share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm stupid. What is NSV?

NO u aren't..... had to ask to when I first got here!
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My first proper one today... I was checking out the sugar/calorie info on cereals in the suprmarket, and as I reached up to put a 'not-so-healthy' healthy choice cereal back (You know... the one with a big red 'K' on!), my jeans slipped right past my hips and displayed the top of my knickers! I passed on the cereals... :0)
  • etak17
    etak17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my nsv for today is that even though my gym partner couldnt go tonight I still went, I suffer from severe anxiety which makes it difficult to drive in the dark and to go training on my own, so for me this is a big NSV.

Actually posting here something positive about myself is another. x

Congrats!! Next time I don't want to do something because of my anxiety, I'm going to think of you.
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    1) First time out to the driving range this spring, and I'm hitting the ball 30 yards farther than last year with no extra practice. My husband said my swing is actually looking "athletic"! That is a word that has NEVER been used to describe anything I've ever done!

2) We're in the process of switching our closets from winter to spring/summer clothes, and most everything is ending up in the donation pile instead of the closet. Shopping time soon!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    New one for today:

Pair of emergency work pants used to fit snug in the thigh, tight int he hips, and fine at the waist now fit loose in the thigh, right in the hips, and loose in the waist. (If I clip my phone to the waist band, I'm in danger of them falling down!)

Swam a "fitness" run today, just to evaluate improvement, and was shocked when I finished 27.5 laps of freestyle before my form broke down! Last time I was able to swim that type of distance in pure freestyle I was still in either grade school or middle school with the local swim team.
  • wake4us1966
    Options
    Thanks for asking!!!!! I was wondering also.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day was leaving the house in an outfit that I felt showed my curves and flaws and areas I still wish looked better. The NSV was in my attitude-- that slight adjustment inside me that said; well I still have some work to keep doing but I sure look good! Accepting flaws and still feeling good about myself is liberating!
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dressing up for work yesterday, I managed to get a M/L tutu on my waist without stretching it - I've been unable to wear them without stretching in the past!
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I wore size small underwear and this morning my boyfriend told me my bum is starting to look nice and firm! Great NSV for me as I always feel like I have a huge bum!!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That my families eating habits have changed. Instead of piled high plates of carbs, they have a smaller portion with piled veg on the side.
  • itsjilly
    itsjilly Posts: 40
    Options
    size 12 ......was a 20
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Today was the second 60 mile plus day on the bike :bigsmile:
  • bigb2001
    bigb2001 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got into a size 12 pair of pants. I have not seen a size 12 in probably 7 years
  • asmithstl
    asmithstl Posts: 50
    Options
    I put on the new dress I bought for my sister's engagement party to show my fiance how it looked. He asked if I was wearing "those spanks things" to keep my butt in. I wasn't wearing spanks! Thats just how my butt looks now!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My bra is getting too big, too - although I'm not pleased about that! :frown:

My muffin top is gone. No overhang when I sit down as well.

:bigsmile:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day was leaving the house in an outfit that I felt showed my curves and flaws and areas I still wish looked better. The NSV was in my attitude-- that slight adjustment inside me that said; well I still have some work to keep doing but I sure look good! Accepting flaws and still feeling good about myself is liberating!

YES!
  • naner61
    naner61 Posts: 85
    Options
    1.Being able to lift my left leg to get into the shower without shooting pain going down my leg.
    2. The ability to cinch up my seat belt on the airplane.
    3. Going on 2 amazing hikes and seeing incredible veiws that I couldn't do the year before in Kauai!
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 1.6 miles without stopping. Started MFP about 60 days ago and could only walk (no jogging). In another 60 days I'm going to try and jog the Bay to Breakers race in S.F.
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yay for big bras!!!! My bra now also has to be on the smallest one and it still feels big!!! My BMI no longer says Very Obese. I am closer to the low end of the Obese section now!!!! :)
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I went thru 4 pairs of pants this morning before work until I found a pair that kind of fit enough not to look like parachute pants!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!