Meat & non-eat meaters (READ ME)

Options

Replies

• mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    my husband's family farms....so they raise their own cattle, butcher their own cows and chickens, wrap them up, and freeze them.....I will take fresh farm meat over a processed veggie burger ANY (or every) day of the week :happy:

ETA: also to pigs too - so fresh pork chops, roasts and smoke our own BACON mmmm
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    I'm sure most all of you have heard of Morning Star foods.
    Why not substitute?
    On a night you're going to have burgers, why not have a vege burger? They are so delicious.
    Chicken nuggets, why not Morning Stars?
    So much less fat, no grease, all entirely healthy & delicious.

Yes, pricey. But who has burgers every night? Who has chicken nuggets every night? I know I don't. Though Morning Star is delicious.. & It does tempt me to make one. Yummy yummy substitution ;)

lol, all I can think about is that episode of south park called "smug alert" lol - this clip in particular:

http://youtu.be/TMTkedIUX8U

Hahahahaha I love South Park.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and find this thread to be obnoxious.

What did you expect, OP? People to look up and say "yeah, you know that sounds like a great idea". All this does is gives people a venue to sing praises for meat.

Lol ... Drama, drama, drama.

It is obnoxious... Your comment is obnoxious too.
    So it's hypocritical of you to say the post is when you are.

Lol it's the INTERNET as I just typed. Relax, geesh. You don't like this topic? Click the X. That's the simple thing about the internet. You can SIMPLY x out your problem. Save the drama for real life, lol. But as most people do, it's easier to fight a battle over the internet, right? Hiding behind a screen?

I've been called worse things.

When you open up a forum on the internet, you're inviting people's opinions - whether they agree with you or not. If you aren't prepared to handle that, write it in a diary. As they say, if you can't handle the heat, get outta the kitchen. I found your post on a public forum to be counterproductive, and I don't think it's that much of an issue to tell you that.

I would love for people to turn to veggie burgers instead of meat burgers and make more compassionate choices. But things like this are completely counterproductive, and actually winds up encouraging people to do what you'd rather they didn't. And I find that upsetting.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Morning Star has something in their mix that causes me to break out in hives, and itch all over. I am allergic to something in there, it's almost like Anaphlax...I have no problems with Boca Burgers, and I really like the "flame cooked" version. The Boca Chicken patty fakes are unfit for consumption.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    X7PSjxN.jpg

Lmaooo. I'm the OP & I don't even know...

This.IS.The.Internet.

That's all I can say.......
    A place people can say anything, be anyone..
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Some of the ingredients are genetically modified...which is gross/bizarre/not normal.

Livestock is not. They may eat a partially GM diet...but to my knowledge, it doesn't transfer into their meat.

I'd rather eat a burger than a healthier version with GMO ingredients.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/GeneticEngineering/GeneticallyEngineeredAnimals/default.htm
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    Morning Star has something in their mix that causes me to break out in hives, and itch all over. I am allergic to something in there, it's almost like Anaphlax...I have no problems with Boca Burgers, and I really like the "flame cooked" version. The Boca Chicken patty fakes are unfit for consumption.

Awww i'm sorry :( Bocas good too though :)
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs...

Oh and this..
    <----
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

What did you expect, OP? People to look up and say "yeah, you know that sounds like a great idea". All this does is gives people a venue to sing praises for meat.

Lol it's the INTERNET as I just typed. Relax, geesh. You don't like this topic? Click the X. That's the simple thing about the internet. You can SIMPLY x out your problem. Save the drama for real life, lol. But as most people do, it's easier to fight a battle over the internet, right? Hiding behind a screen?

When you open up a forum on the internet, you're inviting people's opinions - whether they agree with you or not. If you aren't prepared to handle that, write it in a diary. As they say, if you can't handle the heat, get outta the kitchen. I found your post on a public forum to be counterproductive, and I don't think it's that much of an issue to tell you that.

I would love for people to turn to veggie burgers instead of meat burgers and make more compassionate choices. But things like this are completely counterproductive, and actually winds up encouraging people to do what you'd rather they didn't. And I find that upsetting.

You sure are. I said opinions welcome but why rude ones? I've been called worse too. Lol, I don't expect my comment over the internet to hurt your feelings. It shouldn't lol. But yeah vege burgers are good. Homemade seem super good.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    this **** got cray cray!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    vegetables is what food eats.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes, pricey. But who has burgers every night? Who has chicken nuggets every night? I know I don't. Though Morning Star is delicious.. & It does tempt me to make one. Yummy yummy substitution ;)

Because of this right here. If I am not eating it every night I want to eat the real thing. There is nothing more delicious than a pure beef burger, grilled with all the fixens! I am not substituting that kind of taste. If I am not eating every night then I don't care how bad it is for me once in a while.

Rarely do I eat a chicken nugget so again if I want to eat them I will eat the real thing.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

You sure are. I said opinions welcome but why rude ones? I've been called worse too. Lol, I don't expect my comment over the internet to hurt your feelings. It shouldn't lol. But yeah vege burgers are good. Homemade seem super good.

Just because comments are a) honest and b) don't agree with yours don't automatically make them rude.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't think they have that here.. thank goodness cause I love meat and Morningstar doesn't sound worth my money (or time)
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    For vegetarians:

There's two of you who commented & seem hurt because you said this topic was just for people to talk **** about vegetarians.

Sorry. Not my intention. My intention was to help. Yes, that didn't work. But I apologize your feelings got hurt. Just remember, we all make our own decisions & I'm happy you're happy with yours. :)

For meat eaters:

I didn't mean never eat meat. Thought it was a healthier option & to substitute sometimes. Try some homemade ones. But my dad is like some of you. He says "THAT'S NOT A BURGER. I don't mind eating it but I want meat." Well eat you some damn meat, lol. I wasn't trying to say "NEVER EAT MEAT! "
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    vegetables is what food eats.

:laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

I agree. I don't like to be converted.. this thread sounds like some kind of promo for Morning Star
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    gross.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

Just because comments are a) honest and b) don't agree with yours don't automatically make them rude.

It being obnoxious is your honesty, yes. Nobody said you had to agree. It's more so the "What did you expect OP?" blah, blah thing. Because i already stated that I was TRYING keyword:Trying.. to help. No, that didn't work. Now go down & read all my other comments where I say sorry to those vegetarians who thought it was made for meat eaters to bash vegetarians..
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

I agree. I don't like to be converted.. this thread sounds like some kind of promo for Morning Star

It does sound like a promo, lol..

Wasn't trying to convert you..