What do you pay for your gym?

Options

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 a month at Planet Fitness (plus the $10 start-up fee, and $40 annual fee.) If roughly comes to a total of $290 for this year, then $280 next year (no start-up fee next year lol.) But, that's 24hr use, plus free tanning, free massage chairs, and I can bring 1 friend a day for free (no limits).

EDIT: I don't pay for anything else really, jusr new fitness gear when needed. Recently got new pants - $10, new sports bra - $10, and new shoes - $40, $70. Thankfully, the $70 pair of shoes was bought with a gift card.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
  • lymanlouis
    Options
    There's a physical therapy office about a mile from our home. They charge $10/mo for non-patients who use the facilities. Lots of good free advice too. Only downsides are the equipment isn't new and the patients get priority. I time my visits so as not to compete and rarely (almost never) have an issue.
  • alaneylane
    alaneylane Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pay a total of $60 at 24 Hour Fitness. It's $35 for one and then another $25 to add one more person.
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My college's gym membership costs $54 per semester (so a little over $10 a month if you think of it like that) but I get access to 5 different facilities and all of the classes they offer. I don't take any supplements or anything extra.
  • thethinwhiteduke
    Options
    $19.95 a week for the gym. husband also pays that per week fr gym dues, then he pays $70 every couple of weeks for protein.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I have just over $200 invested in my kettlebells that I use at home. I don't really track my healthy eating spending - it's just part of my groceries. I'm trying to do this in a sustainable way, so I plan to be spending like this essentially forever.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I recently looked around at the gyms in my area to do price comparison. It's sickening how expensive it is to just go workout. 24 hour fitness and LA fitness we both around $40-$50 a month depending on location and special offers. Private gyms were $80+ a month, plus membership fees. Planet Fitness (new to my area) was on $10 a month, but only two locations in the whole state. Boo. I just workout at home with free weights, DVDs, jogging around the neighborhood, and a cheesy elliptical I got on sale. You don't NEED a gym membership to get in shape, but they are convenient. heh
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that the condo I live at has gym access at the clubhouse, it's supposed to be 24 hours but they lock it in the middle of the night anyway (because reasons?), its usually deserted in the middle of the day, though, so I can work out in peace :)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have a gym at work, and I don't buy supplements with any regularity. But I do spend $95/month for muay thai training and $40/month for jujitsu training
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Right now we live in Germany on an Army base and I use the gym on post. I don't do supplements but my husband does and that is about $40 a month. When we decided to get healthy though and join a gym we had to make some sacrifices in order to afford a membership. We got rid of cable and joined a gym for about $60 a month for the both of us. It was important symbolicly speaking. Fitness is not just a change in your phisique, but a change in your lifestyle. Giving up something that caused us to sit inside doing nothing for something that helped us meet our goals was very motivational. And it taught us that to achieve our goal we were going to have to re-arrange priorties in our life. Any one can afford that. :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    50euro a year, can;t beat it
  • jadehollyfield
    Options
    I spend 34/month for a membership at LA Fitness.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    19.95 a mo. already pre paid for a full year $238.58
  • grgnelson
    grgnelson Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    $10 per month-just started
  • PhiSigAmber
    PhiSigAmber Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I pay $165/mo which includes full gym access, one (1hr) personal training session per week, and an individualized strength program written specifically for me.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    $35 per month for all club 24 hour fitness. But i've been a member since 95...not sure you can even get a deal like that anymore.

Bout 60 a month on protein
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    £25 UK a month. That is the local council facilities and includes access to 4 local gyms with standard workout stuff, treadmills, cross trainers, free weights etc and also swimming pools at two of the venues and all classes which again cove the standard full range, zumba/spin/circut/boxercise/yoga etc... I do get a slightly reduced rate as I work for a County Council too.

Council run is govt funding and very common in the UK

I have only just joined though as snow got in the way of running. Otherwise £60 for running trainers, and I also own and use a foam roller (cheapest one available) kettle bell and some resistance bands.

no supplements and tried protein drinks once and never again as my stomach is not a fan.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    325 DKK, or about $USD 55 for Crossfit (can go as often as I like).
    I don't do supplements, but I have an expensive nike dry fit habit :P
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    £60 for my heart rate monitor
    £40 for some decent running shoes (I buy new ones once a year)
    £35 every other month for 72 servings of protein shake

I recently spent about £25 on some tube resistance bands and a shaker cup for my protein shake. The rest is all "unnecessaries" I buy like gym clothes and sportswear just because I dig it.

I make about $2 a week on gympact = 104 usd a year which means I get about £65 of that back a year.

I don't have a gym membership