Do you get a lot more attention after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I get more attention from random people. I'm in a band. Girls always were attracted to that even when i was almost 70 lbs bigger. So at shows i always get attention. When I'm a normal human being, thats where I see people doing double checks. Not trying to be arrogant or anything. It just is what I am right now.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    yep.. I got hit on when I was heavier too, but it was mostly men that were much older than me. Nowadays its nice to be considered attractive by someone closer in age to me :) But the older men still love me, for whatever reason haha

^^^^ I know this all too well......

My biggest thing was I now find myself attractive...... to me. A super boost in my confidence because I feel good on the inside AND out! :heart:

5499814.png
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And i dont mean this to come out in a bragging way but yes, the guys seem very attracted now. Im very very happily married so i ignore them but yes, its definitely increased a lot. And my husband (who has always been attracted to me, no matter what weight) is also paying me a lot of (sexual) attention.

This is exactly my experience as well. I know it has to do with more to do with confidence than looks, but definitely more attention. Must be my swagger. :laugh:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Was married to my ex had just had a son, now 13, born prematurely and I had dropped over one hundred pounds... was in good shape and had a lesbian couple ask me to join them, no strings attached... I declined and promptly put back on the weight over the next two years only to find that she had begun cheating... I am now remarried to a wonderful woman and doing this to live... I also want to backpack with my new little son... Hayden is 3 and will be 4 in June.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I get more attention but I think it doesn't necessarily have to do with the weight loss as much as it has to do with the confidence. We become more approachable when we are more confident and happy with ourselves. Looking better definitely helps.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Honestly I didn't notice much more attention from men in general, though my husband says there has been a lot. I do tend to be pretty stupid about things like that (men flirting with me), but I really think it's just my husband being a guy.

But the biggest thing I have noticed is the extra attention from my husband once I started doing squats. I can't even walk past him in the house without him touching my bum!
  • 2Blackbirds
    2Blackbirds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do, too, and not all of it is wanted. Catcalls, weird people at work hitting on me....sometimes I get frustrated and think, "Maybe I'll just gain it all back so I don't have to deal with this anymore," but then I check myself. I lost weight for the health benefits and don't want to put myself back at risk for diabetes, cancer, etc.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!, cannot keep the guys off me.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 100 lbs so far and have seen a HUGE increase in the amount of attention I get - both romantically from men when I'm out and strangers at the store. I've also changed how I accept compliments, etc. I used to kind of roll my eyes, and then when I started getting more and more compliments I didn't know what to say. Now I have learned to accept and appreciate how other people see me, even if I don't see myself that way.

When I was obese, people kind of looked "through" me. The more weight I started to lose, the more people went out of their way - even just things like holding doors, smiling, or being more courteous. It's extremely disappointing that society is that way, but it's true.

I was always obese growing up sot he new attention seems weird. I handle it like a teenager would sometimes which doesn't amuse my boyfriend too much but I usually love the attention.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I get a lot more attention but I was discussing this with a male friend and he pointed out that it may not necessarily be the weight loss. He said I'm a lot more confident now and almost glow which is appealing to others.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And i dont mean this to come out in a bragging way but yes, the guys seem very attracted now. Im very very happily married so i ignore them but yes, its definitely increased a lot. And my husband (who has always been attracted to me, no matter what weight) is also paying me a lot of (sexual) attention.

This is exactly my experience as well. I know it has to do with more to do with confidence than looks, but definitely more attention. Must be my swagger. :laugh:

LOL! We got the swag! ;)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Um....... yes. lol. A lot more... like tons more. Piles of it. Mountains of it.

I also came out of a 25 year awkward phase at the same time I lost the weight so.....
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Way more attention from the opposite sex, I've had more guys ask me out on dates in the past 3 months than in the past 8 years! Not sure i'll ever get used to it, and still find it a little awkward but it is very flattering, and I'm enjoying it as it's not something I've experienced in so long. Besides I'm single so I'm allowed to enjoy it a little :tongue:

I agree with others in that it has a lot to do with confidence, I just feel so much more 'sexy', fit and attractive, I take pride in my appearance and other people notice that. Heck I even get better service when I'm out shopping, no longer am I invisible and no longer do I want to be invisible!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey there! So far I've lost about 45lbs - halfway to where I'd like to be. I have a boyfriend of 3.5 years, when we met I was the size I am now, and he has always thought I was beautiful, even at my biggest. But lately I have def noticed an increase in his attraction and desire - also a huge difference when it comes to those intimate moments, a differene in myself too.

We talked about it together, and he said he hadnt really noticed a change in the way he acts... I am thinking obviouisly we look different - but I think we carry ourselves different too. Maybe there is a glow about us, or we are more noticably confident - and just look happier, which may attract more people to us.

Lets face it... noone wants to be around a negative nancy, and when you dont feel good about yourself, it shows.

:)
  • hollyday11
    hollyday11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice the difference! I have fluctuated about 50 pounds (I am somewhere in the middle now). I definitely get more attention when I am thinner. I am curvy eaither way :-).

I also think I am just more confident as I've gotten older. I am more comfortable in my own skin. At 43 I am far more confident than I was in my 20's and early 30's. That makes a huge difference in how people treat you. I definitely notice more attention from men. I am happily married, but a little extra attention from men isn't a bad thing. Great for the ego.

I had a male friend tell me I was a 'triple threat' at work - smart, professional and hot. I thought that was pretty awesome!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This.
    Not any more romantic attention, but there has been a dramatic increase in people saying hi to me when I'm out walking some where or shopping. People seem to want to talk to me more.

My colleagues didn't even notice I'd lost weight until I'd lost 50 lbs, and they haven't changed toward me at all (which I like--I'd hate it if they acted differently around me just because I'd lost weight!), but strangers definitely treat me differently.

Except . . . last night on the dog walk I got one of those random hostile yells from a passing car that fat girls are depressingly accustomed to. As a former fat girl, I recognized it right away, but as a no longer fat girl, I was completely confused by it. Apparently just being female is enough for the haters. I wish I had known that when I was fat. I would have spent a lot less time blaming myself for the haters hating.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    People are initially attracted by sight. You either catch their attention or you don't. That attention can be positive or negative. After weight loss, I definitely get more positive attention. Initial attraction is based on looks.

Ladies and gentlemen, don't deny your lustful hearts.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's how shallow women are though so go figure.

(sarcasm)
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 100 lbs so far and have seen a HUGE increase in the amount of attention I get - both romantically from men when I'm out and strangers at the store. I've also changed how I accept compliments, etc. I used to kind of roll my eyes, and then when I started getting more and more compliments I didn't know what to say. Now I have learned to accept and appreciate how other people see me, even if I don't see myself that way.

When I was obese, people kind of looked "through" me. The more weight I started to lose, the more people went out of their way - even just things like holding doors, smiling, or being more courteous. It's extremely disappointing that society is that way, but it's true.

I was always obese growing up sot he new attention seems weird. I handle it like a teenager would sometimes which doesn't amuse my boyfriend too much but I usually love the attention.

this is exactly what I went through,

I was pretty much obese most of my life, and noticed most of times that people would go out of their way, just to get out of my way, if that makes sense, and even when I would shop at a store, the employees that would walk around asking if you need help would always go to the slimmer, healthier looking person first.

now, after losing130+ lbs, I have noticed that I would get way more attention than I was accustomed to, currently I am getting used to it, and just smile and communicate back, but this whole transformation has made it somewhat harder to meet or make new friends, but I think that it is my problem, that I automatically assume the same person wouldn't have even tried to get to know me if I had not decided to get healthier.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    For myself, I felt MUCH more confident when I was lower on the scales, and I think that energy was dripping off of me. So yes, I did get more attention because people want to feel apart of something great. I have friends that have lost tons of weight and look phenomenal, and feel phenomenal, again this transcends to others and they want a piece of that. So yes, definitely more attention. Yes, better than the attention you get when you can't keep up or have extra fat on you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!