I quit

Options

Replies

• wannabeloser08
    Options
    Actually your "i quit" put me off a little. So I found your previous thread, and I DID find it comforting. So my response to you is DON'T QUIT. And I hope things get better. Hugs to you.

THIS. Thank you for your post. Don't quit!
  • portergolf
    Options

Where is the "*****ing, Whining and Complaining" forum?

Sadly the Whining and Complaining" forum is in just about in every other thread on this forum. This forum makes me feel better about myself and its not because of the motivation and inspiration I get from it. There is like a 3-1 pity post to motivational post ratio. There is actually a 2-1 ratio when it comes to excuses post vs. motivational post.

People need to understand it is HARD WORK to eat right consistently and exercise consistently. I hate reading post about people crying the world is ending about a 1lb weight fluctuation followed by all the excuses and reasons why. When in reality it was water weight...

sorry for the off topic rant.

BTW - tc6952 is an angry troll.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

AMEN, but not in a religious way :)

tumblr_llze3fvhi41qf9jcfo1_500.gif
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Quit.jpg

I quit................studying.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how many bullies there are on this site. *smh*

OP: Maybe not wise to post something like this. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I wish you all the best. :)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you were going to quit you would just quit and not make announcement. Its ok to just say I want to B♡itch.
  • vickiecarr78
    Options
    Why quit a fitness goal oriented website because of others? Are you only here for the comments of others or for yourself? Personally, I can't afford to quit on myself...the website, I can take it or leave it most days.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You sound like you need some attention...looks like you are getting it...8 pages of replies...I say "you live you're life and I'll live mine"...I don't know you personally...but I'd like to say something positive so here goes...why don't you try to remember why you started this in the first place...if what you've tried hasn't worked...TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. :) Do what you KNOW is best for you...or not...your life to live...
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you copied that from my food log, didnt you??
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't post and demotivate others. Thankyou!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    There is NO ONE on this site that can make me quit. Changing my whole life is d4mn hard work. It's taken everything I have to continue. I'm finally getting some traction. If you can be derailed by a comment on a public forum - you do not want it badly enough.

Doing this is not for sissys. And I don't mean the forums.
  • tc6952
    tc6952 Posts: 14
    Options

Sadly the Whining and Complaining" forum is in just about in every other thread on this forum. This forum makes me feel better about myself and its not because of the motivation and inspiration I get from it. There is like a 3-1 pity post to motivational post ratio. There is actually a 2-1 ratio when it comes to excuses post vs. motivational post.

People need to understand it is HARD WORK to eat right consistently and exercise consistently. I hate reading post about people crying the world is ending about a 1lb weight fluctuation followed by all the excuses and reasons why. When in reality it was water weight...

sorry for the off topic rant.

BTW - tc6952 is an angry troll.

Even Portergolf's wife and kids hate him.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    this thread is still going? wow!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    kingsley-shrug.gif

This is my response to this entire thread, and everything that it chooses to be.
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard week.....family members in critical aneurym life threatening surgery among other things and I read something that comforted me and I tried to share that on a thread on here -- rather than reading, deciding it's not for you and moving on - some folks felt the need to make unnecessary comments.

I get we all have our opinions - on every topic -- but you can respond or not respond. Even when I disagree, I try to be kind. Sometimes, you need to think about the poster and where they may be. It's just been a really heartwrenching few weeks and I could have used some friendly comments - or none at all - as opposed to some that I received.

I don't need to be 'rescued"....and I'm not manipulative. I'm just a person trying to provide something comforting to those who may be receptive to that - at a time I needed comfort as well.

“We find comfort among those who agree with us-- growth among those who don't.”
    Frank A Clark
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    this thread is still going? wow!

Crazy, right?

I was the 6th poster earlier on this thread. I keep coming back just to see the responses. Endlessly entertaining. There are definitely two camps on this:
    * 'hang in there and we are all right behind you' and
    * 'WTF? Get over yourself!'

I tend to be in the latter. I would have been more sympathetic if there was meaningful information or any context in the OP.

I truly hope everyone feels a greater resolve in their commitment to defining and achieving their own personal goals as a result of this thread.

Seriously, peace to all!

I will quit when I am done and not a minute sooner.
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I suggest you read your own post/thread and find motivation from there.
    ...Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!
    Don't let the trolls win.

^^^This, a million times! I really don't understand why people are attacking you for this post/attention whoring when it was clear you were trying to be supportive, and especially when you revealed that you're going through some tough times. You don't have to let their negativity infect you!

//not religious, but can still appreciate the sentiment
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    There is NO ONE on this site that can make me quit. Changing my whole life is d4mn hard work. It's taken everything I have to continue. I'm finally getting some traction. If you can be derailed by a comment on a public forum - you do not want it badly enough.

Doing this is not for sissys. And I don't mean the forums.
    [slowly backs away]
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

“We find comfort among those who agree with us-- growth among those who don't.”
    Frank A Clark
    [/quote]

OMG. I love this, and I'm stealing it.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OK....I hope you don't have a Facebook.