Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Lori- That does sound like fun. Got race in july that I am considering that is a 5k in the dirt and mud followed by a military style obstical course. fun stuff!

Marla and friends-We wanna come too!

Had a good day today. Feeing pretty sore from a fall I took on my bike yesterday. Embarassing story really but funny. Practicing riding with my clipless pedals (For those who dont know what that is, it's cycling shoes with cleets that "Clip" into your pedals so your feet are attached. You have to twist your foot to unclip. Anyway, I deciede I am done so I ride into the garage and unclip my left foot. Problem is when I come to a stop the bike starts to lean right. Natural instinct kicks in and I go to put my right foot down. But alas...it's still clipped to the pedal. So over I go like a friggin redwood tree right into the trash cans and junk I have piled up. Ouch, skinned knee and quite a few bruises.

You guys can go ahead and laugh. Even though it hurt I can't help to chuckle when I think of what it must have looked like. TIMBER!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At least it happened in the privacy of my garage. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm dying!!!!!!! Andrew, you're a hoot! Oh my gosh-- that must have looked hysterical.

http://www.shawneemt.com/s_poconoswurst5ktrailrun.html

This one's near you, Lori-- yes? Aren't you near the poconos?

I'm serious guys-- 5k or no 5k-- I'm in for this.

Flop on my floor!!!

The mud makes it look fun but I'm cautious too.... kids and life and a husband leaving for 6 months a week later.... probably not the best choice I could make.

Marla- my family is in Chambersburg (about an hour south of Harrisburg, another 30 minutes south and you are in MD). Tom's family lives in Scranton/Wilkes Barre area, but we usually only go there for a day. His mom lives with his sister and it's tough to fit all of us in the house too. I also have been throwing around a trip toward Philly to see a friend (who we were supposed to be in the Poconos with when we are there, but ended up cancelling that trip because his brain cancer came back and he's in the middle of chemo).

We also threw around a trip back to our old house in Maryland, (Huntingtown Shuntae, pretty close to you). The problem ends up that we have a week and a thousand things we want to do. Add to that my parents who take off the whole week and then I feel guilty leaving.... although if I leave the kids there..... that's really all they care about anyway!

So, yes I would love, love to figure out something. We haven't completely decided when we are getting there or when we are leaving. So much to think about!

None of these places are incredibly far away, so I'm pretty much up for whatever. Chambersburg is only about an hour and a half...Marla's turf is a little over 3. This sounds so amazing! I've met a couple of my MFP friends in person...and it's awesome, but I would love to meet the people who helped to spark my inner crazy athlete!

Heh...I just called myself an athlete. Who'd have thunk?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- I'm 2.5 hours away from Chambersburg....and like Shuntae said, about 3 and change from her. I will meet you all anywhere, or happily host.

And Donna is only about an hour or so from me-- if that. OMGosh-- this is just getting too cool.

I appreciate your family obligations-- but, if you can swing it....oh em gee-- it would be awesome.

Everybody else-- ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!! Andrew and Beth, you're only 6.5 hours from me-- piece of cake for a day trip, no?

No? Lightweights. :grumble: :wink:

I'm serious in all this. I can work within the constraints of your family thang, Miss Lori.

Think it over-- name the bat time and the bat channel and I'm so there.

Happy to have my family home. Funniest thing-- on the way home hubs and Sarah had to stop at the home of the donor who made it possible for Sarah to enter some more tournaments. We expected $1,000, but the couple gave Sarah $5,000 which funds these events and the travel expenses-- unreal.

But, here's the funny part-- I knew that hubs would be in such a good mood, he wouldn't mind any home improvements I made-- and he didn't even notice any of them. I had to point out the mirror in the dining room at dinner.

And he just asked me if I wanted to have coffee on the deck, on the glider swing thingie-- go freakin' figure.

Got the mailbox done today and flowers planted around it. Looks LOVELY. :love:

Turning in early and typing in the morrow-- been a busy day.

Thinking caps firmly in place my friends for this gathering. I really want to do this.

Later!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone..I am in an amazing mood..Today my husband and I have been together after ten years...Boy they went by pretty fast..I know 10 years is not a lot to some people, but I am only 30 so its pretty amazing to me..He makes my life more complete each day and I love him dearly. He stepped up to the plate back in 2004 right before we had our daughter and adopted my son,that was a great day in my life...To make sure that we all had the same last name before the baby came...

My life is complete..I am healthy..I have a great family....I have 2 wonderful kids..and a husband who takes care of us!! I have come a long way and I am a change women.. I am off to the gym and then 2 classes at 8, so if we decide to go out to dinner to celebrate i will be completey ok...I am not gonna worry anymore when its a hoilday I will eat within reason but not overdue it. Thats how I know how far I have come!!!

We have amazinh strength and with that we can and will do everything!!

Have an awesome day ladies...and REDWOOD...andrew!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Everybody else-- ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!! Andrew and Beth, you're only 6.5 hours from me-- piece of cake for a day trip, no?

No? Lightweights. :grumble: :wink:

when i saw everyone talking about getting together, i suggested to andy that we maybe might wanna go to six flags this summer instead of storyland :wink: we'll see if it happens
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ooh-- six flags where?

This is getting too freaking cool!!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i was thinking the one in NJ, but don't know if dh will be into it. and it's a long car ride with 2 little monkeys. we'll see how it goes.

edit: just mapquested it. maybe 7 hours and 19 minutes IS a little too far of a drive :noway: :laugh: maybe you can all get together and we can skype in like on oprah :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    BTW Marla- I did see that run in the Poconos, did you look at the pics? It looks like they run up a flipping mountain on a trail. I was thinking Philly way would be easier for Shuntae.

so do you think you guys are strong enough to pull me in a sled???

Lol....I have this picture of me facing backwards, sitting on the sled.........filing my nails as you all grunt up the mountain:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can fly anywhere.........If you all are getting together I will MAKE it happen!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    i was thinking the one in NJ, but don't know if dh will be into it. and it's a long car ride with 2 little monkeys. we'll see how it goes.

edit: just mapquested it. maybe 7 hours and 19 minutes IS a little too far of a drive :noway: :laugh: maybe you can all get together and we can skype in like on oprah :tongue:

pfft.......takes that to get out of Florida for me:ohwell:

We took a road trip when I was preggers with Kelly. We figured it would be the last time before 3 kids in the car:sick:

Fun times. That was our Smokey Mountains road trip............lovely area:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

It's only 7 hours, one minute to Dorney Park/Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown, PA .
    dorneypark.com

Piece of cake!

30 minutes from me!
  • Marla64
    Options
    BTW Marla- I did see that run in the Poconos, did you look at the pics? It looks like they run up a flipping mountain on a trail. I was thinking Philly way would be easier for Shuntae.

Lol....I have this picture of me facing backwards, sitting on the sled.........filing my nails as you all grunt up the mountain:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can fly anywhere.........If you all are getting together I will MAKE it happen!!

One "MUSH!" out of you, Jeannie, and I'll bite you!

This would totally make my summer!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey my amazing black teamer...did you get your last minute workouts in??? I burned 1302 calories today.. now off to bake...I am so excited I dont know what to do with myself hopefully it turns out alright!! Well hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

oh come on!! you can do it!!

We drive with the girls to NY 2 times a year. It does take us 2 LONG days but we make it. By the time we get there I am so sick of the movies playing but we keep them occupied that they don't even notice we have just driven for 10 hours!
  • Marla64
    Options

oh come on!! you can do it!!

We drive with the girls to NY 2 times a year. It does take us 2 LONG days but we make it. By the time we get there I am so sick of the movies playing but we keep them occupied that they don't even notice we have just driven for 10 hours!

Should I tell you we drove to Bowling Green, Kentucky in 2008 for a 12 hour trip-- 2 parents, nine kids, and a husky-- all packed into our 15 passenger megavan, with golf clubs, luggage out the wazoo, and NO movies. (actually, I'm a purist-- I don't "believe" in the whole movie thing-- I survived a long car ride when I was a kid, buddy, so can you-- not a judgment, just an explanation of our trips)

So, I don't wanna hear it. :wink: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... I wonder how far it is from me in Illinois?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :laugh:

One "MUSH!" out of you, Jeannie, and I'll bite you!

This would totally make my summer!

:laugh: :laugh: well you DO have a Huskey!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Dorney Park is fun! My kids would be happy........ Hershey Park isn't too far. I can smell the chocolate in Chocolate World. Mmmmmmm! Ok, maybe I shouldn't be dreaming of chocolate right now.

We will make something work for sure. How important is it for others that it hits a weekend? This is really exciting! How many Black Team members can we get together?
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Can I stay with someone if this get together comes off??? I could probably scrap together the money for the flights (volcano permitting :laugh: ), but don't think the funds would run to a hotel??

Would also need a babysitter, as hubs is pretty much away now for the rest of the year - the odd week home here and there :ohwell: . Oh well it might not happen for me this time, but I will look forward to reading about it!!

I actually lost some weight :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , down to 164.8 - woot woot :smile:

I am thankful today that my local supermarket had Sherlock Holmes at a reduced price that I can afford this week, so am going to say an early good night folks and sit down and watch it with Thomas - then maybe the kid will give me a freaky break!!
  • 72lori
    Options

I am thankful today that my local supermarket had Sherlock Holmes at a reduced price that I can afford this week, so am going to say an early good night folks and sit down and watch it with Thomas - then maybe the kid will give me a freaky break!!

Hubs and I watched it last week, I had trouble following what they were saying. Those accents! LOL. Truthfully though, they talked fast and the accents were thick enough, I really did have trouble sometimes. Somehow I think it will be a piece of cake for you!

Congrats on the pounds down!
  • 72lori
    Options
    This meeting is exciting. I'm jazzed! I've often dreamed of all of us being able to get together at like the Biggest Loser Ranch place that they have and working out together and hanging out, but this will do too!

Edit: Just looked up the rates for a week. Yowza! That's not even airfare to get there. Ok, when one of wins the lottery. Who plays? LOL

Our Rates

The rates for The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge are broken down into weekly increments. The more weeks you reserve, the lower the weekly price.

Current Rates

Private Accommodations: A guestroom all to yourself.
    One Week: $2,195
    Four Weeks: $8,000 ($2,000 weekly rate)

Double Occupancy Accommodations: A double occupancy guestroom. (We can try and find you a roommate)
    One Week: $1,795
    Four Weeks: $6,400 ($1,600 weekly rate)
  • Marla64
    Options
    Can I stay with someone if this get together comes off??? I could probably scrap together the money for the flights (volcano permitting :laugh: ), but don't think the funds would run to a hotel??

Would also need a babysitter, as hubs is pretty much away now for the rest of the year - the odd week home here and there :ohwell: . Oh well it might not happen for me this time, but I will look forward to reading about it!!

I actually lost some weight :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , down to 164.8 - woot woot :smile:

If you don't mind a sofa, you're welcome to flop here!

I'm good weekend or weekday, Lori-- no worries.

Trying not to totally freak at the moment-- we'd been working through a "home modification" under the "Obama Plan" for our mortgage which is really under my mother-in-law's name, since she bailed us out after out LAST freaking foreclosure--

Our mortgage company can't get their heads out of their behinds-- they'd send us multiple requests for the same info-- we'd call, tell them we gave it to them, send it again-- half the time they'd tell us, "oh, yes, we have that-- sorry. What we REALLY need is 'this'," and we'd send it to them, only to get a written request for the same weeks later-- we'd call, they'd tell us, yes,we have that, but what we REALLY need is this-- and so on and so forth.

Last we heard, they had everything they need except "THIS" which is something we need to get from my brother-in-law regarding my mother-in-law's finances-- good luck with that-- but, we told the mortgage company we need the request in writing so we can take it to the brother-in-law.

We never got a written request.

Today they notify us that our request for the modification program has been denied since we didn't send them all they needed--

Always something, my friends-- trying not to cry. Guess I'll put the rest of the home improvement projects I had in mind on the shelf for now.

Groceries to put away-- blessings to remember-- need to scoot and keep my mind busy.:cry: