Pregnancy 2010 - May

Options

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    My birthy plan was all natural, laboring in the tub, music...use tennis ball..bounce on exercise ball...walk it out...

Got none of that.
    Instead it was an amniofusion, stuck to the bed, pitocin, epidural...than csection:(>....

Hopefully when I have another baby I get to have what I want.
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    I had a natural pitocin induction! I was induced at 39 weeks because doctors though my baby would be large because of GD. I did not want the epi (I'm more scared of it than the contractions). The contractions I had hurt. BAD. I asked for the epi, but my contractions kicked up and were coming non stop every 25 - 30 seconds, I sped through transition and then got to pushing. From the start of the first contraction to delievery it was 3 hours and 35 minutes. Not bad for a FTM! Being stuck to the bed sucked for having to deal with the contractions and having to be monitored didn't help either. In the end I'm so glad the epi didn't work out. My recovery was so easy and it was nice to be able to move right afterwards. Getting up to go pee was the best thing ever! I totally reccomend natural, though if you choose the epi, I don't blame you one bit, the contractions are not pleasant at all! :)

On the next baby (whenever that happens) I plan on going natural as well, except I'd like to skip the induction. Though if I got it, then it's not the end of the world. I know I can do it!

I just started the group this week, so I have no weight in information :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I’m down 2 and ½ pounds from last week!!!! :bigsmile: I started a new workout routine last week and I always see a big drop when I introduce something new. By next week I’ll probably be back to ½ - 1 pound a week.

Challenge question: I’m all for the Epi, I don’t do well with pain!!!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Oh..and I am down from 246.8 to 246.2..since friday...so :) Go me!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am down 1 lb from last week. I also started a new exercise program this week (I am trying to start running) so I am hoping to see some results by next week.

I am willing to take what ever pain killers and memory erasers they offer to me. I am absolutly terrified of the entire pregnancy, not to mention the labor portion. So epi it is!!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've gained two pounds this week! I'm 152 lbs.
    My first daughter I went natural, was in labor for 11 hours and she was 10 lbs 7 oz!. My second daughter, I was induced and because the pain came so fast and hard, I had an epidural. I hated it afterwards, I couldn't stop shaking, vominiting, and just felt awful for a few days.
    I'm not sure was going to happen with this pregnancy, I might have to get a c-section due to the fibroid in my uterus. We have to wait and see :(
  • Fawkes
    Options

I am willing to take what ever pain killers and memory erasers they offer to me. I am absolutly terrified of the entire pregnancy, not to mention the labor portion. So epi it is!!

It's really not as bad as you think! Especially if everything is "normal" nwo I can understand being scared of the what-ifs and if something goes wrong. What helped me is knowing that billions of women have done this before me and they were all OK (and they did it more than once, twice, three times!). And believe me, you won't want to erase the first moment you see your LO, it's amazing :).... now the pain, well who would want to remember that LOL, but in all honestly, it just STOPS once your little one is in your arms and you really truely forget what the contractions felt like really quickly. I also think that extra anxiety will make it worse!

Gesh I can't wait to do it all over again!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I've gained two pounds this week! I'm 152 lbs.
    My first daughter I went natural, was in labor for 11 hours and she was 10 lbs 7 oz!. My second daughter, I was induced and because the pain came so fast and hard, I had an epidural. I hated it afterwards, I couldn't stop shaking, vominiting, and just felt awful for a few days.
    I'm not sure was going to happen with this pregnancy, I might have to get a c-section due to the fibroid in my uterus. We have to wait and see :(

HOLY SCHMOKES...My daughter was 9lb 14 oz....They said that because she was so big, she was having trouble coming down in to the birth canal and therefore I never dilated past a 2:(:(:(:(....My epidural went ok...I felt really weird...My bloodpressure kept dropping and that freaked my mom out....lol...Not funny than but I can laugh now....

Hope you don't have to get a csection:(
  • yankeefamily05
    Options

It's really not as bad as you think! Especially if everything is "normal" nwo I can understand being scared of the what-ifs and if something goes wrong. What helped me is knowing that billions of women have done this before me and they were all OK (and they did it more than once, twice, three times!). And believe me, you won't want to erase the first moment you see your LO, it's amazing :).... now the pain, well who would want to remember that LOL, but in all honestly, it just STOPS once your little one is in your arms and you really truely forget what the contractions felt like really quickly. I also think that extra anxiety will make it worse!

I have to admit...Natural contractions aren't as bad as pitocin induced contractions....They don't come as fast and hard.
  • Fawkes
    Options

I have to admit...Natural contractions aren't as bad as pitocin induced contractions....They don't come as fast and hard.

That's what I hear and If I can do it while on Pitocin, I definantly know I can do it naturally!!!! It's such an amazing experience "feeling" it all and being able to feel your way through pushing. I pushed when I felt I needed too and I didn't listen to the doctor at all (how would he know when I was feeling a contraction anyways???). I pushed with my contractions and stopped when it hurt too bad. That allowed me to stretch. I only ended up with a small first degree tear.
  • seventeenlucky77
    Options
    Hi ladies. I fall into the losing weight before TTC. I had my first visit with my obgyn since I had health insurance again and after 3 years of an almost non existent cycle. I was diagnosed with hypertension and PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) at 26 years old. I had been fairly heavy all my life. My doctor told me she would hold off on prescribing medication if I could lose 50lbs. After that she would do a physical and work up to see what my chances of fertility were because at 245lbs it was about a 5% chance of a successful pregnancy. This lit a fire under me and I completely changed my diet and joined the gym that day with my husband! I am really hoping that my chances of becoming pregnant will increase with my weigh loss. I have lost 15 lbs so far (5lbs prior to MFP).

More info on PCOS: http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm#a
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

That's what I hear and If I can do it while on Pitocin, I definantly know I can do it naturally!!!! It's such an amazing experience "feeling" it all and being able to feel your way through pushing. I pushed when I felt I needed too and I didn't listen to the doctor at all (how would he know when I was feeling a contraction anyways???). I pushed with my contractions and stopped when it hurt too bad. That allowed me to stretch. I only ended up with a small first degree tear.

Maybe I need to do more research on this before I make a decision. I am totally freeked out about the entire pregnancy. I am terrified of roller coasters too. I compare getting pregnant to getting on a roller coaster. Once you sit down, get strapped in and start moving (aka get pregnant), you are in it for the long haul. You will have to have the tense moments of going up the huge hills, and the completely insane monments of going down, but you cant get off until the ride is done (baby is delivered).
  • Fawkes
    Options

Maybe I need to do more research on this before I make a decision. I am totally freeked out about the entire pregnancy. I am terrified of roller coasters too. I compare getting pregnant to getting on a roller coaster. Once you sit down, get strapped in and start moving (aka get pregnant), you are in it for the long haul. You will have to have the tense moments of going up the huge hills, and the completely insane monments of going down, but you cant get off until the ride is done (baby is delivered).

Definantly do research and watch some natural births on youtube. I think they are empowering. There really isnt a better feeling than being able to do what your body was made to do. I wont lie the contractions dont feel good, they hurt. A LOT. But for me the moment i started pushing the contraction pains didnt hurt and all the pain stopped once she was in my arms.

Recovery was so easy with out medication. I even got to leave a day early!

Pregnacy is scary, its full of aches and pains and you walk around in a body that you no longer own. But the moment you can feel them kick and move inside you, you cant really imagine your life with out it. I miss those baby kicks and feeling her move and just being "connected" to her. If you ever need to chat about your fears message me :)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!

I remember being starving my first trimester, so I'd eat a lot of snacks. Fruit, cheese sticks, etc. I didn't have much of a craving for stuff, but I did want the bad stuff often. I told myself that if I ate that now, I'd have to work it off later. LOL. So I stuck with my crappy healthy food for the most part and ate junk just sometimes.

My appetite has really changed in the last few months. I'm not super hungry at all now. It's actually hard to eat the calories I'm supposed to. I have to remind myself to eat....which is probably due to me being so fricken busy.

Are you staying active? I know some women can, but some can't...I'm sure that has helped me as well.

I'm shocked when I read that you gals are doing so much exercise! I want to, but it's painful to get up and even walk! The ligament stretching is super super uncomfortable for me and gets worse with more activity. I would love to swim, but financially we can't afford it. All our money is going towards saving up for my 12 weeks maternity leave. How many of the pregnant women are experiencing the ligament stretching pain?
  • Fawkes
    Options
    Now I'm not pregnant NOW, but it was only 4 months ago :) I had horrible Round ligament pains! I also had problems with pains in my hip and pelvis. I could barely walk so I didn't do any exercise through out my pregnancy. Oh and I got bad sciatica pains as well!

It was enough exercise for me to walk to the bathroom 20 times a day (at least). LOL I didn't gain too much weight because I really watched what I ate and I ended up having to go on a gestational diabetes diet. Lots and lots of protien and hardly any carbs!

I found, for me, that taking a warm bath before work and before bed really helped the aches and pains. I also had to ask DH to help me out of bed in the middle of the night when I had to pee, my aches and pains got worse the bigger I got.

All worth it though :)
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have very painful sciatica pain. i'm going t talk to my doctor about it tomorrow. With my other pregnancy, I only had it in my last trimester. With this one it has been since my first trimester. What gives? I also got the worst charlie horse ever the other night and I couldn't even scream in pain because everybody was sleeping. I had to stuff a pillow in my mouth until it was gone. Now I'm afraid to stretch my legs in bed.
  • Fawkes
    Options
    I have very painful sciatica pain. i'm going t talk to my doctor about it tomorrow. With my other pregnancy, I only had it in my last trimester. With this one it has been since my first trimester. What gives? I also got the worst charlie horse ever the other night and I couldn't even scream in pain because everybody was sleeping. I had to stuff a pillow in my mouth until it was gone. Now I'm afraid to stretch my legs in bed.

TIP: If you have to stretch your legs always make sure your toes point up towards your head, never point them down that causes those muscles to cramp up! I alwasy did this and never got one of those darn charlie horses!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    First day of personal training (aside from Monoday when they gave me the session for free and I left ill half way through) is done. I made it to the gym at 5:45 this morning for an hour of resisitence-circuit training! I now have a program and I really hope it works!

I found out last night that my VO2 Max is 28.8, I'm 43.7% body fat, and I have 123 lbs of lean body tissue (which means I can never be that small since you have to have a certain percentage of fat on the body). So here's to improvements!!!!

Oh - still weigh 219.8 - same as last week :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!

I remember being starving my first trimester, so I'd eat a lot of snacks. Fruit, cheese sticks, etc. I didn't have much of a craving for stuff, but I did want the bad stuff often. I told myself that if I ate that now, I'd have to work it off later. LOL. So I stuck with my crappy healthy food for the most part and ate junk just sometimes.

My appetite has really changed in the last few months. I'm not super hungry at all now. It's actually hard to eat the calories I'm supposed to. I have to remind myself to eat....which is probably due to me being so fricken busy.

Are you staying active? I know some women can, but some can't...I'm sure that has helped me as well.

I'm shocked when I read that you gals are doing so much exercise! I want to, but it's painful to get up and even walk! The ligament stretching is super super uncomfortable for me and gets worse with more activity. I would love to swim, but financially we can't afford it. All our money is going towards saving up for my 12 weeks maternity leave. How many of the pregnant women are experiencing the ligament stretching pain?

I have a little pain on my right side every so often, but I rub it and it seems to subside. That sucks that you're in pain! Wish I could wave a wand and poof it would all be done. I would love the take 12 weeks off....but I'm only doing the 6-8 weeks. I have a full time gig and then and I own my own business as well. So I'm planning on doing only my business early next year. I've got to give something up unless I will go nutso! :noway:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    First day of personal training (aside from Monoday when they gave me the session for free and I left ill half way through) is done. I made it to the gym at 5:45 this morning for an hour of resisitence-circuit training! I now have a program and I really hope it works!

I found out last night that my VO2 Max is 28.8, I'm 43.7% body fat, and I have 123 lbs of lean body tissue (which means I can never be that small since you have to have a certain percentage of fat on the body). So here's to improvements!!!!

Oh - still weigh 219.8 - same as last week :)

YAY! it's nice to know where you stand and what a reasonable goal is! At least there is not pressure to get to 123lbs! that's tiny!