• DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    £39.99 diamond membership at Virgin Active
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    10 bucks per month, 1 dollar start-up for membership
    about 60 bucks every 2 months for protein/pre-workout supp.
    10-15 dollars every 4 months for creatine.
  • peanutkel7
    Options
    $21 and change a month. I had $0 enrollment and just a fee so it was $48 to join including the first month.

As for supplements, mine seem to last quite some time, bc i dont use protein everyday, so on average $50 every 2 months or so
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    $17.99 for access to all their clubs. I mostly go to the one that's literally 5 minutes away from me but occasionally use the 24 hour ones and full access only $3.00 more than the single access membership. They have classes etc but I never use that stuff. After I've reached my weight goal I'm considering giving up the gym. For cardio I'm running now so I only go three times a week to lift. It probably depends on if I'm happy with what I see or if I want to do some building up. Right now I just do a simple full body and I could probably do that at home.

As far as supplements I'd say about $20ish a month plus a few bucks for peanut butter and instant coffee (mixers). Sometimes the brands I alternate between are on buy one get one half off too so I stock up when I see that.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    $21.27 a month
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    $99 for the entire year, no added fees.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Too much. If it weren't for the indoor pool, I'd drop it and stick to my work's gym. In fact, I might do that anyway.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    $49 per month. it's the going rate where i live for a gym with a pool. one year contract.
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My gym is a 24 hour express gym, $25/month. I paid 2 years upfront worked out to $17/month. I just started buying protein shakes and mix, don't even want to know what that will work out to every month, yikes.

Oh forgot to add my insurance company reimburses us $200 a year if we go at least 2-3 days a week so pretty much covers it.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    55.00 monthly for a family membership (but you do have to sign up for automatic draft to get that price), including all classes (Zumba, weight training, aerobics, step, yoga). It is a partially subsidized health and fitness center paired with a Rehabilitation Clinic and After hours clinic, so senior citizens and those on fixed incomes get a break on the cost, and those of us who aren't pay full price, which compared to a lot of membership prices I see on here isn't bad at all. I love it, and I love that those who are usually too financially disadvantaged are able to utilize it to get or stay healthy. They also sponsor free classes on dietary management of health problems and free health screenings.
    Including money spent on dietary supplements and fitness gear, I probably average around 30.00 or so a month. I buy all my supplements online which is way cheaper, and buy a good pair of running shoes/clothes every six months or so.
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I paid ~$500 for my gym, but I built it at home, both me and my wife use it so I guess $250 each.

Pretty sure it has everything that I would use at a commercial gym (treadmill, step machine, 2 bikes, bench(which doubles as a squat rack) , 1 long and 2 short bars, about 120kg of free weights, dumbbell bars and 'girly' dumbbells and a weight machine which includes a overhead bar, chest press, legs, seated row bar.), punching bag, step, and a yoga mat.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    $175 plus taxes (works out to close to $200) a month for my gym. I live in a big city, and this gym is located at the heart of the financial district where I work, so prime real estate. State of the art, high end, top of the line gym. Expensive, but to me, worth every single penny.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym last week $10 a month sign up fee $1, includes weights, Aerobic machines, steamroom & sauna, can upgrade to $29 a month, which includes free all classes, basketball,squash,volleyball,paddleball, racquetball, tanning. Open 24hrs a day
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I pay $100 a month for crossfit box and $24 for my gym. $20 every other month for protein supplements when I don't eat enough in my normal diet and creatine supplement.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I pay in massages, about 4 massages per month currently.
  • FitzyMax
    FitzyMax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky I get mine free through my work - I'm a teacher and get to use the school gym after school and evenings and weekends and holidays. We have a pool too so can even have a swim, saves me a fortune!
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    $80/month, 1 month free when I pre-pay for the year. It's quite a bit of money but I go all the time and feel like it's worth the expense. I got to stop taking blood pressure and cholesterol medication as a result so there's a couple of co-pays I no longer have to pay. :)

I don't buy supplements but eating healthy in general is more expensive.
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    Oh yeah, and now that I'm running in various races and mud races I'm spending about $500 this year on entrance fees.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    $37/month for my gym membership
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I pay $75/month for my climbing gym -- but work pays half of my fitness costs, so yay. I also pay for a volleyball league that runs around $60 per season.