Tall girls who wear High Heels!!! ( Guys Opinion Needed)

Options

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Tall girls wearing high heels....

GUYS OPINIONS NEVER NEEDED!!!!

Oh and I would add an "IDGAF" gif, but I'm at work.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My fiance is my exact height. And while he likes PICTURES of me in heels, if we'e together he hates it.

Already promised I'd wear flats at our wedding.
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd hope they were more entranced by the tall drink of water on their arm than self conscious about their own height...and if they really are there's nothing stopping them from getting platform shoes! Pretty sure Dog the Bounty Hunter wears them. : P

Grrrr, its snide comment like "tall drink of water" that made my 12 yr old sob her heart out hysterically wanting to stop growing, Ditto at 13 plus demanding to go to the doctor to stop her growing. Still going on about it at 14 at 5ft 11. At 15 and still growing she wont admit that she is a 6 footer.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Tall girls wearing high heels....

GUYS OPINIONS NEVER NEEDED!!!!

Oh and I would add an "IDGAF" gif, but I'm at work.

YES! Totally this. If you can rock 'em, wear 'em. My husband is taller than me (he's 6'), but some of my heels put me about 2" taller than him. I like them, I wear them.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are the same height, so when she wears heels she's taller than I. She looks smokin' hot and I just think it makes me look better by proxy.

Good man. My husband says the same,,pretty much. He is just an inch or so taller than me, so some some shoes make us the same some make me taller, which made me feel uncomfortable at first, but he seemed pleased.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'd hope they were more entranced by the tall drink of water on their arm than self conscious about their own height...and if they really are there's nothing stopping them from getting platform shoes! Pretty sure Dog the Bounty Hunter wears them. : P

Grrrr, its snide comment like "tall drink of water" that made my 12 yr old sob her heart out hysterically wanting to stop growing, Ditto at 13 plus demanding to go to the doctor to stop her growing. Still going on about it at 14 at 5ft 11. At 15 and still growing she wont admit that she is a 6 footer.

Are you tall as well, or is she the only girl in the family tall?

I got a helluva lot of taunting about my height when I was growing up, but the one thing that made it all ok was that my mom primed me for being proud of my height. She was constantly telling me how great it was to be tall, how I'd be tall like her and my dad, how a tall woman should stand tall and walk proud... She did this on purpose WELL before I started growing (And I grew 8 " in about 4 months)

I am doing the same thing with my two girls...
    ages 5 and 7 - currently 4' and 4'5"

one thing I know... no matter whether you are tall, short, or average - kids are going to find ways to make you unhappy about yourself. Good luck - tall can be painfully awkward sometimes!
  • fuzzydave1
    Options
    I'm sure there are some that are, just like women. Wear what you want to wear. If someone doesn't like it, then that's their problem.
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    Not self conscious - scared :)

Actually, it's never mattered much to me - I never thought much about it with the girls I dated that were taller than I am/was.
  • jotero0406
    Options

I got a helluva lot of taunting about my height when I was growing up, but the one thing that made it all ok was that my mom primed me for being proud of my height. She was constantly telling me how great it was to be tall, how I'd be tall like her and my dad, how a tall woman should stand tall and walk proud... She did this on purpose WELL before I started growing (And I grew 8 " in about 4 months)

one thing I know... no matter whether you are tall, short, or average - kids are going to find ways to make you unhappy about yourself. Good luck - tall can be painfully awkward sometimes!

^^^^ YES!!!!!
    I'm only 5'6" myself but I'm the shortest in my family. My "little" sister is 6 feet tall and as proud as can be about how tall she is. So proud in fact that she got a giraffe tattooed to the back of her neck :wink:
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Im 5'8 and hubby 5'11 but he is the shortest in his family. His great grandad was 6'8; my dad was 6'1. Unfortunately she has always been loads taller than everyone around. I wish that I had prepared her more. I have always told her how great it is to be tall but here best friends have always been small. Her 2 BFFs are just 5' and 5'6. The boys in her school still havent hit that leap in growth.

I keep trying to point out positive things a bout tall peeps and pointing out really tall attractive guys and gals. But peeps are thoughtless like the above and dont realise it can be a real issue for adolescents.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

This. I'm almost 6' 1" and the only thing that really made it better was that my dad (who's 6' 8") was always really proud of my height. I was roughly 6 ft upon entering high school so I know how it feels to be tall at that age. It was even worse for me because I take after my dad's height and my mom's curves. I've always been broad shouldered and busty with child bearing hips. I stand out.

My sister, who's actually 5'10" used to want to be 6 ft so badly. It was her goal before she got all the "guys don't like girls who are taller" bs. Keep telling her how special her height makes her.

I actually want to recommend a book. It's called "The Tall Book". It's written by a 6'3" (I think) woman and it's an absolutely fantastic perspective on height. I would have really benefited from reading it during adolescence.

Tell her how beautiful and unique she is. Have her meet other tall women. Show her that it doesn't mean she'll be dateless forever (most of my boyfriends have been shorter than me actually). It's really important because I have a few friends who are super tall and have very low self-esteem because of it. They won't date shorter men and think that they're too tall to be pretty. You need to make sure she knows how gorgeous she is.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If the shoes make you feel great, wear them! I've found a lot of people will respond to your confidence quicker than making a remark about your height. I'm 5'8" without heels and I've never heard a derogatory remark if I wear them out.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my bf is 5'6". It really doesnt bother him when I wear my heels, even my 5" ones. I say rock them if it doesn't bother your guy, and if it does still wear them and tell him to get over it. :happy:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am 6'4"...I go crazy for a tall woman in heels. A tall woman in heels who stands up straight and is proud of being tall.

I'm showing this post to my 19yo daughter. She's 6' and slouches and squats in every picture because she hates being so much taller than her friends. drives me nuts!

I'm 5'10", hubby is 6'4" so I wear heels with no issues. I cared more about it when I was younger... always felt like a giant compared to all my friends.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and when I wear heels I look normal, I say go on wit' cho tall self" lol.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    All woman should wear high heels regardless of their height. Period!!

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!
  • NicholasJon32
    Options
    In my experience high heels are problematic. I am 5ft 7", and I have no issues with how tall or short a woman is. Not at all.

What I do find as a turn off is a woman who wears high heels to go dancing and then complains when her feet become sore and blister. I have no problem providing foot rubs and plasters but I think correct footwear for the right occasions would be awesome.

Ladies complain if a man wheres a suit and trainers, and you wouldnt see shorts and smart shoes. So I think kinky heels for the bedroom and dance shoes for the club would make any man happy.

Just a thought. :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    In my experience high heels are problematic. I am 5ft 7", and I have no issues with how tall or short a woman is. Not at all.

What I do find as a turn off is a woman who wears high heels to go dancing and then complains when her feet become sore and blister. I have no problem providing foot rubs and plasters but I think correct footwear for the right occasions would be awesome.

Ladies complain if a man wheres a suit and trainers, and you wouldnt see shorts and smart shoes. So I think kinky heels for the bedroom and dance shoes for the club would make any man happy.

Just a thought. :)

I will rock a 4" wedge sandal or spike heel at the club in a heartbeat... and worst case if my feet are hurting, I'll take off my shoes (and scrub my feet like crazy at home) lol
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Not a tall guy either at 5'8 but I love myself a tall woman with heels on...something to conquer...
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2". The closer in height the better....