Does anyone Zumba and what are your results?

Options

Replies

• SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I finally gave in and ordered the DVD's yesterday! I'm so excited. I attend zumba classes with an awesome instructor, but unfortunately if it's not on a Weds or a Saturday I don't want to exercise, because it's not zumba! So, I had to get the dvd's so I will get my zumba fix. The machines at the gym are torture now that I've been doing zumba!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love to dance and want to try Zumba. Where is the best place to buy it at the best price?
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love to dance and want to try Zumba. Where is the best place to buy it at the best price? ~Lisa~

**********************************************************************************************************
    Lisa,

A lot of people sell them for a good price on Craigslist, but if you want brand new, I'll let everyone else tell you where they got theirs.
  • fallongm_85
    Options
    I Love Zumba!! I was going to zumba about 5 times a week!! Its so much fun!! I did have to cut down thou :noway: bcus of school and work. My sister gave me the DVD and was pretty cool, so whenever I can't attend class I have my DVD/youtube....:laugh: its not as alive as it is in class but well do.....
  • fallongm_85
    Options
    Sooo up for a zumba thread!!
  • decemberg
    decemberg Posts: 26
    Options
    I am a Zumba maniac! I actually did a chartity Zumba-thon and did Zumba for 3 straight hours! It was so much fun I never even looked at the clock! As for the shoes....go with a good cross training shoe. I wear Saucony's. I go to Zumba twice a week at my gym and then take another Dance class which is geared more towards hip-hop. What is great about Zumba is that you can adjust it to your own level. You can make it really low impact or you can turn it all the way up and get some amazing cardio out of it too. I think I have the best instructor ever! She makes coming to the class a party! We all yell and get crazy and even turn the lights out!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Zumbies!!!

I am just back from a Zumba class and it kicked my butt!!! I was roasting and shattered after it today - it felt fab!!! I managed to do it after doing my couch 2 5k run.

Was lots of fun. We can't really whoop in our class because they have fitted a noise reduction contraption that shuts off the electricity if we're too loud. My friend said last week the power went off 3 times :laugh: . We have to have internal whoops instead :laugh:

Zumba love :heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Zumba on for tonight !!!
    Keep going!!

Janet:heart:
  • SassyLass
    SassyLass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am stepping out of an ingrained comfort zone to try a Zumba class tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. I am nervous. I am self-conscious, but these posts are amazing and its time I did something for me. First class is free and then I can see about more classes or purchase the set to have at home - between classes. I think I need the accountability. Bless you all for sharing your thoughts and progress.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I am stepping out of an ingrained comfort zone to try a Zumba class tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. I am nervous. I am self-conscious, but these posts are amazing and its time I did something for me. First class is free and then I can see about more classes or purchase the set to have at home - between classes. I think I need the accountability. Bless you all for sharing your thoughts and progress.

Hey there Sassy!!!! I can't wait to hear how it went. :) PLease share! I too, was self conscious, but took a risk and am SO GLAD I did. Zumba is SO MUCH FUN!!!! I'm honestly addicted. It's a great way to torch calories and get in touch with your booty-shakin-inner-beast. :) Hope you made it to class. :)
  • WindHauler
    WindHauler Posts: 35
    Options
    My aunt has lost about 50 pounds in 8 months by doing 45 minute Zumba classes. Two per week, it does work.
  • SassyLass
    SassyLass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My first Zumba class was - ummm - I survived!! I enjoyed the music and really felt self-conscious at first because I couldn't keep up until I looked around and found others not going "full-speed". Kali (the instructor) told me before starting - just keep moving on those segments that I felt I couldn't do. Come the next day, I did know I had worked out the day before, but I felt good.
  • johnsoag
    johnsoag Posts: 59
    Options
    i bought the kit recently. only done it once...it's amazingly fun! I shook my hips so much i popped blood vessels and had bruises on both sides! hahaha.
  • RedHairedChiliPepper
    Options
    Boy, do I understand! I had parts moving that I didn't know moved!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I wanna get the zumba dvd's!! I love to dance & already know it burns tons of calories! I am a stay at home mom & don't really have time to go to a class. The dvd'd would be perfect for me!! I'll have to start looking around the internet for them. I havent seen the infomercial yet..
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Sassy !!!! Yay for you :) I felt like that at my first class too - but it was still fun. I'm hooked - now I try to get to a class 2x/week and use the dvds on off days - mostly b/c it's more fun than work and has a pretty good calorie burn.

To the blood vessell popper - :) LMAO! Yep, it's THAT fun!
  • babyschatz
    babyschatz Posts: 15
    Options
    I do Zumba at the gym and it's a great cardio workout!
  • issanissa
    Options
    wow 50lbs in 8 months thats wonderful :) I am late on the thread and i am reading all of the post i am awaiting my zumba DVDs I can not wait.
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs but am having trouble finding the motivation to actually do them. Any tips?
  • pagalladki247
    Options
    I got my dvds for zumba and been doing it for week now. its lods of fun, but somedays i find myself less motivated. Does anyone take classes in jax, fl if so can u provide me with more info plz.

P.S. would luv to have partner in crime(zumba).....if u know what i mean