Replies

• maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ur post got me thinking... i should report my Coworkers ... :explode:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The world is lacking from appreciation of sarcasm. Fund our schools!
  • Cassie4787
    Options
    The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.
    [/quote]

Okay, I may have taken this wrong... but this post kinda ticked me off. Especially the more I read. Talking about people cramming food down their fat faces.... really? I think you've forgotten where you came from. You were there once upon a time too. Way to be encouraging to others by calling them fat! Really?!?!? That's so disrespectful! Ya know, I went from 220 to 168 since September, just because I've lost weight doesn't give me the right to call others fat and look down on others that live like I use to. This is America, there's always gonna be a McDonald's. If people choose to "cram food down their fat faces" that's their decision. If you don't like your job, QUIT! I'm sure Subway is hiring.

How can you expect people to respect and encourage you when you're just gonna be a b!tch and talk bad about people that make bad choices?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I guess I couldn't hear the sarcasm over the WHINING.

Can I get a sneer with that?

OMG Do you even know how many calories are in a sneer????

Shhh...don't spoil it, it's my sweet indulgence.

I can't let you sabotage yourself like that. Sneers are unhealthy! You need to stick to a strict sneer free diet. Clean facial expressions are the only way to guarantee weightloss and health. You want to be healthy don't you? DON'T YOU???

Just one more bite?

Like I've never heard that before.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Really?
    You cant tell other people what to do. Especially not in the type of job you're in,

You're there to offer customer service.

I use to work as HEAD CHEF in a restaurant for two years- while I was on the Atkins. I didn't eat there especially since i could look over my counter and see everyone slammin bacon and sausage and everything in between.

Your manager is kind of right- Use willpower. Or leave your job.

You said your in that job because of the choices you have made in life.
    I will tell you what I told other fast food workers.

This is the life that you chose.

I am not living your life, MFP is not living your life. You are living your reality. If working at MickeyDs is a hinder to your life style change then YOU need to change it. Take some classes, start browsing other career paths. Do something where you don't have to be around people shoving their face with Death Nuggets.

Come on- If it's affecting you that you are actually getting enraged- then maybe you need to seek medical and professional help. Talk to someone about your feelings who is actually certified to help you.

Don't let this affect the way that you support yourself and your family and your livelihood.

There are plenty of other people who are searching for jobs and would be happy to have a second chance like you did.

^I think she was joking..she's trolling
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What fun this thread is!!! and THANK YOU for all the Shemar Moore gifs. You guys rock!!
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Talking about making bad decisions... You should probably edit your comment about where you work and your drug use or you might not have a job for long. Employers tend to frown on stoned Managers.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

Okay, I may have taken this wrong... but this post kinda ticked me off. Especially the more I read. Talking about people cramming food down their fat faces.... really? I think you've forgotten where you came from. You were there once upon a time too. Way to be encouraging to others by calling them fat! Really?!?!? That's so disrespectful! Ya know, I went from 220 to 168 since September, just because I've lost weight doesn't give me the right to call others fat and look down on others that live like I use to. This is America, there's always gonna be a McDonald's. If people choose to "cram food down their fat faces" that's their decision. If you don't like your job, QUIT! I'm sure Subway is hiring.

How can you expect people to respect and encourage you when you're just gonna be a b!tch and talk bad about people that make bad choices?

OMG. You are sooooooooo right. Thank goodness you were here to spend your third post on this. I can't believe that she is calling those people fat. Besides, they can't help it. They are trapped because we all know that McD's puts addictive substances in their food. Then they sell it relatively cheaply.

OP - You should be just ashaed of yourself. You could hurt those people's feelings and that may drive them to want to eat more. Maybe you are sabotaging your town instead. You should be more supportive and less b!tchy.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Talking about making bad decisions... You should probably edit your comment about where you work and your drug use or you might not have a job for long. Employers tend to frown on stoned Managers.

Duuuuuudddddeeeee.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

You've obviously never worked at McDonalds.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options

You've obviously never worked at McDonalds.

I'm pretty sure it's compulsory in the one near me.
    (although on a serious not that is quite a good point)
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

OMG. You are sooooooooo right. Thank goodness you were here to spend your third post on this. I can't believe that she is calling those people fat. Besides, they can't help it. They are trapped because we all know that McD's puts addictive substances in their food. Then they sell it relatively cheaply.

OP - You should be just ashaed of yourself. You could hurt those people's feelings and that may drive them to want to eat more. Maybe you are sabotaging your town instead. You should be more supportive and less b!tchy.

It's the duty of the newly emancipated to ridicule the ones still trapped. Spurs them to action it does! If you think about it, there's no better support you can offer really. Shame the fatties & send them scurrying to the gym! Besides, all those tears shed eliminates water retention, an added bonus.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Go apply for a job at ModMarket, Garbanzo's or even Chipotle - the worst things on their menus are twice as healthy as the "healthiest" things at Burger Clown.

Chipotle Salad - Chicken, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, Vinaigrette,
    Servings:
    Calories 760 Sodium 1945 mg
    Total Fat 36 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 7 g Total Carbs 73 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 16 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 44 g
    Cholesterol 115 mg

Mcdonalds - Egg Mcmuffin
    Servings:
    Calories 300 Sodium 780 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 220 mg
    Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 260 mg

I do not think the data agree with you.

In less than half the calories, you get more than twice the cholesterol.
    Fiber content (per calorie) is a factor of four higher in Chipotle salad

I stand by my argument

It's an egg. There's that much cholesterol in an egg. Even the ones you cook at home.

I stand by mine.

hahaha only thing that can be said was the cholesterol & low fiber? really??
    I'm not even a McDonald's fan and I'd pick the McMuffin over that faux salad.

I was only going after the low-hanging fruit....

First, here are the actual numbers on the Salad Bowl from Chipotle:

495 Calories
    11.5g Fat
    3g Saturated
    0g Trans Fats
    115g Cholesterol
    1240g Sodium
    60g Carbs
    15g Fiber
    5g Sugar
    43g Protein

The only difference I could say would be the vinaigrette?? There's no vinaigrette at Chipotle - perhaps you meant Salsa??

At 495 Calories, that's a pretty healthy lunch. Good balance of protein, carbs, vitamins and fiber.

Now, moving on....

Here is the list of the McMuffin's ingredients:

English Muffin:
    Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, wheat gluten, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, citric acid, calcium citrate, yellow corn flour, corn meal, rice flour, barley malt, artificial flavors, natural flavors (botanical source), dough conditioners (ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, datem, tricalcium phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, calcium peroxide), calcium propionate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), soy lecithin. Prepared with Liquid Margarine.

Egg:
    USDA Grade A eggs, soy lecithin (release agent). Prepared with Liquid Margarine.

Pasteurized Process American Cheese:
    Milk, water, milkfat, cheese culture, sodium citrate, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, lactic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, soy lecithin (added for slice separation).

Canadian Style Bacon:
    Pork, water, sugar, salt, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor (vegetable), sodium diacetate and sodium nitrite (preservatives).

Liquid Margarine:
    Liquid soybean oil, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, soy lecithin, mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

If you eat one of those every day, it WILL have negative health effects.

If you eat a Chipotle Salad Bowl every day, you will grow tired of black beans. :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Go apply for a job at ModMarket, Garbanzo's or even Chipotle - the worst things on their menus are twice as healthy as the "healthiest" things at Burger Clown.

Chipotle Salad - Chicken, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, Vinaigrette,
    Servings:
    Calories 760 Sodium 1945 mg
    Total Fat 36 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 7 g Total Carbs 73 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 16 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 44 g
    Cholesterol 115 mg

Mcdonalds - Egg Mcmuffin
    Servings:
    Calories 300 Sodium 780 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 220 mg
    Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 260 mg

I do not think the data agree with you.

In less than half the calories, you get more than twice the cholesterol.
    Fiber content (per calorie) is a factor of four higher in Chipotle salad

I stand by my argument

It's an egg. There's that much cholesterol in an egg. Even the ones you cook at home.

I stand by mine.

hahaha only thing that can be said was the cholesterol & low fiber? really??
    I'm not even a McDonald's fan and I'd pick the McMuffin over that faux salad.

I was only going after the low-hanging fruit....

First, here are the actual numbers on the Salad Bowl from Chipotle:

495 Calories
    11.5g Fat
    3g Saturated
    0g Trans Fats
    115g Cholesterol
    1240g Sodium
    60g Carbs
    15g Fiber
    5g Sugar
    43g Protein

The only difference I could say would be the vinaigrette?? There's no vinaigrette at Chipotle - perhaps you meant Salsa??

At 495 Calories, that's a pretty healthy lunch. Good balance of protein, carbs, vitamins and fiber.

Now, moving on....

Here is the list of the McMuffin's ingredients:

English Muffin:
    Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, wheat gluten, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, citric acid, calcium citrate, yellow corn flour, corn meal, rice flour, barley malt, artificial flavors, natural flavors (botanical source), dough conditioners (ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, datem, tricalcium phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, calcium peroxide), calcium propionate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), soy lecithin. Prepared with Liquid Margarine.

Egg:
    USDA Grade A eggs, soy lecithin (release agent). Prepared with Liquid Margarine.

Pasteurized Process American Cheese:
    Milk, water, milkfat, cheese culture, sodium citrate, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, lactic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, soy lecithin (added for slice separation).

Canadian Style Bacon:
    Pork, water, sugar, salt, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor (vegetable), sodium diacetate and sodium nitrite (preservatives).

Liquid Margarine:
    Liquid soybean oil, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, soy lecithin, mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

If you eat a Chipotle Salad Bowl every day, you will grow tired of black beans. :laugh:

Please stop trolling the troll threads.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Have another bite, it's wafer thin!

Mr-Creosote.jpg
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Have another bite, it's wafer thin!

Mr-Creosote.jpg

Haha, I was thinking about this when I wrote that! :drinker:
  • amandascalf
    Options

[/quote]
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Thsi thread just ate my lunchtime like some empty eyed automaton gorging itself on fat ladden fries and death nuggets. But my abs got a work out.

Thank you so much, well meaning, non-sarcasm detecting preachers, you never fail to amuse :)
  • jnichel
    Options

Don't care, it has bacon....or at least what the Canuckleheads call bacon. It's pig meat. WIN!

And have a boring, bacon-less life.

In conclusion, salad sucks, long live bacon.
  • jnichel
    Options

[/quote]

Would you like to tap into my sarcasm detector?