What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    There's lots of things I avoid/dislike, but my only TRUE phobia is Butterflys/moths.

It's the fluttering and jagged movements, I just can't deal with it. The idea of going into a butterfly house makes my stomach churn. A moth was trapped in my cabin on a boat once and we couldn't get it out - I refused to sleep until it was captured at like 3am, and was nearly in tears.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4xvrs2Cyb1r64tryo1_500.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Centipedes.
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    Btw this was a great topic. It really makes you feel normal. Like everyone has something that they are a little irrationally scared of.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Touching ice cubes, eek!
  • mscroutons
    Options
    Circles in repetitive form. Mostly on skin or plants. I heard it was an actual phobia. Trypophobia.

I get really tense looking at pictures, and want to scratch my eyes out! I don't feel afraid although I will run the other way if I see a picture of trypophobia
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Lightning. I'm a cowering mess when it storms. Can't wait to move to somewhere it hardly ever does!

This is me 1000000% Can't stand them. I try so hard to maintain myself so my kids don't get scared too but when things get real bad the nervous vibes radiate off me. I have left work early because I knew a bad storm was coming.
  • KainStar
    KainStar Posts: 197
    Options
    I am 22 years old and STILL scared of the dark.

Also mirrors in general, at night I turn them around and if I can't(I have a huge dresser with a mirror attached) I have to cover my head or move the blankets to a point where I can't see it.

Grasshoppers an June Bugs too. I had both caught in my hair as a kid and I freaked out! If I see any I run!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    so basically if there were a clown chasing us while throwing up maggots with a the body of a snake and ready to pop a balloon while putting mustard on a hotdog while wearing glasses, we all would pretty much be a puddle of piss and a bubble of snot?
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    Frogs! My heart pumps so hard at the site of a frog I get nausea if it moves I'm crying, dear husband depose of these things for my while the kids torture me with them.
  • Gjallarhorn
    Options
    spray bottles. my mother used to wake me up with them in the morning because i literally have slept through hurricanes and crazy ****. spray bottle to the face = kryptonite. Any time i hear a spray bottle, i jump.
  • Crankstr
    Options
    tumblr_me2wfqoAAi1rrkgt3o1_500.jpg
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Baths! Hot Tubs, touching the bottom of a pool! I'm fine in rivers and oceans and lakes, go figure!
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I will not swim in anything where I can't see straight to the bottom and everything that is in the water. Meaning no lakes, rivers, oceans, ponds etc. Unless its a swimming pool you won't get me in it. I'm scared to death of something coming after me and not seeing it, getting tangled up in seaweed and drowning, basically anything icky sticky or with teeth in that water could possibly get me. So no thank you!! I can't believe anyone would water ski or jet ski etc. What if a shark comes up and gets them? It happens! Don't tell me it can't. I saw jaws!! OH and don't get me started on the possibility of a dead body being under water!! OMG I will not even reach into the water while in a boat! I'm not pulling up anything out of the water!!

Exactly this, but more because of dead bodies and less because of sharks. Where I live there have been a number of body-less feet wash ashore still in their shoes!! What if you were swimming along and there is a foot floating by your face. Disgusting. I'll stick with the pee in the pools.
  • dloyst20
    Options
    omg crankstr...what is that??? okay now I have two phobias...what ever the hell that is and bugs that jump...I can handle spiders, snakes, bees.....but grasshoppers and anything that can hop onto me when I am outside freaks me right out...its like they know
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    heights definitely. I have fainted rock climbing (on ropes luckily) and had a breakdown last time we went bouldering. I had to jump down from a 5 foot ledge... yeah. it is bad
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Watching ships sink, or sunken ships. Makes me nauseous. I threw up watching Titanic and not for the usual reasons ;)
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    OMG Crnkstr that has got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I am literally nauseous. What the heck is that? But please do not pot that picture again.
  • Crankstr
    Options
    okok...here's a cute wittle frog...he wuvs getting scratched

funny-gif-happy-frog-smile.gif
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    spiders and open water (yeah, that one makes being a Tri athlete a little hard, but working on it LOL)