Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Updating as I posted in June. I was losing at 1800 then and now I've maintained since June with a TDEE of 2000-2300. I love not depriving myself and fueling my workouts!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've been eating between 1700-1800 a day for a while now and not eating back my exercise calories. I do Insanity 4-5x a week and then I try to lift 2-3x a week. I typically burn between 300-800. Usually around 450 if I only workout 1x a day. For the past 6 months I've only been working out 5x a week. I haven't lost in a long time. I'm currently eating around my TDEE -20%. I'm not sure if I should bring my calories up or lower them. I've been losing/gaining the same 2-5lbs since summer. It's so fraustrating to find that balance between eating too much or too little. I'm happy for those of you who have found it. I just wish I could find mine.
  • bonniebonbon
    bonniebonbon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've been eating between 1700-1800 a day for a while now and not eating back my exercise calories. I do Insanity 4-5x a week and then I try to lift 2-3x a week. I typically burn between 300-800. Usually around 450 if I only workout 1x a day. For the past 6 months I've only been working out 5x a week. I haven't lost in a long time. I'm currently eating around my TDEE -20%. I'm not sure if I should bring my calories up or lower them. I've been losing/gaining the same 2-5lbs since summer. It's so fraustrating to find that balance between eating too much or too little. I'm happy for those of you who have found it. I just wish I could find mine.

With those kind of workouts I am guessing you need to be eating about 2100-2400 each day. that is a LOT of calorie burning you are doing....
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Great Thread!! I am eating about 1900-2000 calories a day and have lost 60 pounds!! :)
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options

With those kind of workouts I am guessing you need to be eating about 2100-2400 each day. that is a LOT of calorie burning you are doing....

Man I'm really glad you posted this and asked that question!!
    I've been having the same problem and am going crazy trying to figure it out. I had upped my calories to about 1800-1900 for the past 6 weeks and have seen NOTHING on the scale move. I started lifting weights a lot more and am happy about having more strength but have not seen measurements change yet either. My TDEE is 2300 and BMR is 1567. However, my range varies so much! Some days I eat 1500, some days probably 2300, so I think probably I just need to commit to 1900 and stay there.

This thread has made me decide that instead of trying to lower my calories again to 1500 (as I tried the last couple days and had zero energy), I think I might need to just consistently go higher.

Oh and have some patience... which is the hardest part :P So pleased to see all the awesome women on this thread!
  • teresab101
    teresab101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HMVOL7409
    Options

Lowering cals and working out twice a day are great examples of possibly going too far. Doing too much and eating too little does not mean you'll acheive faster results, if any at all. Your body might be trying to tell you something here.
  • I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for quite some time, I lost weight at the beginning..but now I'm not. With eating (or trying to) eat just 1200 calories, I find that I am cranky and don't have the energy to work out as hard as I used to be able to and end up cheating....BIG TIME. Which is not helping me get muscle definition...I am curious if upping my calories (and not eating back my work out calories) is right for me too?
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I upped from 1500 to 1800 this week. I feel SO much better.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have mine set at 1600 but i go anywhere from 1600 to 2000. i got fat eating food and im going to eat to get skinny too. working for me. 35 pounds lost since jan 1st.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    oooo! Me meee! Pick me!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    For anyone interested, check out the following links that help explain finding better calorie goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf

These posts really break it down, keep it simple and explain everything crystal clear.
  • anichellek
    anichellek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump!
  • angeldn52
    Options
    Bookmark
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread :) I have lost 183 pounds and am currently down to 198 pounds (5"9) and have been stalled out for monthssssssssssss. I thought about it the other day and decided...i either become skinny (and eat 1200 cals) or I become fit, healthy with some muscle definition and eat more...I am going for the second option :) So I have my fitbit & MFP to lose only a pound per week and will be eating the total fitbit adjustments So expect I will eat 1800+ Currently not doing much resistance work as I have another 10 days in a splint (broken wrist) but that will be my focus once the splint is gone...3 sessions a week :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump, bump ,bump!!!!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Bump for safekeeping. :smile: