Favorite dog Breed

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Give me a Pit any day! I have a Black Lab mix and a Pit/Boxer mix! The pit is the most affectionate dog we've ever owned. :)
    :love:

We used to have a pitty mix, and she was the best dog I've ever met in my life....sweet, loyal, smart and loving....totally won me over from any preconceived ideas I had about the breed!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Labs and Rotts.. mainly because I've had both and loved them, but I would be open to having any medium/large breed dog if I could have one. I would looooove to get a Chocolate Lab.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I used to be a dog trainer, so I have several breeds that I love!

Golden Retriever - my dog is the best! I've had him for 10 years and he was exactly the dog I needed when I got him. My brother had the most awesome Lab ever and my mom has a Lab puppy that's a close second.

My next dog will be a Doberman. I have a breeder picked out already, lol.

If I wanted a small dog, I would definitely get a Westie - so smart and cute!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My baby puppy Quinsi when he was a wee thing
    Quinsi01_zpsd5a69378.jpg

Is he deaf? My two white rescues are both deaf.

AAAAAAAGH! My heart skipped a beat. SO CUTE
  • goldenboy2532
    Options
    Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Admittedly, ours is a little insane, but we blame that on her seizures.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've always been partial to Rotties - had a couple myself and we had Pitts, an Akita and a Standard Poodle when I was growing up.

Right now I have 3 - Xena, Rott that was dumped and starving in middle of the country and we rescued her, Roxy, white pit/boxer mix that we got from the pound and Oreo, a black/white ****zu that we got from the pound (my daughters baby lol).

This is the first time I ever had a small dog and I wasn't too thrilled about it....but Oreo started out as a cranky little recluse and has progressed so much being with the other dogs and getting our love, it is amazing to see the change in her :)
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Bernese Mountain Dog

4362792906_88b0eeefc3.jpg

^ I love these dogs, and have wanted one for so long but I got 5 already so it's gonna have to wait unfortunately. I'm just a little leery because I know big breeds have a tendency to acquire health issues especially hip problems. I had to watch my Golden Brandi deteriorate rapidly while she slowly lost her ability to to walk, it was so heartbreaking. I also am scarred from loosing my St. Bernard @ 2years old die of cancer. It sucks but with life comes death I suppose, gotta love em for the all they great time they give ya, even though it's never long enough.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    LOVE all dogs! But my favorite is a Puggle! BEST dog ever! (At least ours is) :love:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Gosh I love looking at all the pictures of everyones favorites they are so cute. I do love my labs, all 5 of them. But really I love all dogs, small or large.:heart:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Bernese Mountain Dog

4362792906_88b0eeefc3.jpg

^ I love these dogs, and have wanted one for so long but I got 5 already so it's gonna have to wait unfortunately. I'm just a little leery because I know big breeds have a tendency to acquire health issues especially hip problems. I had to watch my Golden Brandi deteriorate rapidly while she slowly lost her ability to to walk, it was so heartbreaking. I also am scarred from loosing my St. Bernard @ 2years old die of cancer. It sucks but with life comes death I suppose, gotta love em for the all they great time they give ya, even though it's never long enough.

Average life expectancy for a Berner is only 8 years. He's the big stupid love of my life and I know in just a few years, I'm going to be completely gutted.

But, for now he's too amazing to imagine being without.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    13554630977111.jpg
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    40af682e-46d6-4af7-aeea-4c387619e90e_zps47798667.jpg

Hopefully I finally figured out how to upload photos. Here is Gus, our samoyed....
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    odbm8.jpg

My Miniature Dobie is my world!! :love: I love all dogs, but he rocks! My 4# killer LOL :)
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    PIT BULLS! They are smart, goofy & eager to please. Give them love & they give it back tenfold. I have been a Pit Bull advocate for years. I have never met one that wasn't sweet, but unfortunately I have met WAY too many who have been abused. Thankfully, they respond quickly to a loving, caring environment. Now if only we could do away with the PEOPLE who are responsible for giving them a bad rap (sensationalist reporters and irresponsible owners)...
    This!!!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    pomeranians!!! so sweet and cute and awesome and funny and just the best dogs EVER.

tumblr_mhos92I8nX1qjyf8to1_1280.jpg

Agreed! I'm a Pom Lover too!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love almost every breed, but I have a rescue that is (probably mostly) a Shi Tzu!
    20130303_101746_zps9183eb7b.jpg
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Too many breeds I love lol and all for the same reason, I like their temperament, loyalty and affection. Plus they are fun!

1. Chihuahua
    2. American Pit Bull Terrier
    3. Pomeranian
    4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
    5. American Eskimo
    6. Samoyed
    7. Papilion
    8. Alaskan Malamute
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've all ways had some kind of a mutsu growing up that some how found are door step or shelter dog/cat that needed and gave love. The one pure breed pit bull I had for years I got free from a pet shop when the breeder didnt want it cause the mother dog died giving birth. It was one day old and we bottle fed it . she requested a feeding aprox every two hr by whining. Me and the vet were surprised it lived. Shes in a better place now but that dog loved us more than some humans would.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Shiba Inu
  • LindLind83
    Options
    <
    Australian Shepherd! He's the love of my life, if I could I would get 100 more!!