Awesome backs....lets see it

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    What the heck. I am a work in progress, too.

11846387_5576.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see that this hot *kitten* thread is still moving . . . "good games" all around.
  • cedebrooks
    cedebrooks Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To the girls in particular: what sort of arm/shoulder/back weights do you do? I'm not completely new to weight lifting, but am curious to see what you guys have had the most success with. Thanks in advance!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    This is in response to the "how to lose back fat" thread:

How to lose back fat:

(1) recognize you want to lose back fat:

25536715_5303.jpg

(2) reduce caloric intake to lower body fat percentage:

25536715_3213.jpg

(3) recognize that to lower BF% to "athletic" status, you need to start lifting weights:

25536715_2648.jpg

(4) stick to a lifting program and eat TDEE minus 20% and watch those macros!

25536715_1101.jpg

NOTE:

I don't look this buff in the back unless I'm flexing. But the flexing shows how little back fat is there because you can see the muscle definition.

i love your definition. i want my back to look that BAMF when i'm at goal.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    For those who have asked about what kind of lifting program. I started StrongLifts 5x5 in the beginning of February, was doing circuit since last May. If you are interested, Mehdi (program designer) has youtube videos for both work out A & B online..and there is a smart phone app. It was geared toward men, but there is a group of women here that are doing it...some of the upper body stuff I had to start at lighter weights, but I really love the program...

http://stronglifts.com/
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I started New Rules of Lifting for Women now I do PHAT (Layne Norton). As far as how much weight, well it depends on how strong I am that day . . . I use the maximum amount of weight that I can use to get in the number of sets/reps in whatever program I'm working with.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm doing stronglifts, too.
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    What are your all doing to get your back musles to look so great. I juat had back surgery back in nov. and now I need to work on my core and back musles but not totaly sure were to start. if you have any suggestion please let me know.
    stacey
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    <
    mine
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    <
    mine too.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    <---- my back (not sure how to actually post it, and this was a couple months ago)
    Also...
    Awwww yeah for a creeper thread!!

eye-candy-jake-johnson-5-5.gif

Wait, what?

This^^

Lol
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    HIrLaD1.jpg

^^^^^^^ Totally inspirational everyone! Keep up the great work and I'll be here soon! :)
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    my entry
    zero2hero2013-albums-2012-picture98076-88kg-back-oct-2012.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    To the girls in particular: what sort of arm/shoulder/back weights do you do? I'm not completely new to weight lifting, but am curious to see what you guys have had the most success with. Thanks in advance!

I do barbell compound lifts, and I know that many of the women on here do so also.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3y1i5ZhfK1rvyooxo1_500.gif
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AWESOME BACKS!!!!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Here is my back! Still working on it!

Photo0439_zpsde9aa3b4.jpg

and

backoct2012_zpsc9fd3a36.jpg
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I do barbell compound lifts, and I know that many of the women on here do so also.

^^ This! Squat, deadlift, benchpress, overhead press, bent over row, all of these things work great. If you are interested in getting started on those, I think most of us would recommend a good solid lifting program to start like Stronglifts 5X5 and Starting Strength.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!