Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My husband once tried Rocco DiSpirito's Now Eat This! Italian! cannolis.

Not a cannoli. Not even italian. Not even edible.

Nastiness in the shape of a pile of poo is all we could get from the recipe.

There is a special place in the Underworld for Rocco DiSpirito.

Diet cannolis? Blasphemy!!

Agree.some things are not meant to be made healthy
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my substituted "pancakes" of protein powder, mashed banana, egg and a little milk. I don't want to be fat and eating this substitute that looks, feels and tastes like a pancake is how I have lost half of my body weight. It's delicious and if I didn't know it was protein powder instead of flour, I wouldn't know the difference.

Another potato mash substitute is mashed (steamed) cauliflower and low fat cream cheese. Of course it doesn't taste the same, but if you need a plate filler or a meal topper (for a pie or similar) then there is a great healthy alternative. How does that hurt anyone to mention?

I agree, that some people don't like substitutions, but I don't know that it's fair to berate those who want to share their low-calorie/carb/fat recipes with other likeminded people - that is what we're all on MFP for, isn't it? Support, motivation and inspiration into health and fitness?

I agree though, if you want to eat buffalo wings, then do it... but seeking alternatives isn't exactly reinventing the wheel.

Agreed.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on in here?

20b3b369_tumblr_mdjqdpXUmy1r8cvzdo1_500_zps83dd5719.gif

I hate when I miss out on epic threads

I angered people because I think cauliflower is the devil...

Wait.

Time out.

I actually like cauliflower.

Okay, take back everything I said in defense of OP in this thread....

...and change my vote to the "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" crowd.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: You mention pizza. GF pizza is not pizza?
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Now, I do want to try the blackbean brownies.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Seriously. It is disgusting. There are gluten free brownies mixes you can buy, or do 1/3 tapioca starch 1/3 sorghum flour 1/3 ground oats that haven't been contaminated with wheat. Add some guar or xanthan gum to the mix. Just spare yourself the agony of the black bean sugar glop.
    Wow, that bad, huh? Hell, I will stick with what I already have then!! hehehe
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Someone had to say it

^^ This. Thank you OP. You're doing the world a great service, however, I do think that sometimes hamburger buns can be substituted:

images-2_zps4e9d5d33.jpeg

Is dinner at your house???
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my substituted "pancakes" of protein powder, mashed banana, egg and a little milk. I don't want to be fat and eating this substitute that looks, feels and tastes like a pancake is how I have lost half of my body weight. It's delicious and if I didn't know it was protein powder instead of flour, I wouldn't know the difference.

Another potato mash substitute is mashed (steamed) cauliflower and low fat cream cheese. Of course it doesn't taste the same, but if you need a plate filler or a meal topper (for a pie or similar) then there is a great healthy alternative. How does that hurt anyone to mention?

I agree, that some people don't like substitutions, but I don't know that it's fair to berate those who want to share their low-calorie/carb/fat recipes with other likeminded people - that is what we're all on MFP for, isn't it? Support, motivation and inspiration into health and fitness?

I agree though, if you want to eat buffalo wings, then do it... but seeking alternatives isn't exactly reinventing the wheel.

Agreed.

^^^x2
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Wait.

Time out.

I actually like cauliflower.

Okay, take back everything I said in defense of OP in this thread....

...and change my vote to the "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" crowd.

:cry: My feelers are crushed
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Some are hits and some are misses. I personally love the cauliflower pizza crust but I cannot tolerate the mashed cauliflower. I will not do the buffalo cauliflower... but I make my own light version of buffalo wings. It is nice to have choices

This is a very nice way of disagreeing. Mature and thoughtful. And polite.

A+

I try :)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Someone had to say it

^^ This. Thank you OP. You're doing the world a great service, however, I do think that sometimes hamburger buns can be substituted:

I agree:

grilledcheeseburgermelt.jpg

YUMMMY - I want both of these now!!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I made this awesome taco once though that I"ll share with you but other than this taco I totally agree wtih you.

What I did was instead of using a corn tortilla because corn killed the Mayans and obviously all grains are fatal, I used a lettuce leaf. And then since beef is harmful because of that study by those chinese people I used clumps of cinnamon (it's really boosting on your metbolisms) but I clumped it up to really look like beef. And taco sauce is only like 10 calories if you use a syringe and just drip it on, so I added REAL TACO SAUCES and then some lettuce and omg it was just like eating a taco.

thanks add me for motivation.

My abs come and go based on the frequency of your humorous responses.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Jimmies were rustled in this thread. But instead of Jimmies we substituted Danglers. And instead of rustled, we substituted perturbed.

Danglers were perturbed.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I hate faux hawk. Good that you got the real thing!

Faux-Hawk.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Jimmies were rustled in this thread. But instead of Jimmies we substituted Danglers. And instead of rustled, we substituted perturbed.

Danglers were perturbed.

:laugh:

I snorted out loud...or chortled...or guffawed. Maybe all three.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Danglers were perturbed.

:laugh:

I snorted out loud...or chortled...or guffawed. Maybe all three.

As did I...my co-workers are giving me funny looks now :laugh:
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :drinker: CHEERS!
    did you say Blue Moon?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB31JZBf3zbvZjABBca0uRdK6RZ-NnlXDGf0ZyVi4z_MHLr4_r2g
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I like finding healthier options. I love healthy food, cant get enough of it! Eating fried anything makes me feel sick, or basically anything unhealthy for you. Why is it such a bad thing to find something healthier? I don't want to feel like **** at all. Whether its once in a blue moon, or every day.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I don't know about you but I like finding healthier options. I love healthy food, cant get enough of it! Eating fried anything makes me feel sick, or basically anything unhealthy for you. Why is it such a bad thing to find something healthier? I don't want to feel like **** at all. Whether its once in a blue moon, or every day.

So now all fried food is unhealthy???

So far on this thread, on the "unhealthy" list we have:

- butter
    - whole eggs
    - fried

What else is so obviously unhealthy to everyone that we would want to find creative ways around it?
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Turd & Egg Pancakes

1 turd
    1 egg

Mix, fry in pan.

Kinda tastes like crap. And egg.

Laughed out loud!:laugh:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Someone had to say it

Oh man! I actually had one of these once (almost). I had a Krispy Kreme cheese burger at Grizzly stadium in Sauget, Illinois. It was quite the culinary experience.