Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tall girls who wear High Heels!!! ( Guys Opinion Needed)

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    I'm 5ft 9" and often wear heels for a night out, I always get guys shorter than me chatting me up. My husband is an inch shorter than me, he loves me being taller.

ETA: no matter how uncomfortable my heels may get I WILL NOT take them off and go barefoot, really so uncouth.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    I'm 5'7" and feel self-conscious in even 2" heels. I feel like I look like a Sasquatch stomping around the room that everyone looks at. And I don't really like when I'm in a group shot with girls who are all 5'1"-5'4" and I'm towering over them like some big Amazon woman lol. I don't want to be short, but I just don't like sticking out like a sore thumb!

I feel more normal around my tall girl friends, or when my short friends wear shoes that make them my height!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I'm 5'7" and feel self-conscious in even 2" heels. I feel like I look like a Sasquatch stomping around the room that everyone looks at. And I don't really like when I'm in a group shot with girls who are all 5'1"-5'4" and I'm towering over them like some big Amazon woman lol. I don't want to be short, but I just don't like sticking out like a sore thumb!

I feel more normal around my tall girl friends, or when my short friends wear shoes that make them my height!

I have come to realize a few things:
    - nothing stands out more than a tall chick crouching to try and blend in
    - I will never EVER blend into a crowd... EVER... E V E R!!!
    - If I'm going to STAND out in a crowd... I might as well make a statement
    - a lot more shorter women would kill for my height
    - men are either going to hate it, love it, or not give a crap. Me wearing heels or not, is not going to change anything.

So... I wear heels, walk with purpose (and long strides), wear short skirts, and laugh about how the hem on my skirts is at the same height as a number of my friends waists...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I'm 5ft 9" and often wear heels for a night out, I always get guys shorter than me chatting me up. My husband is an inch shorter than me, he loves me being taller.

ETA: no matter how uncomfortable my heels may get I WILL NOT take them off and go barefoot, really so uncouth.

un·couth
    Adjective

(of a person or their appearance or behavior) Lacking good manners, refinement, or grace.
    (esp. of art or language) Lacking sophistication or delicacy.

it's only uncouth if you're the only one doing it...
    :drinker:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I'm 5'6" and I wear tall shoes every time I dress up. They make me like 5'10' but I don't care! lol

Tall African American Males: Please apply! :wink: hahahahaha
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm 5'2" (not tall). I don't wear heels (although they look good) just because I have had orthopedic and knee issues and I am a dancer. I do wear a wedge heel (not too high). Most of the time I wear hiking sneakers.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    And for some reason, I have ALL tiny friends....So I basically look like a giant standing with them....But its all good! :drinker:
  • I'm 5'9 and I wear heels when I go out. Guys shouldn't feel intimidated by a tall woman & if they do, that is very much their problem. I wouldn't stop wearing heels for a guy, never did, never will. I'm proud of my height & my legs & I love standing out vs. blending in.
  • I've never heard a guy or girl complain when I'm in heels.

Unless it's the "I wish I were as tall as you..." thing.

I'm 5'8 and I rock at least three inch heels.
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Aw it makes me sad to think that young girls are self conscious and wish they would stop growing. I'm 6'3" and I love being tall. :) I wish I could give these girls a pep talk. I feel really lucky to be so tall and I get a lot of positive attention from it. I have a 10 year old daughter and she wants to be 6' tall. <3

However, no I won't wear heels. I'm not just tall, I'm extremely tall! I stick to TOMS, ballet flats, sandals, flip flops and Uggs. The closest thing is cowboy boots when I go to the rodeo every year but even that is a little much for me. I wore them with a short dress so I would still feel girly. :)
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    I'm also 5'9 and I like to wear heels/wedges. I use to feel self conscious when I was with my ex boyfriend (and I know he was a little insecure as well) because we were the same height. I would wear mostly flats or very low heels when I was with him and then when I'm not with him, I would wear taller heels. However, some places we would go I use to think flats were so inappropriate to wear but I wore flats because I can tell he use to try to make himself appear taller than me by trying to stand on his tippy toes.

I always wear heels when appropriate (mainly weekends) and I sometimes feel like I completely stand out, but I guess the older I get (and the more weight I lose lol) I feel better about my height. Once I went out with a few friends out to dinner, wore really high heels, and a few guys (probably 5'7 and shorter) actually complimented me on my height (probably 6 feet at this point in heels) and one even told me he was comfortable with his height (probably 5'5/5'6ish) and asked me for my phone number! I was pretty shocked!
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    im 6'6 and i love when girls wear heels ! ...mamasitas !!
  • ^^^^^ LOL
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    I'm 6'4'' ish...I like tall girls...i like heels on girls...put them together...I'm all smiles... WEAR HEELS.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I am a bit over 5-9" and I wouldn't mind a taller girl in heels.
    My wife is 5" shorter and her heels are so high, she is reaching me anyway.
  • Im 6ft n i do wear heels, i think u should love your self . If your tall or short its doesn't matter because we're all special and unique.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    HMMMM....lets see.... you make your boobs eye height....

I dont see any issues

I wouldn't be able to see anything....
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    At 6' 1" I've never really had to think about it. My best guess is since heels always make a woman's legs look great I would not worry about it. My two cents worth.
  • Luckyshan89
    Luckyshan89 Posts: 24 Member
    Great post!! I have always dated guys that were 6’0 (which is my height) or taller and still felt uncomfortable wearing heels on a date.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am 5' 11" and always felt self conscious.

These boots are the first heel I have purchased EVER...i was being Catwoman for Halloween and needed shoes.

I am probably 6'2 in them...at least...but they are beautiful and i love them.

Untitled_zps380de52b.jpg

YEP!! Definitely hot, couldn't see the pic the other day for some reason! :wink: