5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• superbeacon
    Options
    5'3" here, too :) Since I started eating vegan a couple of months ago, I have gone from 154-155 down to 148. Now that my energy level is high, I am going to kick up my running routine to four times a week.

I am a 36 year old mama of five, and the last pregnancy seriously threw my body for a loop. It has been three years, and I still haven't really bounced back. Normally I am at 130, but life in the mid 140s is my new normal. Blah.
  • mousetu
    mousetu Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'3 started jan 2013 at 161 now down 10 lbs still need 15 more to go to my goal weight
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Started in September at 183lbs....currently 157.

My first goal was 145, what I weighed a few years ago before putting on this desk job/depression related weight over the past couple of years. Not sure if I will keep losing when I reach that or not but now that I have started exercising WAY more than ever, I just might. :)

For me, the system of eating back my exercise calories has been the key, simply because it encourages me to work out more, and the more I exercise, the more mindful I am about putting healthy fuel in me as well.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You all are just so inspiring.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I am 5'2" and started at 198 I am now down to 138lbs I started back in 2011
  • pittso
    pittso Posts: 18
    Options
    Bump
    Also 5"3. 35 years old. Goal weight: 120
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 3/4. lost 10 lbs. the end. it's not really a story yet. sorry.
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    5'3" vertically challenged here too. Now that I can get back to it seriously, I'm ready to go.

SW- 196
    CW- 184
    GW- 125 (or so, I want to see what looks healthy on me)

I swear being 35 now it's much harder to lose weight. At one point my highest weight was 297, got down to 130 but it was all from illness and stress, there was no 'good' weight loss. Once settled in, the pounds just added back on. I suppose sitting on my butt all day and night working from home doesn't help either ;)
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    to nipsghost get a grip now that you are thirty five.
    I am at week six for MFP
    5'3"
    SW 199.8
    CW 187.8
    goal 150-was afraid to set a goal of any lower because the total weight loss seemed too great. will likely reset goal.
    51 yo with kids and a bum hip - need to find exercises to get in shape and challenge cardio system.

good health to all!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I am 5'4 and beginning weight was 244. UGH
    Currently 171 and feeling great! Want to get down to 140ish.
  • 1234san123
    Options
    Hi 5"3 girls! I am 33 years old, also 5"3, 165lb, mother of one gorgeous girl and trying to finally lose these extra 30lb that have been around since I know for myself. I hope we can all motivate each other. So sick of yo yo dieting...
    Good luck all!

~Feel free to add me.

Sandra
  • stephlpirozek
    Options
    I am 24 and 5'3''

SW : 250
    CW : 224
    GW : 150

Started MFP in January and I have lost 26 lbs so far! :)

Best of luck to you!
  • estrellita26
    estrellita26 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing. I just started my account as well as getting back on track. I'm a student, so I spend most of my non-working hours relatively sedentary. However, now I'm doing Jillian Michael's DVDs everyday (For about a month and a half now)--and I keep doing more of them. (If I feel like I've messed up or am extra motivated--I will add Bob Harper's Cardio or one of her hour long DVDs to the usual, which I keep switching up because I'm addicted and have a bunch of) Also, my sister teaches NIA dance classes, so she usually enlists me for those as well. (If any of you want to learn about Nia just go to nianow.com as it's low-impact aerobics that can help cure the aches and pains without killing your joints) You guys are really motivating me to do more though! I've always been a lousy runner--or at least, that's what I've always told myself since I was a kid. I would like to be able to really run someday, or be stronger in general. Thank you for the extra motivation!
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • veronica341972
    Options
    HI! I am not 5"3 but 5"4. I am 41 and have six kiddos, the youngest 14 months old. My starting weight as of Feb. 2012 was 174! I am now 136 and my goal is 125. I must admit that after the first three the weight came off quite easily so I had to really work hard at it. I started MFP in November of last year.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I'm a high school student, and about half an inch over 5'3".
    SW: 190
    Weight when I joined MFP: 165.5
    CW: 148.8
    GW: 140
    UGW: 130-120.
    I'm not sure where I should be aiming but I'm going to try my best to get to around 130 lbs.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'3" and my heighest was 165. Now I'm about 125. My before and after is in my profile. 125 was supposed to be my goal weight but I have a lot of pudge in my mid section still. Right now I'm focusing on body fat rather than weight. My goal is to get a flat, tight tummy!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 27 years old here. My highest weight was 170 lbs back in late 2010. I've since lost 22 pounds. At 148, right now I'm just aiming to get to 140 and then will reset my goal around 130. I'm taking it kind of slow right now though, I'll be happy just to be 140 lbs by the end of the year.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4.

SW: 164lbs
    CW: 140lbs 25% BF
    GW:135lbs
    Dream goal weight: 133lbs

I am a lot heavier than I look as I have big hips and am quite strong in build. I naturally carry a lot of muscle.
    133lbs was when I was at my absolute fittest and had 19% bodyfat, I looked about 115lb.

I have lost the weight at first by eating 1200 a day and working out for 45minutes 3 days a week, but hit a plateau about 2 months ago. I have just started on Road Map so hopefully will get some good results. I will post pictures when I'm done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!