Pregnancy 2010 - May

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!

I remember being starving my first trimester, so I'd eat a lot of snacks. Fruit, cheese sticks, etc. I didn't have much of a craving for stuff, but I did want the bad stuff often. I told myself that if I ate that now, I'd have to work it off later. LOL. So I stuck with my crappy healthy food for the most part and ate junk just sometimes.

My appetite has really changed in the last few months. I'm not super hungry at all now. It's actually hard to eat the calories I'm supposed to. I have to remind myself to eat....which is probably due to me being so fricken busy.

Are you staying active? I know some women can, but some can't...I'm sure that has helped me as well.

I'm shocked when I read that you gals are doing so much exercise! I want to, but it's painful to get up and even walk! The ligament stretching is super super uncomfortable for me and gets worse with more activity. I would love to swim, but financially we can't afford it. All our money is going towards saving up for my 12 weeks maternity leave. How many of the pregnant women are experiencing the ligament stretching pain?

I have a little pain on my right side every so often, but I rub it and it seems to subside. That sucks that you're in pain! Wish I could wave a wand and poof it would all be done. I would love the take 12 weeks off....but I'm only doing the 6-8 weeks. I have a full time gig and then and I own my own business as well. So I'm planning on doing only my business early next year. I've got to give something up unless I will go nutso! :noway:

I hear you with the going nuts part. I have to get my school stuff done by July or August or else I am going to go crazy trying to shuffle a newborn, full times work, school and a marriage! Augh! Can you feel the baby kick yet?
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    I keep missing weigh in day just have a lot going on 1 more week and I am done with school Yay! I am currently at 165 lbs about a 1 lb gain I have been eating more, trying to eat my maintenance calories and I am hungry all the time. Thankfully that is the only symptom that I have been feeling. As far as the challenge I think I want the epi but that because I am such a woos when it comes to pain. But I may change my mind after I do some research a few of my girlfriends who have had kids went natural but they also had a good midwife to encourage them. Trying to get back to the gym this week finals and school in general have kept me away last few days.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    forgot to weight in yesterday then forgot to post it this morning haha, I'm at 168.2, I have gained 6.2lbs since being pregnant. I really need to start walking more! It's really the only exercise I can do and I haven't been doing anything! I'm "rooming" at work today which means I'm walking all day which is awesome. At lunch a coworker and I are going to walk around for 30 minutes. Idealy since it's a nice day I'd like to walk again after work. I really really really want to stay healthy during my pregnancy!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!

I remember being starving my first trimester, so I'd eat a lot of snacks. Fruit, cheese sticks, etc. I didn't have much of a craving for stuff, but I did want the bad stuff often. I told myself that if I ate that now, I'd have to work it off later. LOL. So I stuck with my crappy healthy food for the most part and ate junk just sometimes.

My appetite has really changed in the last few months. I'm not super hungry at all now. It's actually hard to eat the calories I'm supposed to. I have to remind myself to eat....which is probably due to me being so fricken busy.

Are you staying active? I know some women can, but some can't...I'm sure that has helped me as well.

I'm shocked when I read that you gals are doing so much exercise! I want to, but it's painful to get up and even walk! The ligament stretching is super super uncomfortable for me and gets worse with more activity. I would love to swim, but financially we can't afford it. All our money is going towards saving up for my 12 weeks maternity leave. How many of the pregnant women are experiencing the ligament stretching pain?

I have a little pain on my right side every so often, but I rub it and it seems to subside. That sucks that you're in pain! Wish I could wave a wand and poof it would all be done. I would love the take 12 weeks off....but I'm only doing the 6-8 weeks. I have a full time gig and then and I own my own business as well. So I'm planning on doing only my business early next year. I've got to give something up unless I will go nutso! :noway:

I hear you with the going nuts part. I have to get my school stuff done by July or August or else I am going to go crazy trying to shuffle a newborn, full times work, school and a marriage! Augh! Can you feel the baby kick yet?

Yep! I feel her move all the time now!! I first felt her kick about 20 weeks. Now I think she does Zumba in my belly during the day. It's really cool!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    like mama like daughter ;-). I started feeling Ayden move last week (which was my 20 week mark) and have felt him everyday since, some days are more often and stronger, but Randy still hasn't been able to feel it. :-( Can you feel the kicks from outside your belly?
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    like mama like daughter ;-). I started feeling Ayden move last week (which was my 20 week mark) and have felt him everyday since, some days are more often and stronger, but Randy still hasn't been able to feel it. :-( Can you feel the kicks from outside your belly?

That's funny you ask - my hubby felt her move for the first time yesterday. I've been feeling her move from the outside for about a week or so. When ever she is moving and he's around, I get him and then she stops. He laughs and says she already doesn't listen to him. :tongue:
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options

Oh how I miss these days!!!! When you start feeling the movements on the outside your husband will be SOOO excited! It's so awesome for our partners to feel it too. My one advice is, when you can finally see the movements, RECORD them! It's so fun to look back at the videos of your belly jumping around. I only have one and I'm super disapointed I didn't think of it more. But I'll cherish that one forever :)

I don't think DH started feeling the kicks until I was maybe around 25 ish weeks. I layed on my side as we were going to bed and DH was able to feel it then. Her kicks were always sorta low and that's where he felt it. At the end of my pregnancy she would bounce around like crazy in there. It was so strange to feel my whole belly move like that! DH would always be like WHOA, what is she doing in there LOL
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Fawkws, thanks for stretching legs in bed tip. i will try that next time.
    So I had my 20 weeks appointment yesterday and the scale showed 156 lbs. I freaked. That would be a 10 pound gain in their books in a month! Granted, it was at 3pm, after i had lunch and snacks. I usually weigh myself in the mornings before taking a shower. And I'm one of those people who do it everyday :bigsmile: I have two scales one in my bathroom and one in the guest bathroom. The one in my bathroom is digital. They usually stay within the same range. This morning when I got on MY scale it said 151.5 lbs. I think I'm going to trust my scale :smooched: I like it better!
    Anyway, I have my ultrasound today t 1pm. yey!!!!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options

That's funny you ask - my hubby felt her move for the first time yesterday. I've been feeling her move from the outside for about a week or so. When ever she is moving and he's around, I get him and then she stops. He laughs and says she already doesn't listen to him. :tongue:

Don't you just love howthe little buggers stop moving?...LOL...I swear they know.l
  • Fawkes
    Options
    The 20 week ultrasound is SOOOOOOOO exciting!!!! Good luck!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Same here, I can feel him a little with my hand, and he'll be consistantly kicking so I'll have Randy try to feel and he'll stop haha. I can't wait until Randy can feel it!
  • yessie75
    Options
    We're having a girl:bigsmile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    YAY!!! congrats! So exciting to find out! I can't remember, do you guys have a name picked out?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I just ready the caption on my baby-gaga count down. lmao
  • Fawkes
    Options

CONGRATS!!!! I remember going after my ultrasound and shopping for a few girl things :) It was nice not having to buy gender neutral stuff! Have fun shopping :)
  • Caliwaters25
    Options

Congratulations its so nice to know so planning is more fun. Have you got a theme picked out for your nursery?
  • yessie75
    Options
    Thanks everybody! My new baby girl is going to share a room with her two year old sister Arianna. I have tons of girl things from when Arianna was a baby. Their room is decorated with horses and fairies :flowerforyou: We went shopping for a big girl bed for Arianna today. I wanted something with drawers under it, since we have to convert the toddler bed back into a crib. The bill came out to $1,200! I know it sounds like a lot, but my husband is really inot good furniture, specially mattresses. My major project this summer is a playroom downstrairs, next to the family room. I have to get all those toys out of their room!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Just took a look at my completed course work for school, and I am now 21.7% nurse! So happy :happy:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    We went ahead and signed up for a gym membership for me, since the ligament stratching and sciatica have been so bad that the only exercise I can do right now is swimming. It's been awesome, but I'm not a very good swimmer so hoping to improve that so I get a better work out from it. :-) Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

YEAH!!!! We are too :)