breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    What if I work night shift and I have dinner (steak and potatoes) when most people are eating breakfast?

hmm then you are an anomaly and do not count :)
  • thanks cristina :)
  • ndj1979
    So it's not breakfast per se but breakfast TIME that is the question?

I fast 18 hours from 8:30 pm to about 12:30 1:00 pm the next day ...

when i used to eat breakfast i was eating like four eggs, four egg whites etc...and by 10:30 I was STARVING...now when I skip breakfast I am really not the hungry at all ...
  • ndj1979
    So why have we been lectured to about "the most important meal of the day" for all these years? "There are a lot of forces in our society pushing against" skipping breakfast, says Mark Mattson, PhD, chief of the Laboratory of Neurosciences at the National Institute on Aging. "Those forces are driven by money. They include the food industry obviously, and in some respects the pharmaceutical industry.” Breakfast cereals alone are an $11 billion a year industry, and that's before you get into eggs and bacon, bagels and lox, pancakes and syrup.

^ this
  • sp7991
    sp7991 Posts: 20 Member
    I don't agree. This companies are not forcing you to buy. Choice is yours. I believe Home made healthy breakfast is always good and must for good health.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Whatever the first thing you eat in the 'day' after you wake is technically breakfast. This is 5 pages of silly. SILLY!

Holy crud, 6 pages now! It graduates to ridiculous!
  • sp7991
    sp7991 Posts: 20 Member
    its possible. each individual's body reacts differently. Their are numbers of factor. In short I can say we have to monitor how your body reactors.
  • ndj1979
    Whatever the first thing you eat in the 'day' after you wake is technically breakfast. This is 5 pages of silly. SILLY!

Holy crud, 6 pages now! It graduates to ridiculous!

well you contributed to page six, so congratulations you win the door prize...
  • wikitbikit
    Is it BREAKFAST???
  • ndj1979
    Is it BREAKFAST???

yup grand slam breakfast with hash browns and sausage....chow down my friend and feel the obesity seeking into your pours..
  • big name brands --> media --> us --> money --> governement put that in a circle however you want and figure out how do they know or even tell us whats really "good" for us .. same goes for every pill or anti depressant we "have to take" to be happy.. your depressed, your too big too small your not good enough you dont look good enough so buy this or take that to be healhy and happy and good looking.. when do you see a commercial telling you your fine and theres nothing Wrong with you? point being, listen to yourself not what the government/media tells you is "right" everything they drill into our heads is for $$ - not our well being
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    I tried it for a month or so. Led me to binge more. So i've settled on about 150 calories at breakfast,which mentally makes adhering easier for me. To each his own. Looks like it works for you.
  • wikitbikit
    yup grand slam breakfast with hash browns and sausage....chow down my friend and feel the obesity seeking into your pours..
    Ah, man, my pours are the reason I'm up and posting here-- but that's wine.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    correlation =/= causation

Exactly.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Is it BREAKFAST???

you must mean "seeping". have some breakfast bro, it'll help you think.

edited to add: also, you must be referring to "pores", and again, i refer you to breakfast.
  • ndj1979
    Is it BREAKFAST???

you must mean "seeping". have some breakfast bro, it'll help you think.

edited to add: also, you must be referring to "pores", and again, i refer you to breakfast.

na i just need to cut back on my vodka consumption ...
  • ndj1979
    Ah, man, my pours are the reason I'm up and posting here-- but that's wine.

LOL
  • wikitbikit
    DUDE! Vodka and OJ! Perfect breakfast. Why you gotta hate on the breakfast?

Seriousness: "Breakfast" may or may not be the most important meal of the day, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you eat healthfully whenever you choose to eat.

Except for when you don't, which should be about 80% less often than when you do.
  • Ok folks here are the stats...

forty four percent of us eat breakfast, yet 2/3's of americans are obese. Hmmm yet we keep hearing that breakfast is the "most important meal of the day". I guess if you want to be obese then it is. Also, the whole "I need to eat breakfast to stoke the metabolic fire theory' has been totally debunked; as meal timing has nothing to do with metabolism. So I say eat when you are hungry and the let the chips fall as they may. I personally have been skipping breakfast for about five months now, and have lost three percent body fat. Oh, and you wont go into starvation mode if you don't eat breakfast so don't even come with that...cheers!
  • ndj1979
    DUDE! Vodka and OJ! Perfect breakfast. Why you gotta hate on the breakfast?

Seriousness: "Breakfast" may or may not be the most important meal of the day, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you eat healthfully whenever you choose to eat.

Except for when you don't, which should be about 80% less often than when you do.

I prefer bloody marry's to vodka OJ ....but that is just me...