Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Man alive, you people should spend more time working on YOUR workouts then worrying about what other people are doing...

Agreed.

By the way . . . what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE?!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Man alive, you people should spend more time working on YOUR workouts then worrying about what other people are doing...

Agreed.

By the way . . . what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE?!

Canadians and Brits, mainly....
  • coleeli
    coleeli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There was a girl next to me at the gym yesterday wearing some really short spandex bootyshorts while walking... This would be mostly fine, but they rode up her butt every 2 minutes and she kept pulling them out with extreme force. They just kept going back up. -_-
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    There was a girl next to me at the gym yesterday wearing some really short spandex bootyshorts while walking... This would be mostly fine, but they rode up her butt every 2 minutes and she kept pulling them out with extreme force. They just kept going back up. -_-

I don't see the problem.
    *shrugs*
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    walking backwards... i always hope they will fall
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    People that focus on me holding the bars rather than their own stinking workout.
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OK! I'm an admitted bar holder! My trainer has me on a 7 degree incline at 3.7 to strengthen some of those 'little' muscles in front of my legs. If I don't hold on, I'm a goner! (Oh yeah, they hurt like a B!&$@ the day after.)

Also, I have the inate talent of being an absolute klutz. Don't hate me because I'm blessed. :bigsmile:
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I'm to busy worrying about my workout to pay attention to others and their workout.

I do see that I do a lot of what some of you are annoyed about *shrugs*

I do the fat burner so I have to hold onto the handlebars in front of me for my HR, and it inclines to help you reach your HR Goal, So I'm holding on "for dear" life as some of you have called it! :laugh:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Farting... I like being able to run away from farts.

Cardio bunnies who go at the peak time (right before working hours on base) and walk for three hours carrying on a conversation with their friend. GO OUTSIDE, IT'S PRETTY!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    When do we stop having threads that worry sooooo much about other people.
    Concentrate and focus on what you are doing the rest will take care of itself.

PS
    Prob should be in CCF&G

Have a wonderful day
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    When they crank up the incline and hang on for dear life.

Really? I'm definitely guilty of this one. Wanna know why? Not only do I have balance issues, but I have a bad leg that I have to be careful doesn't give out on me and this makes me feel like I'm more in control. Don't judge the people next to you...you don't know why they're doing what they're doing.

I'm referring to people with an incline at +10 who hang on to the top of the treadmill and lean back.

If this is you, you should lower the speed or incline and let go, or hold on to the side rails for balance. Too high of an incline combined with top of the machine holding puts unnecessary strain on your lower back. The reason you look foolish doing this is because your pelvis is tilting in a way that it shouldn't with natural walking or jogging.

If you're holding on to the side rail and using the machine at an appropriate speed or incline for your balance issues, I have no problem with it. In fact, it's better for you than walking or jogging outside.

And don't tell me I'm being "judgey", poor form is poor form, regardless of your excuse for it.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Really? I'm definitely guilty of this one. Wanna know why? Not only do I have balance issues, but I have a bad leg that I have to be careful doesn't give out on me and this makes me feel like I'm more in control. Don't judge the people next to you...you don't know why they're doing what they're doing.

I'm referring to people with an incline at +10 who hang on to the top of the treadmill and lean back.

If this is you, you should lower the speed or incline and let go, or hold on to the side rails for balance. Too high of an incline combined with top of the machine holding puts unnecessary strain on your lower back. The reason you look foolish doing this is because your pelvis is tilting in a way that it shouldn't with natural walking or jogging.

If you're holding on to the side rail and using the machine at an appropriate speed or incline for your balance issues, I have no problem with it. In fact, it's better for you than walking or jogging outside.

And don't tell me I'm being "judgey", poor form is poor form, regardless of your excuse for it.

You spend too much time caring about this...
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing bugs me about other people on treadmills.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If you have the extra time and concentration to critique other peoples' workout habits you probably aren't putting enough into your own workout.

I always like to read selfish " it's all about me posts" like this one. Makes me remember why I shouldn't join a gym.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

You spend too much time caring about this...

Actually I used to be guilty of it and then someone corrected me on it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    If you have the extra time and concentration to critique other peoples' workout habits you probably aren't putting enough into your own workout.

I always like to read selfish " it's all about me posts" like this one. Makes me remember why I shouldn't join a gym.

I LOL'd at this. Makes me remember why I'm glad you don't join my gym.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad I can use the treadmill in my house and no one can judge me. I have SEVERE rheumatoid arthritis. I have balance problems...so yes, I do tend to hold onto the handles...better than falling and at times, I go damn slow if my joints are hurting...better than not moving at all.

I can't believe how petty some people can be. Mind your own business! Do your workout and don't worry about what other people are doing.:angry:
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When people read books while walking or running.

And the only reason that bugs me is because I'm JEALOUS!! I wish I could see the words of a book clearly while walking or running, and could spare some thought to focus on the words. All I can do while working out is think "Oh gosh, is it over yet? Please?"
  • TattooedPinUpGal
    Options
    I saw a guy bite his nails while he was walking on a treadmill.....and then spit the remnants by the cup-holder. EW.