Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1700 at the moment, might bump mine up again to 1800 and see if I can get rid of the last 2 kgs that don't want to go. Body fat % has still been dropping all the time though which I'm happy about even if the scale has stayed around the same for a little while.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    1800 on the dot and losing nicely :)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!!! Love it! eat-1800-2000 a day and maintained for 2 years:-)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've been eating between 1700-1800 a day for a while now and not eating back my exercise calories. I do Insanity 4-5x a week and then I try to lift 2-3x a week. I typically burn between 300-800. Usually around 450 if I only workout 1x a day. For the past 6 months I've only been working out 5x a week. I haven't lost in a long time. I'm currently eating around my TDEE -20%. I'm not sure if I should bring my calories up or lower them. I've been losing/gaining the same 2-5lbs since summer. It's so fraustrating to find that balance between eating too much or too little. I'm happy for those of you who have found it. I just wish I could find mine.

Lowering cals and working out twice a day are great examples of possibly going too far. Doing too much and eating too little does not mean you'll acheive faster results, if any at all. Your body might be trying to tell you something here.

Thanks for the feedback. I really don't want to lower my calories but in the past when I lifted 5x a week and did little to no cardio I was eating around 1900-2000 cals a day and still not losing. I need to tighten up my diet for sure but I should still be seeing some results with 1 cheat meal a week.
  • prisan512
    prisan512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on the eat more to weigh less state of mind, but I have days that I don't make time for all my food... But my goal is high!
    Good for all of you out there succeeding!
  • KatieMarie8526
    Options
    Bump :)
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi have questions to ask x
    I started upping my cals on Jan 1st .. I eat between 1500 and 1700
    I'm 43 and do formal exercise 3 times per week ... I'm a nurse and generally burn 1900-2000 on my working days (3 days a week) ... On my exercise days I usually burn around 2000 ..
    You all seem to do A lot of exercise .. Like every day.. I just o do 3 a week ... I mix up HITTs and runs ..!! And thos in sone weight training 2-3 times a week too. Sometimes ill do 4 but it depends on my children and my work
    So I'm 43... 5'1" .. And 141lbs...
    Does 1500-1700 cals per day seem right ..??
    In Jan I lost nearly 4lbs .. I don't know about feb yet as I'm weighing on last day of each month but I don't think iv lost too .much this
    Month.
    My tdee is 1900 and I minus 20%... My fitbit weekly stats also show that on average I burn 1900 which includes my 3 formal exercises .!
    I want to get it right as I only need to lose 7-10kbs x
    I really want to eat like this as I like eating lol x
  • SophieA9083
    Options
    SOPHIE NEEDS FOOD!!! I feel so hungry all the time! :(
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    !700-1830 calories with weights and cardio 5-6 days a week, just started the TDEE -20% a few weeks ago and loving the fact that I am not starving and have lost weight, except this week when I got sinus infection and put on antibiotics and gained almost 2 pounds and for 4 days have been at the same exact weight :grumble: and I was still doing exercise even I was sick, hoping soon that I will start losing again. :smile:
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump....considering this but wanting to read a bit more first :)

I am also considering but not sure I can eat that much and afraid to gain.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I average 1900 calories a day and I'm losing. I run three times a week, do strength training at least twice (followed by HIIT) plus one session of circuits. I'm 166cm and currently 73kg. Hoping to make it to 63kg over the next year and do more strength training because I actually enjoy it (unlike cardio in the gym which bores the tits off me).
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd add that my PT was trying to insist that I should be sticking to 1500 calories a day (and not net either). I did it for a couple of days, felt like hell and went back to my usual.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700 - 2500 a day, averaging 2100.

Have lost 6kg in 7 weeks :) Currently 109kg
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was eating the recommended amount of calories from MFP (actually staying below the calories) working out 5 times a week and the scale would not budge. It actually had the audacity to go up a couple pounds. I started researching and read all kinds of information about determining my basal metabolic rate and how I should at least eat that (>1800 calories). I was no where near that on most days. I made it a point to go up to the BMR at least, started taking a rest day in between...which usually included some stretching at least. The scale dropped almost three pounds in a week. That made a believer out of me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1900-2200 a day, doing stronglifts twice a week, some boxfit/circuit training and hiit/cardio 4-5 times a week.
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have my goals to lose a pound a week and MFP set me to 2310 calories a day. Usually I'm a little short (500 or less), sometimes I splurge and go over, and sometimes I struggle to get that much in.
  • Tracytxray
    Options
    bump
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi have questions to ask x
    I started upping my cals on Jan 1st .. I eat between 1500 and 1700
    I'm 43 and do formal exercise 3 times per week ... I'm a nurse and generally burn 1900-2000 on my working days (3 days a week) ... On my exercise days I usually burn around 2000 ..
    You all seem to do A lot of exercise .. Like every day.. I just o do 3 a week ... I mix up HITTs and runs ..!! And thos in sone weight training 2-3 times a week too. Sometimes ill do 4 but it depends on my children and my work
    So I'm 43... 5'1" .. And 141lbs...
    Does 1500-1700 cals per day seem right ..??
    In Jan I lost nearly 4lbs .. I don't know about feb yet as I'm weighing on last day of each month but I don't think iv lost too .much this
    Month.
    My tdee is 1900 and I minus 20%... My fitbit weekly stats also show that on average I burn 1900 which includes my 3 formal exercises .!
    I want to get it right as I only need to lose 7-10kbs x
    I really want to eat like this as I like eating lol x

No 20% is too much deficit when you have only 6lbs to lose. You need to only have a 10% cut. So yes go by what your fitbit says is 1900 - 10% = 1710.