Do you get a lot more attention after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    yep.. I got hit on when I was heavier too, but it was mostly men that were much older than me. Nowadays its nice to be considered attractive by someone closer in age to me :) But the older men still love me, for whatever reason haha
  • laurenc42
    laurenc42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm about 80 pounds lighter then I was right after my daughter was born. It annoys me when I get that kind of attention from people I I knew when i was heavy. I feel like they must not have any real interest in me, or it would have occurred to them before. I am the same person just a bit smaller. I do get more attention though. Most of the time it just makes me proud of what I've accomplished.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did get a lot of attention initially (and in fact my weight loss story was in a national magazine as well as a book) but now everyone is use to me being smaller...its the norm...it all settles down :)

wow! that's great about the magazine story... is there a link to it online? I'd love to see.

They do so many stories they dont keep a archive but if you go to my fb https://www.facebook.com/karyn.colley my cover pic is the magazine article :)
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    They do so many stories they dont keep a archive but if you go to my fb https://www.facebook.com/karyn.colley my cover pic is the magazine article :)

Thank you! I couldn't read the article cause it was too small a print, but the pictures... wow, what a change! Very inspiring!!
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was over 200lb at one point, and still confident. Apparently confidence got me a lot of attention.

Now I'm practically married, so that may have more to do with the lack of attention than anything.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I seem to get a lot more attention now that I have lost 42 lbs and started hitting the gym.

And why wouldn't you!?!? :wink:
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have noticed more attention for sure. Like another poster, I get more attention just from people saying "hi" or smiling or nodding at me. I like that, it makes me feel good. Even just attention from people at work or the cycling community noticing my changing physique. I get more attention from males too, younger ones checking me out and talking to me, men I'm meeting and dating telling me how good I look and how attracted they are to me. Including one telling me "congrats on getting hotter" lol.

I think that attention is more related to my self confidence and an overall feeling of happiness in my own life right now. It makes me self conscious sometimes but I am learning to like it! I just reminds me where I used to be and makes me happy that I'm not there anymore. I finally feel so liberated from that fat, unhappy body and mind I lived in for so long!
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This really, is a wonderful thing. It was also a terrible pitfall for me.

I was always pretty overweight throughout my teens and early 20s, (25 now) During this time in a persons life, this is pretty much where you make all of your friends who will or will not last throughout your lifetime.

When I lost weight, I noticed strangers hitting on me. I also noticed that people from our "circle" of friends started noticing me too.
    Before, i was the fat chick. the fat friend. I had a male friend who I may have crushed on a bit when i was bigger, he never gave me the time of day, relationship wise. After I lost weight, he was very VERY into me. It sort of hurts. Makes you realize how shallow people can be, even your own friends. =(
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I definitely think I get more attention now. Like some others have said this new attention could just be related to my regained confidence about myself. When I gain weight/am heavier I get really bad anxiety, but exercise really reduces my anxiety and gives me so much confidence. I notice now that acquaitences who wouldn't really stop to chat when I saw them now always take the time to stop and see how I am. I also notice men/women strangers at the grocery or anywhere staring at me or smiling at me. But this all may just because now I appear like a happier/more approachable person? Either way, I like the attention and feel great about myself now
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And i dont mean this to come out in a bragging way but yes, the guys seem very attracted now. Im very very happily married so i ignore them but yes, its definitely increased a lot. And my husband (who has always been attracted to me, no matter what weight) is also paying me a lot of (sexual) attention.
  • mitch356356
    Options
    No from me. In fact, probably less.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    No from me. In fact, probably less.

Do you mean you don't give more attention to someone else after they lose weight?
  • mitch356356
    Options
    Sorry, no i get less attention now. Not sure why, but that's how it's panned out.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes... a lot
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 40lbs and I do get a bit more attention but honestly I don't like it. I'm not used to it and it makes me feel awkward. Guess I have pretty low self esteem. If I guy checks me out in the street, I automatically think the worst and feel they are thinking "wow look at the size of her butt" and nothing nice.

So I'm not really looking forward to getting more attention (about 40 more lbs to target). I have lots of male friends and love them to bits, and happily married so I don't want guys checking me out. I guess I don't have any choice in it lol, but it does make me feel very self conscious.
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Most definitely yes! Even the guys that I am still friends with from High School 20+ years ago are paying attention to me now. Not bragging but I get looks in traffic, hit on by much younger guys and seems everywhere I go a guy strikes up a conversation with me. I'm not really sure if it is the weight loss so much but rather the confidence I have gained from being more healthy. I love the attention tho. My ego feeds on it. Lol
  • calisunrise
    Options
    no, i don't. it's exactly the same as it used to be. but more girls are nice to me now than they were before :) i just get more 'friendly' attention
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    ah, yeah, I get a lot of attention...but I also know how to be invisible if I want. Problem is I like the attention and I don't want to be invisible...bwahahahahhahah...ooops my bad.
  • Marg3030
    Marg3030 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I read your post and relate to the point that being fat or thin doesn't change the person underneath. My husband has been constant through my shape changes - thin (rarely), fat (usually), pregnant x 2. He has never been critical of my shape, but has noticed whether I am happy, sad or angry. I've noticed that as I get older, I feel more invisible.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear from people who experience a noticeable increase in sexual/romantic attention from others after losing weight? How do you experience and/or handle this?

I ask too because sometimes people gain weight as a form of hiding from attention or feeling uncomfortable with it.

Not so much romantic attention. But every time I lose a significant amount of weight (yeah, this isnt the first time :ohwell: ) people in public definitely treat me in a more positive way. People are nicer to me and smile more when I weigh less then when im all frumpy and chubby looking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!