Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options
It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways it cannot determine the difference between an emergency stressful situation or a positive stressful situation so cestrol releases and cause you to be hungry when you may not be. Anyway here are a few things that can help lose fat/belly fat naurally without having to diet, take pills, or count calories even though I will still count my calories.

1. NO concintrated juices
2. NO processed foods.
3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
4. NO whole wheat bread
5. NO bread(in general), pasta and other "comfort foods".
6. NO high carb meals.
7. NO apple pie, cakes, muffins, pizza.
8. EAT nutrient dense foods.
9. DRINK green tea. (Donot waste calories on a drink)
10. NO proccessed soy(soy milk, tofu, soy protein).
11. EAT snap peas, green beans, and other legumes.
12. NO genetically modified foods.
13. NO energy gars.
14. NO soda/soft drinks, sports drinks or other sugary drinks.
15. NO canned soups
16. NO microwaveable popcorn (old fashioned air popped is okay)
17. NO foods labeld diet, or fat free.

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    ...yeah. I think I'd rather count calories. Restrictions like these are why diets don't work; there is so much that you can't do and so much maintenance. I mean, no bread? No noodles?

No offense. I mean, if it works for you, that is excellent. I don't think I could go without having a (diet) red bull now and then, or a sandwich or some mac n cheese. Portion-controlled, of course.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    There is no way I'd be stress free while trying to abide by all those restrictions
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    the stress hormone is Cortisol.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm not into the word "no" ...

Everything in moderation has worked for me so far so I think I'll stick with that.

Thanks for sharing though ;)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    But I like Energy "Gars" :laugh:
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    There sure are a lot of NO's in your post :ohwell:
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I call BS unless I see multiple peer reviewed scientific journals.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    But I like Energy "Gars" :laugh:

Lol love those!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I think you are talking about the body's fight or flight response to stress. In the wild it helped us get away from bears and lions and stuff but not our stress is not life threatening (like bears) but more first world problems. Our hormones don't know the difference and respond the same by releasing cortisol. My old professor in physiological psych is on of the lead researchers on a team studying the effects of cortisol on PTSD as well as weight managment. That drumg "Cortaslim" or whatever is based on this hormone. The hormone gets a bad rap though because it is vital to our bodies, just not when we are stressed about a paper/exam/work....etc.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    13. NO energy gars.

:huh:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about adrenaline?

Anyway, hard to take you seriously when you don't even know the name of the "natural fat burner." Nice try, though.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are cutting a lot of carbs out of the diet. I know for a fact, the second you come off the low carb train, you put it all back on. Maybe I didn't read it correctly, but like most people have said, I would rather just stay under my macro's and watch my calories and ENJOY what I eat.

Best of luck to ya!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm on the right track then, cuz I match your little list except for #6. I'm a carb girl all the way. Most of the stuff on the list I have to do because I have a digestive disorder that limits the stuff I can eat - especially processed garbage. It's a pain in the butt, but it really is healthy. The problem is, most people could not realistically stick to it, so I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have super-discipline. I can only do it because I get SICK if I don't!!! Otherwise, forget it. :sick:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    ......This is pretty much ridiculous. All of it.

I got to the body I have now, and I'm pretty sure I ate/did ALL of the things OP said should be "forbidden" in the past year. Including eating carbs, pasta, and copious amounts of pizza. No, I do not have a "faster metabolism" or am "just lucky". I stick to the suggested portions of all food, and eat anything I want if it fits into my goals. It really is that simple. Don't overcomplicate what is really a pretty simple concept, OP. If you have questions, I would be happy to share what I know if you'd like to PM me.
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Adhering to a diet like that would make me suicidal! No diet soda?!

I think I'd rather remain a bit unhealthy. :)
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Too many NO's and not enough YES's! You can lose weight without all those NO's, and abiding by them is no guarantee that you will, unless you count calories and exercise enough to burn more than you consume. That's the bottom line. There is no way that NOT eating certain things is going to make your body burn fat. If you eat healthy most of the time and eat a wide variety of whole, natural foods, and most of all burn more than you eat, you will lose weight eventually. It's hard work, but it's worth it to not feel deprived, and actually enjoy life - including food.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yeah... no... I think I'll stick to doing most of what you say not to. It's worked pretty well for me so far.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try after I move to that monastery in Tibet, or Tahiti (if there is a monastery there). Oh, and I'd have to give up all holidays and family visits due to stress and junk foods. Or the stress of having to resist junk foods while with family who are stressing me out. :ohwell:
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    There's too many NO's in that for me.

So NO thank you :)