Starvation mode is not a myth - WARNING!!!

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Also, in the UK these are Long John's

I wouldn't like to consider what a 'filled' long john would be!

Hey, that's what I thought they were too, and I'm not in the UK!

Yeah, me too. So what is this Long John thing that you eat? Is it a type of pastry or donut?
    ETA: Oh, I see the pic above. Looks diabolical. :devil:
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick two giant turkey legs on the chest press. Each time I bring the weights back, I can take a bite.

Steak on a rope on the treadmill, perhaps?

Yard long pepperoni sticks would solve the treadmill dilema
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This just in from Spark People

what_to_eat_after_work_out.jpg

Spark People live longer lmao
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't even eat RIGHT after my workout. I eat maybe 1 or 2 hours later...and that's doing fasted training on top of not eating right away! So I am going HOURS without food.

Still..I haven't died yet. Still..my muscle hasn't disappeared.

In fact...I am making all kinds of GAINZ!!!!!!!!!!!

ok,, going to gym now. Haven''t eaten for about 12 hours. I hope I don't fall out and my muscle start to shrivel away since I probably won't eat till about..NOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.

Just Choked on my coffee!!!! :)
  • greasygriddle
    greasygriddle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.

Just Choked on my coffee!!!! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    bagels between sets, marvelous idea- do they have chocolate philly to go on top??//
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I always KNEW I was doing it right when I brought a turkey dinner on the treadmill!

Those hard workouts on the treadmill doing 2.5 miles per hour in a 1.5 incline really get me hungry.
  • Juggernoobs
    Options
    KFC Big Daddy! That's what my body's made of haha.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is true people. There are people dropping every minute as they have been either fasting or waiting too long to eat after a workout. You must eat during your workout to avoid this unfortunate condition. I would recommend taking a 3 course meal into the weights room with you. Starter following your warm up, main course mid workout and some cake following your cool down. Too many people are suffering and further pain must be avoided at all costs.

One gym has decided to set up a food stall next to the squat rack following the death of 3 starvation mode athletes in the last 8 days. Hungry athletes were tucking into chicken curries, pastas and bagels between sets.

Be careful people don't say I didn't warn you!!!

:)

Another expert heard from..... :huh: I think you should truly look into what starvation mode is.... and this isn't it. Waiting too long to eat and getting light headed (and even passing out) has more to do with low blood sugar levels. True starvation mode does exist but what you're describing isn't that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I always do my push ups down to a protein bar and take a bite before pushing back up! I don't want to go into starvation mode!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is true people. There are people dropping every minute as they have been either fasting or waiting too long to eat after a workout. You must eat during your workout to avoid this unfortunate condition. I would recommend taking a 3 course meal into the weights room with you. Starter following your warm up, main course mid workout and some cake following your cool down. Too many people are suffering and further pain must be avoided at all costs.

One gym has decided to set up a food stall next to the squat rack following the death of 3 starvation mode athletes in the last 8 days. Hungry athletes were tucking into chicken curries, pastas and bagels between sets.

Another expert heard from..... :huh: I think you should truly look into what starvation mode is.... and this isn't it. Waiting too long to eat and getting light headed (and even passing out) has more to do with low blood sugar levels. True starvation mode does exist but what you're describing isn't that.

When is your sense of humor coming back from vacay?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

During cardio nutrition is key!

And what exactly is the problem there? Apart from the fact that I didn't think of doing it!

The only thing I see wrong is, that she is on a recumbent bike...
  • sniker_doodles
    Options
    its a tardis!!!! ok im done
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat 800 calories a day and get more ripped?
    Yeah, that's the way to do it for sure! I think there's a thread for that....... "800 calories and I'm RIPPED!"
  • falcon367
    Options
    I always opt for a buffet post workout just in case ... one can never be too careful! Pass the mash tators and gravy please ..... :o
  • jwalworth
    jwalworth Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I nearly reported this post. Medium well??? How dare you sir. :noway:
  • linddavis
    Options
    I'm going to find a way to use "tucking in" every day from now on.

me too, love that!

and I cant remember the last time I ate a Krispy Kreme which is just sad... :sad: