Options

Replies

• allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome story!!! Very inspirational!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    Great post! It's wonderful to see you two tackle the issue together and support and succeed. Awesome! I also love that you're not totally focussed on the scale - measurements, blood work, how well you sleep, how long you can walk around a city, etc. etc. These are all fantabulous reasons to get, and stay, healthy. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Not read properly yet as I'm just off for a walk but skimmed some pics and THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Well done :bigsmile:
    Well I've not long got back from my walk and read your story.......and the response is still the same.....FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Parts made me laugh, and parts made me cry. Thankyou sooooooooo much for sharing your story. It's so insperational and gives me (and I'm sure loads of others) hope :smile: Thanks and well done from somebody over the pond :bigsmile:
  • dee4981
    Options
    Congrats and well-said.
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your outlook on life and motivation is spectacular, and your funny as hell!!
    What youve done for yourself is better than winning the lottery!

wish you and your wife a beautiful long healthy life together!!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring me. :drinker:
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures! In some of them you look like the guy from Mythbusters :) Great job and I wish you continued success on your journey
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Great share!!! Proud of you and wow, do I feel encouraged! Thanks for sharing. Also, where do you go to get fitted for running shoes? Thanks!

I went to a local running store here in central NC. They had me walk/jog through the store without shoes, then with different pairs of shoes... on a treadmill.. then we checked out how off center I am. I knew I was crooked, but eeshh....

12 pairs later, I found out that I needed more support than what I had with the previous shoes. All. the. difference. in. the. world.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I especially like how you and your wife were in this together. Is your wife still going strong?
    And...I agree - it's not a journey, it's life.
    I am so happy for your achievements!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Is your wife still going strong?
    Every single day.

She's my motivation. We are each others cheerleader. Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Corbinsmom
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Way to go!!!
  • debcraig73
    Options
    wow ! amazing ! I too am just getting started on this site- and hope to still be here in a year ! People like you are what motivate me ! Keep up the good work !!
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing what you've learned and your awesome success pics with us :) You ROCK!
  • brandystaton
    Options
    Everything you have done so far is wonderful and you should be proud of yourself. In all your blogging I did not once here you say I did it for my wife or anything else. You did it for you and that is how I think about it. I'm trying to lose weight by eating healthier and with exercise. Even though I have a long road ahead of me, so far I'm still keeping myself motivated. My starting weight was 430 lbs. when I started 12/31/12. Yesterday when I weighed, it was 417.4. Roughly 12 lbs lost in a month. It's slow, but I'm on my way. Thanks for the updates and reading them has inspired me to get going even harder. Good luck in your endeavor.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. You're the dude :)
  • doxieholic7
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story...I needed that!! It gives me inspiration!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    are you writing a book? cuz you damn well should. not only are your experiences the stuff of legend, but your writing style is "off the chain," as the young kids would say, circa 2004.

I WANNA BE YOUR FRIEEEEENNNNNDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(including the above in a FR to you). keep on mustaching on.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"That being said, no one here can do it for you. Not on this website, not your friends, not even your family. At the end of the day, each and every day, you're accountable for you. Make the decisions that you need to make, or don't. If you want to be healthy, you can. You just have to be an active participant in making the move. It isn't magic and you can't find success in a pill, on a forum, or on TV. You've gotta dig down inside and figure out how bad you want it."

I'm putting this on my mirror. These are words to live by!
  • Tikarose30
    Tikarose30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't really post on the forums. I read the success stories mostly.

This is the first story I've read that almost made me cry. It was real. No fluff. No miracle drugs/food/surgery. The message is clear. You control yourself. Period.

Thank you.
  • Tracy2750
    Options
    WOW!!!! This is fantastic! What an amazing inspiration! Thank you SO much for sharing. I especially love the part where you started jogging - I've been thinking of starting as soon as the snow melts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!