What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a spinach/veggie cheese omlette with toast. I use egg whites out of the carton. 3x servings-75 calories. I also whip one large egg into it- 70 calories. I add a handful of spinach (I don't count the calories for that on my program) and then .5-1 ounce of cheese depending on how much exercise I'll be doing that day (55-110 calories) then I top it off with a piece of local "daves killer" bread and that is about 110 calories because it is a bigger piece and has nuts/etc in it.

Delicious.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with flax seeds and wheat germ. It's a pre-mixed bag I get from the supermarket (look up Rogers Steel Cut Oatmeal). I cook a bunch of it on the weekend with ripe bananas, skim milk and a teaspoon of vanilla thrown in. It's filling and fuels me up for the day.
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a healthy tuna fish salad wrap with green leaf lettuce in a whole wheat 100 calorie wrap for the last 2 days, just for a change! May make an egg salad wrap tomorrow, add some sliced tomato!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    2 strips of bacon
    2 eggs scrambled with 1oz cheddar cheese
    homemade biscuit
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese pancakes with strawberries and almonds... sounds strange, but it tasted amazing!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I eat a breakfast sandwich. Whole grain bagel, egg and turkey sausage, or salmon - sometimes tomato and spinach with low fat Swiss.

I love this and use it 5 or 6 days a week: http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-TEM500W-Muffin-Toaster/dp/B008YNFB3Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362612020&sr=8-2&keywords=breakfast+sandwich+maker
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    today and the last few days its been:

sugar free cinnamon roll oatmeal, cup of strawberries, small banana, and 2 tbsp half and half, 2-3 cups of coffee - all for less than 300calories

or I have

2 large eggs (over medium), 2 slices healthy life toast, jam - also about 300 or just under
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you get tired of breakfast food, for a change you could saute some sweet onion, fresh sliced mushrooms, celery, red bell peppers and add a can of diced tomatoes, sometimes I'll add a little garlic powder . I usually will make this the night before, You can have a big bowl, cut the veggies nice and chunky, then just reheat it in the morning, and top with some fresh grated parmesan. On a cold morning, it is sooo delish and filling, yet still so low calorie, no fat!
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 unsalted brown rice cakes with a small apple flavored silhouette greek yogurt smothered on top. Turns out to be 120 calories with 10g of protein and only 3g of surgar. Very filling! And if you get bored just change the yogurt flavor or slice a banana to go on top. With a medium banana calories comes to 225, with 11g of protein and 17g of sugar.
  • birchiebunch
    birchiebunch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 can baked beans, wholegrain toast x1, Avocado spread on toast.
    Special K with 1/2 cup blueberries and one small sliced banana.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Flax cup muffins, or sometimes turkey breakfast sausage links with a teaspoon of real maple syrup. But most recently, just coffee.
  • shellykzoo
    shellykzoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The past few days I have had banana oatmeal raisin muffins. Sometimes I do SouthWestern EggBeaters in a Pocket Thin for a low calorie but protein rich breakfast. If working I get an Egg McMuffin from Micky D's. not super but a treat and the egg keeps me going strong for hours.
  • Teanbaa
    Teanbaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1 x Wholemeal english muffin with
    2 slices of
    1 piece of laughing cow cheese
    1 scrambled, microwaved egg

279 calories and fills me for hours
  • camillerivera
    Options
    Gluten free oats 1/4 cup mixed with whatever fruits my father in law's farm has at the moment. Or mix it up with a whole wheat tortilla, 1 egg omelette with fresh spinach, 2 tablespoon fresh shredded low fat mozzarella cheese and a side of orange juice or cold water (as it fills you up faster for some reason.)
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Plain Oatmeal, strawbs and cinnamon nom nom nom.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Cereal, eggs, oatmeal, and sometimes sausage. Sausage days are awesome.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I vary it up:

Oatmeal with greek yogurt and berries mixed in (or vanilla soy milk instead of yogurt).
    Whole wheat waffles with the above (minus the oatmeal)
    Shake: mix 1 scoop of chocolate peanut butter protein powder, 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 1 cup frozen berries, and 2 tbsps of flaxseed
    Oatmeal with fried egg, cooked spinach, and melted cheese and a side of fruit
    Kashi Go lean cereal with either yogurt or soy milk and berries
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup home made plain yogurt. 1/3 cup granola w/ nuts and seeds. 1 tsp. local uncooked honey. dash of cinnamon. black coffee. sometimes 1/2 a fruit, sometimes a piece of bacon.. just depends.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (40g) cooked with a cup of water (in the microwave for 4-1/2 minutes)... with 100g any flavour Source yogurt, or sometimes I mix 50g homemade yogurt (2%) with 50g of the Source yogurt... Either way it comes out to under 200 calories and it's pretty filling and really yummy.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's either a nice Smart One morning meal, or I also enjoy a Vita Top!!!