What is/are your WEIRDO habbit(s)?

Options

Replies

• imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    My food can't touch any other food on the plate. I section it all off. If I use ketchup or another condiment I have to make sure there is none on the fork before I eat veggies or fruit or whatever. I have even wiped the fork off with a napkin. My husband laughs at me all the time for doing this but he thought I lost my mind when I bought some plates that were already divided for me to use.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like mixing soft boiled eggs with corn flakes and eat them.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I can't eat meat directly off the bones. Gnawing on an animal carcass is enough to gag me, literally.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If the volume on the TV is not an even number I can't stand it. It has to be an even number. At least my wife is accepting of this.

Yes! It drives my family insane lol. It must be on an even number or a multiple of five
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i like to rummage through the ends of my hair and cut off my split ends.And if im bored and have the time i like to find the craziest split ends. Its crazy to see one single strange of hair that is split like a million times! When i occassionaly find the crazy ones i feel like ive found something really awesome! :P
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    pizza and ketchup. I dip the pizza in ketchup. ONLY frozen pizza from the store not pizza from restaurant

Me too!! Only one in my whole family, lol.
  • phxdeanna
    Options
    Where to begin? LOL
    Cannot go to bed without washing face and brushing teeth in a certain routine and must have my feet covered so the boogie monster doesn't get my toes (not really, but why else must my feet be covered?)
    Cannot relax until the kitchen is clean and dishes are not sitting in the sink and if it's a school night, lunches have to be made and ready to go for the next day.....THEN I can relax
    Towels MUST be folded in a specific way
    Can't run the clothes washer without a full load

My mate would say there's a million different 'house rules' like don't leave your **** lying all over, but I think it's just that I hate wastefulness and disorganization. :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Great post!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I chew on those things around the top of pop bottles.. constantly.

plastic-bottles-537x357.jpeg
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I cant have pictures of people in my house anywhere, not even abstract ones. If there is a picture of a person on a box or magazine, I have to cover it up. I also dont like cardboard boxes in my house - i will empty out all the groceries and get rid of as many of the boxes as possible, even if it means I put the food in other containers, so I can throw out the cardboard boxes. I do it in my office kitchen too. I think it drives people crazy but I cant help it.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    OMG i just though of another one... i have workout OCD

If I'm on a treadmill or elliptical i have to end my workout calories burned on a 0 or a 5. For example: 107 calories burned would make me continue to workout until I see 110.

I do this too, but I have weird habits with numbers in general and OCD with some things. It's probably pretty common!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I sniff everything...even the bad things...even when I know it will be bad. I also talk to myself...so much that my co-workers frequently comment about how I'm like an old crazy lady.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I tool the time to line up all the screw heads on my switch plates and outlet covers to the same orientation. This would drive me out of my mind:

Thing_6688_Light_Switch_Cover_02_display_small.jpg
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my chips ( French fries for my US friends) in chocolate ice cream ...lush!!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Deoderant!!! I probably put it on 2-3x, ALWAYS, before getting dressed, just in case.... I don't ever want to be the girl that "smells"!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I would say I have some weird eating habits. Especially with pizza. I HAVE to eat my pizza in this fashion every time: I take a bite of the crust first. I flip it around and take a bite of the front. I flip it back around and I finish the crust. Then I flip it back around to the front and finish the slice that way. Every. Time.
    I also eat what I like the least first and I save what I enjoy the most for last. I eat these snack pacs most days, and I always eat the carrots first, then the grapes, then I pick out the broken pretzels and eat those first. Then I have to match up my cheese so each piece has a pretzel to go on. I eat the pretzels first that don't get cheese...then lastly I eat the matched up cheese/pretzels together. I have a TON of strange eating habits. I also don't like my food touching, so I'm a big fan of paper plates with the separated compartments!
    lol
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Wow ~ Been reading and we are some WEIRD folks, lol... Love it!
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I can't eat meat directly off the bones. Gnawing on an animal carcass is enough to gag me, literally.

This is me!! I'm not a cave woman....lol
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well, I collect Elmo's, perhaps that's enough? My OH thinks it makes me weird anyway!

I also park away at the end of a car park, my dad parked that way to avoid getting dents in his company car, I guess I caught it from him.

I am really fussy about cutlery at home, it has to be 18/10 stainless steel, when I eat out I only insist the cutlery is clean and not still holding food from a previous meal!!!

In the past I would never pair socks, and all my socks are bright colours so I'd hunt through the drawer to find two the same... my OH hated that with a passion, now socks are paired, boo!

When putting diesel into the car, I have to stop the counter on a whole pound, if it goes a penny over I'm filling until the next whole pound - this is REALLY tricky now that the price is so high!!

That's plenty, though I do have lots more...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I also eat what I like the least first and I save what I enjoy the most for last.

Approaching the end of a meal, I actually start to think about what I want for a "last bite" .. what's the last flavor from this meal I will have? I will then eat accordingly, saving that planned "last bite".
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    My wife has CDO - I am just too modest to elaborate my own traits.

Hmmm? I do eat the whole apple, core and all but this comes from overweight childhood being sent to school with 4 SMALL apples for lunch SO I ATE EVERY SCRAP!!!!!