Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

true story

Dawwwww

What's wrong if a man wanted to find someone at the gym to date anyway? Where is ok and not ok to meet someone you like? God forbid he may be interested in dating someone who works out.

People find the strangest things to be offended about

*i know it was a joking around thread...but i still don't see the problem even if he did want to pick up women at the gym

I see nothing wrong with meeting the love of your life while doing what you love to do with your life. You a bookworm? too bad. no picking up chicks at the LIBARY!

WHAT? Bookworms are sexy. Libary is a great place to meet chicks. It is hard though, because no matter how classy your line it will come off creepy in a whisper.......

you get my humor.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

You dealifting them, or press? I image it is hard to find a balance point.

I will just stick with the weights.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I get totally hot when a guy is staring at me, licking his lips and touching himself. You should try it.

But seriously, I dated a guy for over a year I met at the gym. It was totally organic, no pick up lines, just casual chit chat that built from there.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Libary is a great place to meet chicks. It is hard though, because no matter how classy your line it will come off creepy in a whisper.......

LMAO. This is once instance where writing a little note would work.

Or text them, like in the latest BBT episode... :laugh:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.

THANK YOU FOR DECIDING WHAT I DO AND DONT WANT AT THE GYM.

how about you just state what works for you and what YOU partcularly want? :flowerforyou:
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wear some loose fitting short-shorts so when you sit down, you can give the ladies a little show. That will ALWAYS get you some attention.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options

You dealifting them, or press? I image it is hard to find a balance point.

I will just stick with the weights.

both, dont skip leg day. all about balance.
  • txs78746
    txs78746 Posts: 24
    Options
    Some folks use the gym as a pickup place. The Golds I go to is one of those places. The 24 Hour fitness nearby is not. Spending hours on the elliptical I see a lot of this play out. It seems they guys who say hi on a regular basis as they walk by, over time, end up having longer chats. If the lady says hi back its worth pursuing. I don't know if it turns into dates or just hot afternoon hookups. The lady with the hoodie up, earphones in and staring at the machine display *probably* doesn't want you interrupting her. Although I do see it happen now and again. I actually heard one drop an f-bomb. The guy seemed surprised. Even I picked up she wasn't there to be hit upon.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Silly OP. Women are not part of the weight equipment. You're supposed to lift dumbbells, not dumb belles! :wink:
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I swagger up behind them simple and smoothly, and pull a move that looks something like this

h94kT9A.gif

SUPPRISE
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.

how about you just state what works for you and what YOU partcularly want? :flowerforyou:

You. I like you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    How to meet women:

Hi, my name is <insert name here>.

How do you pronounce the <>s?
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options

Have fun trying though.

You. I like you.

:blushing: runs and hides
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb... woman arent at the gym to be hit on, and if they are, their husband probably just isnt paying enough attention to them at home... so dont ever ever ever ever ever ever ever try to hit on a girl at the gym, because 99.9% of the time you will be a creeper, or her boyfriend is over there lifting 100 lb plates with his neck and will break you in half for being a creeper... Just go get your work out on, and dont stare or give them creepy weird smiles in zumba class either. Just a thought, gym is for working out, to quote eric church ... not "crrrrrrreeeeeeepiiinnnn"

But then why do they wear make up?

Seriously? You think women wear make up so you'll feel compelled to hit on them? :huh: Someone please tell me if he's joking, because I can't tell...

I happen to wear make up to the gym because I work out during my lunch break, and I'm not washing it off to work out and then have to put it back on to go back to the office.

The sweat doesn't wash it off? If not, you're doing it wrong.

I use the 18 hour outlast waterproof stuff. I went through 18 hours of intense child birth wearing it, and I looked like I just stepped out of the make-up chair when it was all over. Great product. My hair looks like hell when I'm done though...
  • rockon77
    rockon77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

Go to school = to gain education
    Go to hospital = to gain health
    Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

Most people go to these locations for the reason they are put there. Why spend hundreds (thousands, even) per year for a gym? It is to workout and be healthy.

Some may go to school, the gym, etc to also find a mate, but really, that is not the goal. People go to these places for one main reason. It makes sense to assume that women and men go to the gym to workout. These women don't need men touching them and breathing down their necks.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

Most people go to these locations for the reason they are put there. Why spend hundreds (thousands, even) per year for a gym? It is to workout and be healthy.

Some may go to school, the gym, etc to also find a mate, but really, that is not the goal. People go to these places for one main reason. It makes sense to assume that women and men go to the gym to workout. These women don't need men touching them and breathing down their necks.

I'm confused.

So is it not ok to hit on women at work, schools, bars, or any other place apart from designated areas?

Where are these designated areas?
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

I'm confused.

So is it not ok to hit on women at work, schools, bars, or any other place apart from designated areas?

I would like to know this too.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    How to meet women:

Hi, my name is <insert name here>.
    How do you pronounce the <>s?
    "Hi, my name is Less Than Rob Greater Than"
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

I'm confused.

online dating sites! Duh!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

I'm confused.

online dating sites! Duh!!

But they're full perverts?!