Something you do for free that most people pay for.

Options

Replies

• Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    draw portraits of people babies and pets. well free for family and friends at least
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Brows (and other waxing), nails, cut my grass...hmmm...I'm sure there is plenty more. I'm thrifty!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    flashbacks !!! (uhoh)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Teach yoga?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I also cut my own hair (it's simple... i just give myself a buzz cut)
    Roast coffee
    Give out nutrition and exercise advice :bigsmile:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Taste Cakes !

Ha! Me too! Professional decorator here :smile:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of those that are able to cut their own hair. If I did mine myself, it'd look like this.

bad+haircut+kid.jpg
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the haircuts and clothes mending. I'm a poor student, so I try to DIY almost anything I can.

I also fixed my MacBook once. A wire in the screen went kablooey and I had to take apart the entire thing using a tutorial online. It was a little terrifying, but I had nothing to lose except the $25 wire replacement. That was during the summer, and I'm still typing on it right now!
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do a lot because we're pretty broke most of the time with 5 kids between us....I cut hair for my whole family...I coupon...I use GPT (get paid to) sites and cash in for amazon gift certificates and get rediculous amounts of free stuff....did a lot of Christmas shopping for free this year :) Just for clicking stuff and doing a few surveys...
  • MrsRichmond060212
    MrsRichmond060212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha @ Manda86!!
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    Everything...
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I cook really well so I cater most family events.

AND...I like to refinish furniture so what was old becomes new again (that also included re-upholstering). I find it soothing. This little hobby is not one that people pick me as doing at all.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Make my own jewellry and take photographs and frame them for artwork.

SL374056_zpsdb30df03.jpg

WaterLilypink1_zps24a84fea.jpg

sorry bit on the large side
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Reiki
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I cut my own hair... but I'm a girl so it is really just a case of being crazy cheap. I always wear a pony tail so it really doesn't matter how bad it turns out :tongue:

Never had a mani/pedi either, so I do my own nails.
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also pretty thrifty, I have to be as I'm a single mom. I cut my son's hair about half the time, I do my own eyebrows, my own pedicures, I've made my own laundry detergent before. I also don't have cable and watch everything online. I don't pay for texts, I use Google Voice over Wifi lol. I've also become my family's resident tech expert, so I've saved us all a lot of money that way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    now why did my mind go straight to the gutter on this one?

me too.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Acrylic nails, I also make baby Tutu's and headbands.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    More likely to be stuff that my husband does such as diagnosing the car problems and then ordering the parts and fixing our car and he fixes stuff around the home. We both do lots of things that other people would pay for, but I wouldn't say that most people pay for stuff that they can do themselves (unless they had a bad experience with doing it incorrectly). There are some things I would trust myself to do better than paying someone else and there are other things I have learned it is better to have someone with more experience and training in that area handle.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I color my own hair with the cheapest dye ($3.50). I do my own nails and eyebrows. I've never had a pedi/mani and haven't had my brows waxed since my daddy was paying my expenses. I cook a lot from scratch so I don't buy a lot of prepared foods. My husband and I were just talking today about getting some chickens so we won't have to buy eggs. We do most home repairs as my hubby is experienced in refrigeration, heating/air, plumbing, and electrical. He can do some car repairs too. I shop at thrift stores and eBay to save on clothing and other things, especially sporting goods for our boys! I can sew but I have not made any outfits since my boys were small but I do my own mending. If I can figure out a way to save a buck, I'm all over it!