breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    www.leangains.com you can go there for citations, studies, et al...enjoy

For real? Try a community college or something to understand what science is. It is not an opinion or even an expert's account on something.

Berkham brings results.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    www.leangains.com you can go there for citations, studies, et al...enjoy

For real? Try a community college or something to understand what science is. It is not an opinion or even an expert's account on something.

Berkham brings results.

I will say that the "community college" has contributed to me losing three percent body fat over the past four months and increasing me deadlift from like 185# to 325# (today)....
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    I think different people with different bodies =.= I skip breakfast sometimes and it was okay :P Sometimes I get hungry right after I wake up :) But thanks for sharing :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day and I'm not fat.

Then about an hour later, I eat dessert. ;D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day and I'm not fat.

bahahahahahahahahahaha

Then about an hour later, I eat dessert. ;D
  • savbentley
    Options
    Okay, I'm convinced. I think I'm going to start waiting to eat until dinner and just putting down a 1500 calorie meal. I bet my weight will start melting!
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Okay, I'm convinced. I think I'm going to start waiting to eat until dinner and just putting down a 1500 calorie meal. I bet my weight will start melting!

Can you even put down 1500 cals in one meal?
  • savbentley
    Options

Can you even put down 1500 cals in one meal?

Do you think 2 big macs and a diet coke will do it?
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Sure it would, but your macros would be way off wack.
  • savbentley
    Options
    Sure it would, but your macros would be way off wack.

Macro's shmacro's. I don't believe any of that science stuff.

:wink:
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Probbaly why you don't keep track of protein huh :D?
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Whatever man. I like eating breakfast because I'm starving when I wake up. My breakfast choices are super healthy. I also have to force myself to eat breakfast otherwise I have issues meeting my calories.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Calories in morning are same as calories at other times of day.
    Just know that without breakfast my portion control goes haywire during day and particularly the evening.
    Find it impossible to do exercise if nothing to burn.

Happy to breakfast but if it works for you ...
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Calories in morning are same as calories at other times of day.
    Just know that without breakfast my portion control goes haywire during day and particularly the evening.
    Find it impossible to do exercise if nothing to burn.

Happy to breakfast but if it works for you ...

Agreed. Varies from person to person. All depends upon your personal habits.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

This would actually work. Meal timing is irrelevant. You can eat all your calories in one sitting, provided you're working at a deficit you'll still lose weight. Plenty of people eat only dinner and lose weight.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    Gave up cereal, pastries, and pancakes (still have pancakes and french toast on rare occasions - maybe twice/year) for breakfast over 2 1/2 years ago. But I've ate breakfast everyday (most days it's bacon, eggs, and toast) -- end result almost 60 pounds lost (in 9 months) and maintaining that for 1 year 10 months.
    During this time I've also ate about half of my daily calories at night (suppertime and later) -- so that is my argument for the eating at night myth.
    People aren't fat cuz they eat breakfast -- they are fat cuz they eat to much of the wrong things all day long.
  • SophieA9083
    Options
    If I don't have breakfast I feel faint but then I am hungry throughout the day, but if I skip breakfast I don't get hungry until much later....hmmmm
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nice anecdotal evidence there, tell me more about those studies.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    correlation =/= causation

^^This.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I only trudged through page 1 of this thread but YES, OP, I agree with you. :flowerforyou:

I think that breakfast isn't a useful meal and I don't eat it, not ever. I haven't since I was a child. I'm currently trying the 5:2 diet, modified to 4:3 and I'm seeing really good results already - namely a flatter stomach. I eat once a day - late afternoon - and that's it. The body needs a rest from eating sometimes. I workout at the gym on 'empty', never feel faint and am full of energy throughout the day.

The race to health has many routes though, everybody should do what they feel comfortable with.