Toxins

Options
167891012»

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hey, so how's this thread going, what did I miss?

Any solutions to world peace?

No?

Really?

Carry on then . . .
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    u guys i jus ingected hi fruktoes corn sirrup in2 me wut do i do
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Your liver:

squirrel-chill.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    SWEET PERTATERZ R REELY GUD REMUVIN TOCKZINS.

WUT DO U LYKE ON YER SWEET PERTATERZ?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

YOU GUISE ADS TOKSINS TWO YUR SWEAT PUHTAITOES?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Should I have my dogs do a cleanse? Cause of the pesticides and bad air and processed dog foods.
    I really want to rid them of toxins!

My dog rids himself of toxins -into the air - often. At least, I blame him...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

AY LEIK HI FRUKTOES KORN SIZZURP ON IT OH DAMN WUT DO I DO NOW
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    it's BS, plain and simple.

most ppl that refer to detoxing and cleansing toxins are implying that our bodies produce toxins that need to be eliminated from the body for optimal performance. Nothing could be further from the truth. Ever wonder why all of these evil toxins don't have a certain name or chemical composition? They're just called toxins bc it is BS.

There are actual toxins and toxicants present in the environment that can be detrimental to the human body. However, your liver and kidneys do a fantastic job of removing toxicants from the body. If they can't remove it, no amount of lemon juice will.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    So, in summary, there is no actual proof of any "toxins"? Got it.

Uh. I don't think that's it. It's that cleanses are not necessary as any toxins are removed by the body the way it is designed to perform. There is no need to fast or drink a green concoction. Just eat healthful foods and drink plenty of water.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am anti-toxin.

And some of you people are dangerously close to violating Community Guideline (all hail) #18...(although admittedly, my post could be construed as a violation of Community Guideline (all hail) #1a).

Also, you're giving me a headache. So please, knock it off.

:flowerforyou:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    There are exotoxins and mycotoxins that can develop in the bloodstream, there is also candida. A green juice fast helps with this stuff, and straight fasting.

Reminds me of when people say, "You don't need to detox your body, your body does it naturally." Think of a water filter it cleans out our water. So does that mean you're going to put motor oil in it because "it filters automatically?" It's a pretty idiotic statement.

Of course our organs are constantly functioning. If you over load it, it will take more time for it to do it's job. If you stop putting stress on it, it can finish the process completely.

^crazy^
    My natruopathic doctor explained it to me this way. We live in a dirtier world than we think and our bodies can not tolerate the amount of junk we inhale, injest and intake. The best way to 'detoxify' our bodies is to pee, poop and slough skin. Which means we need to drink clean water and lots of it, eat healthy fiber in the packaging God provided and use a loofa.

^not crazy^
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are crap. The only reason people get any benefit from them is correlative, not causative. Basically, most cleanses, as well as restricting you from a whole bunch of unnecessary things also restrict you from most sugar and alcohol. "Wow! I feel great after cleansing for 3 weeks!" Which should really read as, "Wow, I feel great after not eating sugar and drinking alcohol for 3 weeks!". Detoxifying??? Please. Biology 101 rules out that bit crap science.
  • cdj383
    cdj383 Posts: 4
    Options
    Toxins can seem allusive - a class in cellular biology can give you a decent grasp on how toxins enter the body and what they can do, but it doesn't do much to relate to our health. Too many toxins to cover.

But, I can give you one example of how/ why toxins are bad. I grew up on a tiny island off of West Seattle, WA called Vashon. Vashon was directly downwind from a copper smelter which spewed arsenic laced smog all over the Puget Sound area. I lived in one the most polluted sites for only a few years in my "pre-teen" era. Now in my late 20's, I was/ am experiencing fatigue and anxiety. Pretty normal stuff sure - but I actively work to live a reduced stress life, I eat healthy, exercise, etc. Conventional doctors didn't have any suggestions except to take drugs. I finally went to a natural path who tested my hair/ blood and found I had very high levels of the toxin Arsenic and cadmium. Arsenic prevents the update of many electrolytes, such as potassium - which can lead to elevated anxiety, along with other side effects. I have had to switch to primarily organic foods, try to find household products that are low in crud (ever thought about how much chemicals are in your mattress - that you spend 1/3 of your life on) and all kinds of fun stuff to avoid encountering toxins

It's hard work, but I slowly seem to be getting better. Plus it's an excuse to have my favorite treat - coconut milk (high potassium). So toxins my seem like a mythical creature, but they are out there and do cause harm.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

YOU GUISE ADS TOKSINS TWO YUR SWEAT PUHTAITOES?
    YOUSE GUISE