Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, DO NOT EAT THE POP TART INTO THE SHAPE OF A GUN!!!

Serious consequences for playing cowboys and indians with pastry. Serious.

And good for you OP :)

Yeah that's legit (and sad).
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people with 50+ pounds lost on their ticker being told how they should eat by people with 0 pounds lost on their ticker. And of course, the orthorexics who totally miss the point. Context and dosage. Context and dosage. Context and dosage.

LOL I know right?
  • magerum
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

Ice Cream and Poptarts sound delish ................ just not everyday delish

Sugar! Consumption of sucrose and high fructose corn syrup does not increase liver fat or ectopic fat deposition in muscles http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/apnm-2012-0322

Your point is invalid.
    are you saying high fructose corn syrup is healthy?

I'm saying it's not unhealthy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Putting all the scaremongering and propaganda aside, the molecular composition of HFCS is virtually identical to sucrose (table sugar). So I guess it would all depend on whether you consider sucrose healthy (taking context and dosage into consideration).
  • mikki629
    mikki629 Posts: 37
    Options
    Ok, I may or may not be missing the point of this post... so if I am... please don't hate me!

BUT! I do indulge in some soda every now and then and have still managed to loose weight! Processed foods too. Now, I don't eat/drink all of that every day all day like I used to, but I really do think you can still enjoy the yummy & easy stuff in life every now and then and still loose weight!

not missing the point at all... in fact, you got the point of the thread.

you should celebrate with a pop tart. :flowerforyou:

LOL, I may just do that. ^__^
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.

I qualify my diet with my weight loss, blood panels, & body composition thank you. Plus my ability to run 20k 3 days a week & lift the other days. Not to mention keep up with my 3 year old. (It's not all I eat geez)

Of course it isn't all you eat or do. You wouldn't have had such great success if it was. However, the point of your post was to get a rise out of people and solicit response. Had you said, I am able to eat pop tarts and ice cream almost daily as part of a a heavy exercise regiment and eating healthier overall, most people would be agreeing. And how boring is that kind of attention?

Cheers.
  • jamiesueaustin
    Options
    158 pound lost?
    Good for you, but no surpise how those pounds got there in the first place.

I would put my nine year old in the corner for saying something like that. What's the adult version of getting put in the corner? Anyone know?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Great partial information post and really no way to qualify that kind of diet. Most that live on that kind of sugar intake have energy level issues and other things that come up over time. But if it works for you, have at it. I'll stick to items with better, proven quality calories.

Cheers.

I qualify my diet with my weight loss, blood panels, & body composition thank you. Plus my ability to run 20k 3 days a week & lift the other days. Not to mention keep up with my 3 year old. (It's not all I eat geez)

Of course it isn't all you eat or do. You wouldn't have had such great success if it was. However, the point of your post was to get a rise out of people and solicit response. Had you said, I am able to eat pop tarts and ice cream almost daily as part of a a heavy exercise regiment and eating healthier overall, most people would be agreeing. And how boring is that kind of attention?

Cheers.

No they wouldn't, I've seen it too many times.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Now I want pop tarts, but only the chocolate frosted ones, YUM!

YES PLEASE!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "[/quote]
    When you can eat real strawberries and actually KNOW what you're putting in your body? [/quote]"

Sure, strawberries are a great alternative when I want a pop tart. If I want chocolate, are you going to want me to have cacao bean?

Leave it alone. It's not your body.

You enjoy your strawberries and live a long healthy life, while I slowly kill my body with pop tarts...

Damn, screwed up the quote...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating Pop Tarts when they stopped making frosted vanilla creme. But the red velvet intrigues me greatly...
  • magerum
    Options
    158 pound lost?
    Good for you, but no surpise how those pounds got there in the first place.

I would put my nine year old in the corner for saying something like that. What's the adult version of getting put in the corner? Anyone know?

Donkey Punch
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a sandwich, I just put a toasted oatmeal strawberry Pop Tart in a bowl with a scoop of strawberries & cream ice cream and had Pop Tart a la mode. The oatmeal ones seem to fall apart too easily.
    My go-to choice is the Mapley Brown Sugar, but I also bought a big box of Strawberry Oatmeal ones. Don't eat every day, but will once all my macro floors have been hit.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Diabetes and Autoimmune Disease. Processed foods have been proven to contribute to them.

Ice Cream and Poptarts sound delish ................ just not everyday delish

Sugar! Consumption of sucrose and high fructose corn syrup does not increase liver fat or ectopic fat deposition in muscles http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.1139/apnm-2012-0322

Your point is invalid.

I'm saying it's not unhealthy.

nutritionally, maybe.

but in terms of mental health, it absolutely is healthy to eat a pop tart if you want a pop tart. it's such an important component of weight loss and even fitness... not depriving yourself of the things you want. just make room for them in your diet and enjoy them on occasion. we only get 1 life and there is no point being miserable by forcing yourself to avoid foods you enjoy. pizza. ice cream. burgers. fries. cookies. all of these foods are perfectly fine in moderation and will make you much less likely to binge at a later date.
  • Ajellyfish77
    Ajellyfish77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    boston pizza kids meals...veganized no cheese pizza fries cookie apple juice...dang now I am hungry :P and down a lb a week
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ewww..pop tarts are gross...

brownies and a chocolate fountian.. yep..game on!.. mmmmmmm...
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I butter my unfrosted strawberry poptarts. So yummy!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    ewww..pop tarts are gross...

Pop-Tart shaming!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a sandwich, I just put a toasted oatmeal strawberry Pop Tart in a bowl with a scoop of strawberries & cream ice cream and had Pop Tart a la mode. The oatmeal ones seem to fall apart too easily.

I will find those red velvet Pop Tarts if it's the last thing I do!

we have those in Colorado.

:laugh:

Currently saving up for my plane ticket. :bigsmile: