Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Get told all the time to stop losing weight or I will "fade away into nothing"....seriously? I'm still 30lbs overweight!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My college friend said, "You have so much air around you now!"
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I get told I'm going to look like a man and get too bulky. Lol.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ok I have the official end-all-be-all in weird comments about my weight loss.....

Last night my husband had some of his guy friends over to hang out and watch movies, etc.. A very close friend of ours pulled me aside and very delicately.. but clearly asked me if the reason I was working to lose all this weight was so I could "trade up" and leave my husband. I calmly said no, of course not and told him I wasn't upset by his question but.. wow. What a question, right??

Anyone else looking to "trade up?" *shakes her head*
  • Sako316
    Sako316 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol.. my funniest moment was from this girl who didnt like me... Id lost a lot of weight and bumped into her and with a look of sheer disappointment she said ... you lost a lot of weight.

Then I gained it back later. Not this time. :-)
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The strangest comment was when I had lost some weight ( which I gained back and then some) , this random guy came up to me at my bank parking lot and told me I looked perfect and not to lose anymore weight. I still have no clue as to who he was. =/
  • savbentley
    Options
    I've gotten a ton of "woah.. you got hot"

I never know how to react to that one LOL.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Have you been sick? I thought you stopped eating cuz, your bf left you. So, you do eat? You lost about 50lbs right? You never had a stomach but, wow ur looking good now! You're too skinny, You look like ur dying. LOL. ( I'm not even done losing and I'm like 159lbs not skinny at all.)
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You're starting to look better.:huh: I didn't recall being sick.lol
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The receptionist on one of the offices I frequently go to for work (cute girl in her early) said to me while I waited for a client that my pants have been getting very packagey since I lost all this weight. I don't blush easy but she sure got me beet red that day.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Had one lady at church tell me "You don't need to lose anymore weight. You're too thin now. Well, you're dating insertnamehere, right? Ok, you can lose more. That way you'll be the right size after you start having babies."

For the most part, though, I just get told that my face looks different. Um, thanks?
  • nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    That hurt! Did you ask the trainer to go to...?

Some people don't know what to say and should therefore say nothing...that guy was totally out of line. I had a lady at church tell me not to lose too much or I would disappear...sometimes people clearly don't understand the struggle that comes from trying to lose weight, the struggle and the psychological effects their words have...Great job on your weight loss and keeping your cool...
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The comment I recieved was even your hair is prettier. The same cut and style 45 pounds heavier. Really

Perhaps your hair looks healthier? That can happen with better eating :)

The main people who've notice and mentioned my loss are the waitstaff at a restaurant my bf and I frequent. They're inspired by us :-)
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Recently, a friend said I reminded him of a few years ago...that was nice.

When I gained weight after starting to date my bf, he'd asked if I had started cooking again. Years before, he'd been losing weight until I started sharing my food with him. He was horrified when I reminded him he'd asked that.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    My MIL said "I'm so glad you finally decided to try to drop that weight".

After which she apologized profusely and turned bright red. :blushing:
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    "You're too skinny! You're going to waste away!"
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have a main office that I work at most of the time, and two other offices in two other towns that I'm only at occasionally. I hadn't been to the Rio Rancho office since early November (a bit unusual because I used to be there at least once every week or two). I don't have to go through the security point as I have a pass to get in through a private door. As I was walking down the hall to my office and started to put my key in the door, the door down the hall burst open with 3 of our security personnel coming quickly at me ...they were almost all the way to me (with my eyes bugging out) and they slowed up and the lead security said, "holy ****...Mr. Wolf, that you?" I was just glad they realized before slamming me to the ground. They saw me approaching my office on the security monitors and didn't recognize me without my fat suit on...or much less of a fat suit anyways.

That is a hell of an NSV:laugh:
  • ahallen83
    ahallen83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Comments I liked:
    "Whoa ... what have you been doing? Fighting people? You look fierce girl!" - From my step-dad
    "We were talking about this the other day, and you are hands down the healthiest person who works here. I wish I could do what you do." - from my cute little gymnast girlfriends at work

Comments I haven't liked:
    *starts squeezing my waist* "Ooo! looks how small you've gotten in here! Bye bye flabbies!" - my sister
    "You're starting to look normal! Like, come here *walks into my bathroom and stands in front of the mirror* Look at your leg and look at my leg. You're almost like me!" -same sister (uhhh, I wasn't comparing myself to anyone in this, actually... thanks)

Comments that have made me want to FALCON PUNCH:
    "Omigawd you look so skinny! Good for you! Your tits are like... gone, though. Are you depressed about that?" - one of my girlfriends (ahem - I'm still a D cup madam. Have not been seeing her much anymore after this)
    "Wow ... when you go off your diet you REALLY go off your diet." *My older, morbibly obese sister when I went for seconds at Thanksgiving. Pardon me, ma'am, but I've lost 108 pounds since my highest weight, thank you. If I want more turkey, I have earned it.

"
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got one today from my aunt while showing my progress pictures. Yea, I can tell...your boobs arn't sagging as much, but you really should do more crunches and sit ups....Gee thanks? My stomach is where I hold the most weight, of course it is where it is going to come off the slowest... 1) I do crunches and other ab workouts with my 30DS workout, 2) You cannot spot reduce anyway... -.-...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!