Is diet pop REALLY that bad fro you????

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What is interesting is that no one commented on the way that aspartame came on the market, which has a bearing on the OP.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    QUANTUM PHYSICS IS EXPLAINING THESE THEORIES NOW. Maybe you should read about it.

I'm currently pursuing my doctorate in Quantum Communication. You couldn't be more wrong.

It's the internet, of course these homeopathic people know quantum physics.... duh!

Seems legit
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What is interesting is that no one commented on the way that aspartame came on the market, which has a bearing on the OP.

I did : ) Yes it's the most important post related to the OP! ANd it is interesting that other than me, no one has mentioned it!!!
  • NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options

I did : ) Yes it's the most important post related to the OP! ANd it is interesting that other than me, no one has mentioned it!!!

The original controversy is probably the reason why aspartame has been one of the most rigorously studied substances ever introduced. Hence the mountain of evidence supporting its safety.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Yes, you're right---sorry, I missed your response in all the stuff that was flying back and forth. And I agree that it is very relevant to the discussion but being ignored by those who want to believe that aspartame is perfectly safe.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yes, you're right---sorry, I missed your response in all the stuff that was flying back and forth. And I agree that it is very relevant to the discussion but being ignored by those who want to believe that aspartame is perfectly safe.

We don't "want to believe" anything. We rely on evidence INSTEAD of belief.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

The original controversy is probably the reason why aspartame has been one of the most rigorously studied substances ever introduced. Hence the mountain of evidence supporting its safety.

I agree with a lot of what you say but I just have to make a slight point. You can not prove something is safe with the food testing, you can only prove the absence of side effects from the test. That said, aspartame is the most tested food additive ever and nothing negative has ever been proven in any legitimate study.
  • judydelo1
    Options
    For those saying homeopathy is just a placebo effect . . . tell it to these mice. Next you'll be telling me that mice as susceptible to the placebo effect also.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22818235
  • NaBroski
    Options
    For those saying homeopathy is just a placebo effect . . . tell it to these mice. Next you'll be telling me that mice as susceptible to the placebo effect also.

LULZ.

The article was published in a journal titled "Homeopathy".

I'm sure the peer-review process was brutal.
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have only read negative information about artificial sweeteners, so I try to stay away from them as much as possible. Have you tried drinking flavored sparkling water? That helps me when I'm craving a soda but don't want to drink my calories.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Poppycock. http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm
  • smittieaj
    Options

You seem tenacious. Why don't you crack open a book about skepticism, and have an informative evening?
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Oh? Try this on for evidence: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    Never did like diet drinks..But I love my coke..That's one thing I haven't given up..Still losing weight though....
  • smittieaj
    Options

Hahahaha.... are you trolling me? Find a source from peer reviewed MEDICAL research, and we'll be in business.
  • judydelo1
    Options

You seem tenacious. Why don't you crack open a book about skepticism, and have an informative evening?

I don't have to be skeptical about homeopathy when I've seen it work over and over first hand.
  • rodow
    rodow Posts: 26
    Options
    OP, I've solved this. Prepare a homeopathic solution of aspartame and drink some after every diet soda. You'll be fine.
  • NaBroski
    Options

EL-OH-EL

Great source there

aminosweet_aspartame_small.gif

global_warming_hoax.gif

No agenda there.
  • NaBroski
    Options

This

Start here:

shermer_why_people_believe_weird_things.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Hahahaha.... are you trolling me? Find a source from peer reviewed MEDICAL research, and we'll be in business.

No one is doing medical research on it anymore because it is considered a closed subject. But that doesn't mean that it is safe--only that the subject has been abandoned.