Replies

• chylo1
    chylo1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wasn't being mean.............just honest.........SORRY
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Have you considered entering her in some form of Blood Sport? Great way for her to supplement her pension and stay fit!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Quinn-giggle.gif

Omg I'm dying lol
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    HI everyone

I've been on MFP for a while now. I lost 60lbs lifting heavy and eating in a calorie deficit and doing occasional cardio. My problem isn't with me. It's with my granny. She's 92 years old and absolutely refuses to lose weight.

I take her to the gym and stick her on the treadmill and after 5 minutes she complains she's tired?!

I got her started on Stronglifts 5x5 and she refuses to even lift up the barbell?

Do any of you have lazy family members? What did you do to kick their rear in gear so to speak?

I love my granny and want her to be healthy.

I am absolutely gobsmacked...Are you really that sadistic to expect a 90yo person to do what you are asking her to do?!!!
    It's a wonder that she hasn't collapsed and past away with trying to get her to do lifting and treadmill stuff!!! .. :noway:

She has done so well getting to the age she is so allow her to live the rest of her days in peace.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This would have been better in the Chit-Chat forum.

Still... 6/10.
    THIS
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well she is 92.. she lived her long life. She is tired. Maybe she just want to look at her tv and eat .
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I dunno, she's 92.

If I make it to 92, I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want, snort cocaine and have unprotected sex with prostitutes.

HAHAHA I was thinking close to the same thing except switch sex with prositutes with smoking weed lol I'm gonna be an awesome granny...just sayin
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Are you joking? Anyways, you cannot force ANYBODY to exercise or lose weight. Is she happy? Please let her be!

My family's health is not a joke ma'am.

And if my family had "let me be" I'd be face first in a cheesecake right now.

Wrong answer.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Looks like some people's sarcasm meters are running a little low today...
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    HI everyone

I've been on MFP for a while now. I lost 60lbs lifting heavy and eating in a calorie deficit and doing occasional cardio. My problem isn't with me. It's with my granny. She's 92 years old and absolutely refuses to lose weight.

I take her to the gym and stick her on the treadmill and after 5 minutes she complains she's tired?!

I got her started on Stronglifts 5x5 and she refuses to even lift up the barbell?

Do any of you have lazy family members? What did you do to kick their rear in gear so to speak?

My granny did dead lifts and lived to be over 100 years old.
    She's dead now.

Thanks sooooo much for re-opening that wound.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    HI everyone

She'd love Billy Blanks tae bo. Get her some spandex :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Have you considered entering her in some form of Blood Sport? Great way for her to supplement her pension and stay fit!

I like where your head is at.

Perhaps enrolling her in the next Tough Mudder would be suitable?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I think distance running is a better option for her, vs. lifting. Seriously...
    if she made it this long, she ought to be good for at least a marathon or two...
    endurance is key. She's already halfway there...

I second this advice. Seriously. Lifting at her age is dangerous! But distance running would be beneficial to her heart.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i honestly wasnt sure if this was a joke or not??
    and you say you "stick her on the treadmill"?? sounds a bit harsh...

i think at 92 , you're asking too much of her.
    how about you two just go walking together around the block. im sure she'd prefer your company
    and fresh air instead of being stuck on a treadmill....
    just a thought......
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This would have been better in the Chit-Chat forum.

Still... 6/10.
    THIS

It could move to a 7 or 8 though...we'll see how this one plays out. I agree though...would have been better in chit chat.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Looks like some people's sarcasm meters are running a little low today...

:laugh:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Is she wearing Granny Panties? :flowerforyou:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

I like where your head is at.

Perhaps enrolling her in the next Tough Mudder would be suitable?

Well yeah, I guess if you want to baby her. Maybe adding in some bare knuckle fighting as well? Just to keep her on her toes
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bwahahaha! Thanks for this.

And good luck with Granny.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think distance running is a better option for her, vs. lifting. Seriously...
    if she made it this long, she ought to be good for at least a marathon or two...
    endurance is key. She's already halfway there...

:laugh: