Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    you seem really smart.

Stay away from these BS crash diets, it's not a smart choice. You'll probably gain the weight back.
    MFP sets out a perfectly healthy and reasonable plan.
  • jecamacho07
    Options
    ive heard of ppl doing it but dnt know what it is?...does anyone know where i can look this up?
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    oh wow! This was different.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Wow....if this is how special and precise the OP is when she isn't on a crazy fad diet....I can't wait to see how fantastical she is when she's on a crazed diet where it makes you cranky and evil and starved for 3 days.

*grabs popcorn and waits....*

*asks to be passed the popcorn and offers a beer
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    IBTL. It's been very entertaining though! Happy Presidents Day to the U.S. folks!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i have no problem with the slang. i already knew you were a highly educated woman. seriously though, the caps is dumb annoying, and you really don't need any other assistance to back up how you are. peace and love.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    So how many of you heard about this diet?

Ive been doing alot of research and it seems pretty legit. Every meal is pretty balanced but every meal is low in calories.
    I grasped the concept that i will not lose 10lbs of fat but of weight/waterweight.
    I'm not expecting to lose 10lbs just an extra 3-4lbs to add to my weekly loss. Alot of people say you gain the quickly BUT it depends what you eat when you come off of the diet because its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..

Has anyone came off the diet and ate very cean and still gained weight?

What im planning to is the first day coming off of the diet is to eat alot of fruits and veggies and lean protein like eggs, fish and chicken.. then on the second day start introducing complex carbs, like whole wheat toast and by the third day im back to normal eating.

I wouldnt be mad if i gained back like 1 or 2 lbs, but if im exercising and eating sensely i dont see why i shud gain the lbs back..

Anyone wanna try it?

Im starting tomorrow.

I'm not going to bother reading through the 6 pages to see if you've already been told this. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Check this out:

http://fueledfitness.ca/fat-loss-the-right-way/
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just when I thought it was gonna be a boring day at work.

I hope this thread goes on ALL DAY.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I too tried this diet more than once and I lost 4-5 pounds each time. Unlike others I found the dinner meals to be way too much food. If you eat right continuously, there is no reason to say you will gain the weight back. Try it, everyone is different. Plus, the ice cream is a great treat after eating the veggies and hot dogs.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Don't you mean, "THANK YOU, SOMEONE WHO FINALLY AGREES WITH WHAT EVER I WANT TO DO TO MY BODY" ??
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhyquc2Hw11rrd1clo1_500_zpsb95b5d77.gif

it's mmk, me neither.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I too tried this diet more than once and I lost 4-5 pounds each time. Unlike others I found the dinner meals to be way too much food. If you eat right continuously, there is no reason to say you will gain the weight back. Try it, everyone is different. Plus, the ice cream is a great treat after eating the veggies and hot dogs.
    [/quote]

Don't you mean, "THANK YOU, SOMEONE WHO FINALLY AGREES WITH WHAT EVER I WANT TO DO TO MY BODY" ??
    [/quote]

That very thing crossed my mind... :drinker:

ETA: I don't know, even with my limited experience, how that could possibly lead to a lasting loss. Why put yourself through three days of h3ll for something that isn't going to be sustainable? If you're gonna do it, you're gonna do it, and nobody's going to be able to talk you out of it. If you get gumpy on reduced calorie days like this, you probably will want to warn those around you.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    when i read that, i can't help but hear it in my head in Cartman's voice. :noway:

tumblr_maak1zaSMy1r3a62yo1_1280.jpg

You make my heart sing.:heart:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ars_ibtl_zpsb6d78088.jpg
  • chocolate_barbell
    chocolate_barbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hmm...

Anything that screams '3 day diet' should be shot, shot again, then shot again before being tarred and feathered then burning it into the great fiery depths of hell. Seriously, if you are looking to lose and KEEP the weight off, do it sensibly and adjust your lifestyle. As someone who as (stupidly) fallen for these sort of fad diets over the years, I can tell you that these sort of diets are temporary and will turn you skinny fat (if you do happen to get there by some great miracle). These diets causes one to lose muscle mass as well as fat, but keep water weight... not to mention depriving your body of essential nutrients that your body needs to survive.

Lose weight like the rest of us: Eat sensibly, and work out. This is how I did it, and used to weigh 260+. and fad diets did squat. Squats on the other hand give results. ;) There is simply no way around weight loss.
  • Crankstr
    Options
    OK, you have me convinced.

Maybe my before and after pics werent compelling.

i work hard, lift heavy, eat right, and kick butt.

i am 41, and have seen these types of things fail time after time.

BUT go ahead and do it, and report back here for 4 weeks....

then i would like you to follow what I do for 4 weeks, and see what kind of results you get.
  • nerdyglasses15
    nerdyglasses15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly since I saw this thread this morning.

I've been on the 3 day diet, and it works, but the problem is most people, after being so harshly restricted for 3 days, indulge too much after it's done. I lost 7 pounds, but you have to go slowly, like, add 200 calories on the 4th day, then 2 calories again on the 5th day so you go back to 1200. That's how it worked for me. I'm not sure whether it's healthy, but it worked.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

then i would like you to follow what I do for 4 weeks, and see what kind of results you get.

And you look bloody fantastic!!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wow....if this is how special and precise the OP is when she isn't on a crazy fad diet....I can't wait to see how fantastical she is when she's on a crazed diet where it makes you cranky and evil and starved for 3 days.

*grabs popcorn and waits....*

*Crying with laughter*

Hunger will do that to you :)
  • Crankstr
    Options

And you look bloody fantastic!!!

that was sweet, thank you:flowerforyou: