What makes a girl intimidating?

Options

Replies

• Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In my experience it has always been the men who should not be intimidated that are, and the ones that should be that seem to have all the confindence in the world. People (men and women) seem to have a such a distorted view of their own self-worth, in both directions. That's why you always see those couples with one really nice person and one complete butt face and wonder how the heck they got together. It's kind of sad, actually...
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    In my experience it has always been the men who should not be intimidated that are, and the ones that should be that seem to have all the confindence in the world. People (men and women) seem to have a such a distorted view of their own self-worth, in both directions. That's why you always see those couples with one really nice person and one complete butt face and wonder how the heck they got together. It's kind of sad, actually...

I think it has a lot to do with how one is raised....If raised to be respectful and humble you will appear to be intimidated when you are merely being respectful....
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Let's see....

A few years back, I was in a car accident. Car near totaled and I in a neck brace. Boyfriend calls and ask if I could come see him. He lives about 3 hours away. I tell him I can't because I am in a neck brace and my car is in the shop. "How can I help you if you don't tell me that you are hurt?" he says.

Next month, brace now off, I slip in the tub and fractured three ribs. In lots of pain and on pain medication. Figure I will call boyfriend to let him know I am hurt even though I am perfectly able to take care of myself. Boyfriend gets sulky and keeps the conversation short.

Two weeks later, boyfriend calls and says that our relationship will not work. He needs...... a strong woman.

Now, what the hell am I? I get through a car accident, not calling him only to get yelled out about not calling him. So I call him the next time I am hurt and he gets all sulky on me. Says he needs a strong woman.

I have sky dived, breezed horses, raced cars, skied, mountain biked, etc. and he doesn't see me as being strong???!!!

I think the problem was that I was too strong for him and intimidated him. He's a wuz in my book.

I give up.

The problem was he just wasn't the right one. ;-) And a wuz.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    In my experience it has always been the men who should not be intimidated that are, and the ones that should be that seem to have all the confindence in the world.

You may be right in some cases. "Jerks" have little real confidence though - they simply have the illusion of of it which then attracts some women who, due to their own lack of self worth, stay with them longer then they should do for their own sake.

A doubt anyone with a healthy sense of self worth feels the need to continually out down their partner or control them just to make them selves feel better or keep them with them. Making said that I know a number of men who are not intimidated by women in the slightest who are also the nicest guys you could meet. They simply can handle dere bidness....
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    What makes a woman more intimidating than anything else in the world is having a ring on her wedding finger, other than that, her hanging on a guy... I have boundaries, I respect them :)
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Success obviously...

If only you were older...
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and kind of oblivious. I don't get hit on hardly ever but my boyfriend and others say I get stared at all the time. I think I do give off a vibe that says don't talk to me when really I'm just a little awkward, especially if someone comes up and actually does hit on me.

On our first date I was absolutely infatuated with my boyfriend and had a great time. He thought I didn't like him and was surprised I wanted to go out again. Woops haha.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I get stared at occasionally but never approached.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not typically intimated approaching a female. I actually find it a challenge to approach one that gives off the "I'm too good to talk to you vibe"

Shouldn't be such of a game, but at times it is.

Why would you even want to approach a girl that gives off that vibe?!!?!?
    Im the queen of giving off that vibe. Im really shy and dont like embarrassing myself in public. If someone can break through my wall Im very friendly. Just because someone looks stuck up, doesnt mean they are.

Yes. THIS^^^
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I get stared at occasionally but never approached.

This reminded me of my other thing, YOUTH. If you look to young for me... Not intimidating at all, but definately something that will keep me from approaching.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    intelligence... hands down.

When a guy who's not your type approaches me and starts talking to me.. ending the conversation usually is much easier if I step up the conversation a notch in the intelligence level..
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Girls aren't as intimadating as I am a shy. Meh.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

When a guy who's not your type approaches me and starts talking to me.. ending the conversation usually is much easier if I step up the conversation a notch in the intelligence level..

You are skipping a huge problem...Approach and conversation. you cant determine intelligence without that...Generally
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You are skipping a huge problem...Approach and conversation. you cant determine intelligence without that...Generally

Conversation is easy. Approach is hard.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The fact that she doesn't date men.

Seriously happened to me yesterday! Great conversation over coffee though.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Do that to me and I'll be humping your leg in no time.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look like a ball breaker. And the tatts are off putting. I figure that weeds out the wimps anyway.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look like a ball breaker. And the tatts are off putting. I figure that weeds out the wimps anyway.

pfff, tats are like a magnet to me. dye your hair some unnatural color and I'm an instant stalker.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options

pfff, tats are like a magnet to me. dye your hair some unnatural color and I'm an instant stalker.

You missed that phase. I can't get away with fire-engine red hair in the corporate world, for some reason...
  • MrsVal03
    MrsVal03 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I too have never been approached or even stared or gawked at... and only once was I told by someone (who ended up being a friend of a friend) that I was intimidating.... being married now, obviously stopped that, but when you go out with the girls... sometimes just to wonder if you've 'still got it', ya know?