LOL!!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Meh....doesn't make a difference to me.

*drops face in a slice of cheesecake*
  • winterswish
    Options
    I made this awesome taco once though that I"ll share with you but other than this taco I totally agree wtih you.

What I did was instead of using a corn tortilla because corn killed the Mayans and obviously all grains are fatal, I used a lettuce leaf. And then since beef is harmful because of that study by those chinese people I used clumps of cinnamon (it's really boosting on your metbolisms) but I clumped it up to really look like beef. And taco sauce is only like 10 calories if you use a syringe and just drip it on, so I added REAL TACO SAUCES and then some lettuce and omg it was just like eating a taco.

thanks add me for motivation.
    I did that too but I used cumin.

May I add to this...broccomole? Until yesterday I didn't know that such a thing existed. Because everyone knows avocado fat kills. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/-Broccomole--Dip
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Most of it is awful, but the banana pancakes are spectacular.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I do love making mashed cauliflower, though. I know it's not mashed potatoes, there is no substitute for that and when I want mashed potatoes, that is what I make. But it does make a delicious side dish on its own.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    considering this thread I must ask, how do you remove butthurt off of flypaper?

Mr_CleanMagicEraser.jpg

You can get a knock off version for a lot cheaper at Home Hardware. The only downside is there's no hunky bald guy on the label.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mashed up cauliflower does NOT equal a pizza crust…it is an abomination.

Splurging once in a blue moon is not a sin. I will not go to hell for it. I will go to hell for finding wildly inappropriate things hysterically funny.

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I made this awesome taco once though that I"ll share with you but other than this taco I totally agree wtih you.

What I did was instead of using a corn tortilla because corn killed the Mayans and obviously all grains are fatal, I used a lettuce leaf. And then since beef is harmful because of that study by those chinese people I used clumps of cinnamon (it's really boosting on your metbolisms) but I clumped it up to really look like beef. And taco sauce is only like 10 calories if you use a syringe and just drip it on, so I added REAL TACO SAUCES and then some lettuce and omg it was just like eating a taco.

thanks add me for motivation.

I did that too but I used cumin.

May I add to this...broccomole? Until yesterday I didn't know that such a thing existed. Because everyone knows avocado fat kills. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/-Broccomole--Dip

fmwbhdN.jpg
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies taste exactly like black beans mixed with sugar. :angry:

Chick pea "cookie dough" is sweet hummus and a waste of chocolate chips. :explode:

Ooh! I just remembered I have a frosty in the fridge. Healthify my frosty, I dare ya, suckers!

Ugh! The black bean brownies blow my mind! Why? WHY? Same carbs/sugar, same fat, same cals. WHY?!?!? For fibre? Eat some damn vegetables!
  • angelsb0nes
    angelsb0nes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself. If you like chicken wings and ice cream or w/e good for you. Go ahead and eat it. Not everyone can or wants to eat chicken, beef, cake, w/e and so they make up recipies using things that they can eat. If you don't like the way their recipies taste, take your own advice and just eat the real thing instead of complaining about people using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used. If they want to call their version of pancakes 'pancakes' because to them they are pancakes, then why do you feel the need to dictate what names they give to their food? In the time it is taking all of you to collectively whine about other people not enjoying the same foods as you, you could've just had your damn pizza.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Broccomoli. Yuck..
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I like to cut and paste the recipes into my iPhone notebook. It's just one of the pleasures I get from mfp.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I had a similar rant with a vegan friend of mine a while ago.

Mashing up chickpeas into a patty does not make it a steak.
    Etc. etc.

In addition to it being an abomination I was also genuinely interested in why an individual who loathes the meat industry would attempt to mock it at every turn. Sadly, this turned into a HUGE argument and terminated our 20+ year friendship. Awesome.

People just really love their made up foods.

You let an argument over food dissolve a 2 decade relationship...?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself. If you like chicken wings and ice cream or w/e good for you. Go ahead and eat it. Not everyone can or wants to eat chicken, beef, cake, w/e and so they make up recipies using things that they can eat. If you don't like the way their recipies taste, take your own advice and just eat the real thing instead of complaining about people using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used. If they want to call their version of pancakes 'pancakes' because to them they are pancakes, then why do you feel the need to dictate what names they give to their food? In the time it is taking all of you to collectively whine about other people not enjoying the same foods as you, you could've just had your damn pizza.

We're just having a discussion.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Boxxy?
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ^^ This. Thank you OP. You're doing the world a great service, however, I do think that sometimes hamburger buns can be substituted:

images-2_zps4e9d5d33.jpeg
    [/quote]

xzibit-wtf.jpg
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I had a similar rant with a vegan friend of mine a while ago.

Mashing up chickpeas into a patty does not make it a steak.
    Etc. etc.

In addition to it being an abomination I was also genuinely interested in why an individual who loathes the meat industry would attempt to mock it at every turn. Sadly, this turned into a HUGE argument and terminated our 20+ year friendship. Awesome.

People just really love their made up foods.

I never really understood naming plant based concoctions the same as meat. I don't call my slices of tofu "tofu steaks," I just call it tofu. Otherwise it just confuses people. I also never really understood trying to make vegan products that taste like real meat. Maybe it's just me because I became vegan because I don't like meat (and am intolerant to milk and eggs), so I would never want something that tasted like it. Sorry you lost your friendship :brokenheart:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Seriously you guys have to blend up bananas though its just like ice cream and its the bomb. <3 ~ #unpopularopinions

Throw in some PB and chocolate syrup and it's even better. Also, the zucchini tots. Yum. But I like zucchini a lot.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You do realize that you just dictated what you think others should do, right?