I told her I did this on purpose with diet and very hard work, she said "Oh, okay....... Are you SURE you're okay?"

LOL! People kill me.
  • jmwaterman20
    Options
    I hadn't seen one of my coworkers in a couple months and I walked in and he said you are shrinking! I didn't know what he meant (because i have been losing weight for 6 months now and it didn't really click) and I said, well I don't know about getting shorter, maybe your just getting taller. LOL so embarrassing.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The comment I recieved was even your hair is prettier. The same cut and style 45 pounds heavier. Really

This has happened to my mom and I both. I think it has to do with how weight loss affects the shape of the face, thus affecting how the same cut can look different, even though it is not :)
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get good ones and bad ones. The best come from ppl I haven't seen for years...Wow! you look amazing! And ppl at my gym....April you look great! You are truly inspiring! Love when those comments come from thin ppl that were never over weight :)
    The worst come from family..if you get any smaller your gonna be a stick! No on realizes how hard we have worked for this!

Family comments are definitely the hardest, the best I've gotten so far is a look of huh, then, "you look more comfortable in your clothes" But coworkers and good friends are the best and always have lots of props for me, so I've learned to ignore the embedded judgment families have because of the image they have in their head of how they think I should be, not how I am!
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    That hurt! Did you ask the trainer to go to...?

I *wish* I'd said "You were way hotter before you started talking!" :laugh: but in real life I just looked shocked and said "Really?!"

:flowerforyou: I like you bunches.
  • PlainOldElizaJane
    Options
    I've only lost 45 lbs from my highest weight.. most of which I lost when I was in Florida for 2 years. Now that I've moved back to my home town, I approach people I went to school with/worked with/were friends with, and they don't recognize me.

I went to visit my own aunt at her house and she stood on her front porch and angrily yelled, "Can I help you?!" and then she quickly apologized when I said, "Aunt Linda?"

"Oh my goodness, I didn't even recognize you!"
  • JaimieAG
    Options
    Some of these are great.

In high school I was 185lbs, I dropped to 135lbs after I graduated. When I went back home I got a myriad of funny feedback. Everything from "does your school not have a cafeteria?" to "dang freshman 15 didn't apply to you huh?" One lady accused me of being on finfin & another thought I had a parasite. My mom thought I had cancer.

To their credit the first time I lost weight I was ONLY counting calories. Didn't care about the quality of calories, didn't exercise, didn't spent much time outdoors and was a typical stressed out sleep deprived college student/waitress. 135 is still a healthy weight for my height but I probably looked a little pale and worn out.

Now people just say leery things like "Okay..... you look good but just don't get sickly skinny like you were that one time." XD. Yes, mother.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda worried about my driver's license. It shows me 100 lbs heavier! It is up for renewal late in the summer and I hope to be at my goal weight by then, I still have 25 more pounds to go.. I plan of taking a picture of it, just to prove to people how much I weighted and lost. :happy:
    [/quote]

My driver's license actually says I'm 150lbs, haven't been that weight in 10 years. The last time I got it renewed, the guy asked, "do you want to make any changes?", he didn't mention the weight, but it was obvious that's want he meant. I said no. Yesterday I had to pull out my license for something and noticed that my face is slimmer than the picture. Fortunately our licenses are renewed every 6 years and its not up for renewal for another 2 years, so definitely plan on being a lot closer to my license weight by the time I renew it.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my sister said she was the "fat sister" again. I guess that we keep trading for that spot.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    OMG...you are getting so skinny...to which I am sure they are all smoking crack since I *still* have about 70 to lose.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have a main office that I work at most of the time, and two other offices in two other towns that I'm only at occasionally. I hadn't been to the Rio Rancho office since early November (a bit unusual because I used to be there at least once every week or two). I don't have to go through the security point as I have a pass to get in through a private door. As I was walking down the hall to my office and started to put my key in the door, the door down the hall burst open with 3 of our security personnel coming quickly at me ...they were almost all the way to me (with my eyes bugging out) and they slowed up and the lead security said, "holy ****...Mr. Wolf, that you?" I was just glad they realized before slamming me to the ground. They saw me approaching my office on the security monitors and didn't recognize me without my fat suit on...or much less of a fat suit anyways.

Lmao
    What a story to tell. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen my boss in months, due to being on night shift, during which I pretty much work alone. Saw him in December for the first time since August and he choked on his coffee and said "You're on that **** aren't you?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!