Afterlife: Is There Life After Death?

Options

Replies

• bear6970
    Options
    I think there is. I've watched heaps of Near-Death Experience (NDE's) Video's and I can't see how they'd all be wrong.
    Check out this site. It's has videos and books etc. http://whatslifeafterdeath.com
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope not. I get bored just trying to fill this life with stuff to do. I don't need an eternity.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    No when it's over that's it one ride at the fun fare so try and make it a good one
  • peterzion
    Options
    I think it is a matter of belief, faith, and experience. Science can't answer this question.
    I believe we exist(ed) one way or another after death and before birth.
  • silentnemesis
    silentnemesis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Psychedelics may just be a 'waste of time' or just 'another high', but after trying DMT (which is a chemical naturally released during REM sleep, causing you to experience a dream), theres DEFINITELY more planes of existence than the physical plane that we all currently inhabit. Or at least different dimensions of time.

also after reading and experiencing the tibitan book of the dead, I am almost 100% sure (personally, obviously) that there is an existence after your biological body is no longer functioning....

Am I crazy? Maybe. Am I delusional? Could be. But if you want to try an experiment of your own (without illicit drugs anyhow), look up or borrow a book on astral projection, its when you trick your physical body into believing its asleep-- while your conscious mind is awake. The result (if you are able to experience it yourself), is your mind is actually separated from your body, and you experience a type of -energy' surrounding your existence, and you essentially have a new body made of 'energy' or similar to a fluid like substance, as well as experiencing complete unity or one ness with your environment...

Nah, I must've fried my brain from my previous endeavors.. Hahaha

On the scientific side of things, on a quantum level, particles of energy will actually change their behavior when they are being watched.. it's called the double slit experiment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    NO
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nope, we are just a virus with legs, we exist to reproduce and colonise and that is it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Depends on who died. Some peoples deaths are worth partying for!:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Afterlife: Is There Life After Death?

Let the debate begin :)
    Has anyone returned from the "Afterlife"?

Until then, no.
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    AMEN
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Depends on who died. Some peoples deaths are worth partying for!:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^^^ Great answer.....made me smile anyway!!!
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    There is something I know there is...spirutally, something carries over from someone that died....how can a 4 year old believe (my nephew) he was a grave digger in a town we'd never been to before & accurately describe the layout of the church & grounds before we got there & them become increasingly agitated when he saw his 'work shed' and a part of the cemetary had gone to ruin. It's not like he googled it before we went as it was a spur of the moment thing.

Why these things happen or for what purpose I don't know, maybe the essence or spirit of a person lingers....hence ghosts?
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Absolutely!! And where you spend it is the biggest choice of your life.

100% this.
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    +1
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Not an afterlife in its traditional sense. More like going "home"!

Life on earth is just a flash in a pan, that is why we should not take it too serious and have fun with it :-)

Cheers!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Not an afterlife in its traditional sense. More like going "home"!

Life on earth is just a flash in a pan, that is why we should not take it too serious and have fun with it :-)

Cheers!
    i dont see what u mean?
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Gonna get hated for this I'm sure, but don't believe in God however do believe our own spirits live on after our bodies die. Have experienced a few things not too
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure... I'd like to believe that there is... Gives me hope that i'll see my mom again... She died 6 months ago

Sorry to hear that hun x
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it is eternal! We are spiritual beings living in temporary physical world, not other way around. After body dies our spirit goes to eternity and we got two choices - heaven or hell. Don't be fooled, just because you don't understand it or can't touch it, it does not mean that it does not exist. Can you touch the wind or stars? I have seen God move as clear as I have seen wind move or stars shine. Those who believe but have not seen God are even more blessed then those who have (like me). Here it is from the mouth of God in John 20:20 "Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump for when I have time to read
This discussion has been closed.